Join week-long boycott against VIP changes

• masuronike
      masuronike
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      you are probably aware of VIP changes that include removal of Supernova Elite status, lower rakeback for everyone with PlatinumStar or higher status, while the only one status will get more rewards (ChromeStars gets 10% more - few cents per month more). We have decided to organize boycott starting January 1st for 7days.
      I know you are probably going to comment with "you have no chance", etc, but Ansky and other HS players should be invited to some player meeting and from steps Amaya is taking it's obvious they do care about any type of massive protest that gets attention. This boycott should help these HS players to get better position in negotiating by showing Amaya how many players are against these changes, because in December not everyone could participate because of VPP goals.
      That's why we created specific site for this protest, where you can sign with your PS nickname so Amaya will see how many players participate. So far we have more than 1,3k players in. You can sign in here http://tiltbook.com/weareallin/

Because I don't want to just spam pokerstrategy, I am going to post something interesting on this forum in next few days. Probably graph from Highstakes hypers with few words about how was my year or something. GL everyone!
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      It will be interesting to see what effect that this boycott has.
      It may well be that they do *something*, but I would not expect them to reverse their position entirely.

Merry Christmas,
      VS
    • mantank
      mantank
      Bronze
      It seems to me that 90% of players never been PlatinumStar to say nothing of Supernova. So most of people will be indifferent to this action. On the contrary, I think if the Pokerstars decided to take extra money, it's not bad if they take it from Platinum and Supernovas.
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      It will be interesting to see what effect that this boycott has.
      It may well be that they do *something*, but I would not expect them to reverse their position entirely.

Merry Christmas,
      VS
      Absolutely none!

Another boycott had been tried at the beginning of this month, if I recall well. The result was that Pokerstars hd more traffinc in that period.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      yea probably real boycot would be if you move not for a week, but for like 6 months to some other site.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The only way I think to make this a success if more than 10% of the players of PokerStars will join this and that will be a tough job.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      One thing to keep in mind is that the boycotts were never originally for the VIP system. Obviously lowering the VIP system sucks, but amaya are well within their rights to do that.

Originally the big problem was the guys who were already supernova elite in 2015 had been promised 2016 rewards which have been nerfed right at the end of the year, despite the fact that they were promised these rewards throughout the entire year.