Xmas Season grind rail

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Merry Christmas, merry binks :f_drink:

Who's going to play what and who's going to slack? :f_tongue:

Let's share the most intense moments of our Xmas grind here, incl. MTT runs, big jackpots, high stakes shots and whatnot :f_thumbsup:

Some rambling about my own Sunday plans:
      I'll be just fine with Twister / jackpots and whatever daily challenges (big ones) Stars offer, but I'm seriously tempted to load an MTT schedule on Sunday the 27th.

However, it's going to consist only of iPoker and PKR $12-€75 tourneys starting at 18:00-20:00 GMT (incl. iPoker's Big Sunday and PKR's Winterfest #10 Main and High) plus maybe Sunday Storm, the $21.50 Sunday 'Mini' Million if it's on offer again and (if Stars' notorious Sunday xx:30 lag turns out not too severe) The Bigger $55.

I'm not enterprising to play the $5M Sun Mill because the guarantee is too big - any prize above $80K would be more or less equivalent to $80K to me, so about 20% of the SM buy-in would be a sunk cost (that's how much extra is allocated to the first 3-4 places), plus the lag would take 10-20% out of the ROI, plus I'm not good enough.

The situation is a bit different for Storm, though, because it will be likely drawing hordes of recs in by awarding tickets to SM and, by the time when stacks start being worth a lot of money, the peak hours and the lag will have ended.

That said, I'm not sure if it's not -EV to have Stars' resource-intensive client running at all and slowing down PKR and iPoker Beta.

And I'm not going to put money on other sites just for the sake of one MTT weekend.

Thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Playing the Big $55 and not playing the Sunday Million makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      OK, thanks, I was thinking about dropping the $55 anyway... but is it really that reg-infested by Sunday midstake standards?

I have really no idea what majors are more playable than others... I've only read that the Storm is the softest major overall (in ROI terms).

To clarify, I strive not to load everything that runs, but to load ~12 tables with the best profit-to-suffering ratio. Playing near the top of the eligible stake range gives a ton of suffering...
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Well, Santa did give me something yesterday...
      Better lucky than good :coolface:

This doesn't count into my GRoDT, though, because I had warned about excluding all MTTs with BI>$30; this one was $75.
      Though the field was tough in the early and middle stages, the final 8-seat table featured as many as three recreational players (incl. myself, obv).

I might review a few critical hands a bit later. I think I missed a few spots, even though I was so nervous that I loaded merely 4 tables with the total BI of $186 (busted in 39th in iPoker's 5r, with 36 places paid).

I'm not enterprising grinding MTTs today (Sunday) because the feeling of my stack being worth $500+ (40+ BIs of my normal jackpot games) for a couple of hours in a row and of my responsibility for it is devastating.
    • FlyingDutchm1n
      FlyingDutchm1n
      Bronze
      Oh hey Tony congratulations on your I was on holidays for a while so didnt follow your blog but its always cool to catch up on what you've written! Hope you keep on writing even after this challenge! Bye Tony
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Well, it wasn't a personal challenge, it was intended as a rail thread for others' MTT grind (in the fashion of the threads that rompas usually makes), but apparently no one was grinding or binking too much, neither did yours truly, who hates MTTs passionately and gave himself a word not to touch them with a 6-foot pole except for playing poker points through, after having a very nervous experience during the above bink (which failed to be as huge as it could be if the A-game presented itself there and then).

I'm glad that you've stopped by, though! :f_thumbsup: Thanks and :gl: