Someone isolates limper, we are in blinds. What range do we call?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Example UTG limps, MP raisies, we are in BB. What do we call (by default)?

Then if lets say BTN raises - how then it changes?

Also when we are in SB - we probably mostly 3bet or fold.

Now I do not know aproximate range, and since I am afraid to be too loose, by calling and be 3way OOP, I just 3bet or fold.
  • 9 replies
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Bronze
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

This are the ranges i would personally use in the following situations as listed above:

UTG Calls. MP Raises 1 Pot. Hero is the BB. Hero Re-raises {QQ+,AJs+,AKo} / Hero Calls {JJ}.

UTG Calls. MP Raises 1 Pot. BU Re-raises 1 Pot. Hero is the BB. Hero Re-re-raises {KK+,AKs}.

UTG Calls. MP Raises 1 Pot. Hero is the SB. Hero Re-raises {QQ+,AJs+,A5s,AKo} / Hero Calls {JJ}

UTG Calls. MP Raises 1 Pot. BU Re-raises 1 Pot. Hero is the SB. Hero Re-re-raises {AA,AKs} / Hero Calls {KK}

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze

UTG Calls. MP Raises 1 Pot. Hero is the BB. Hero Re-raises {QQ+,AJs+,AKo} / Hero Calls {JJ}.
      that looks really nitty. I add TT-22 but it still might be too nitty.
      ALso what you do with AKs there? I geuss also could be a call, to keep fish and MP is strong and suited playability is better. If we 3bet and some of them 4bets, its not likely a bluff and so practically we have to fold by default. At least up to NL25 I guess.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Yeah those ranges are way too nitty, mid pockets are gonna be some of the best hands to call in this spot. I might not go all the way down to 22 though.

I think you can add in some hands like KQs, QJs, A5s-A2s that are going to play pretty well in multiway pots. Generally these hands are tough because you hit a pair and under a lot of pressure you either fold the best hand or pay too much, but this is a spot where the iso'er can't bluff a lot because its mutliway pot with a fish in it. Hes gotta be honest
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Bronze
      You're probably right but, if you're playing micro limits like me this will help you to stay out of marginal situations and play mostly for value. On the other hand, you can definetely add TT-22 to your calling range using the call 15/20 rule.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Macqas
      You're probably right but, if you're playing micro limits like me this will help you to stay out of marginal situations and play mostly for value. On the other hand, you can definetely add TT-22 to your calling range using the call 15/20 rule.
      I disagree, micros are the most important place for you to be setmining in these spots, since a much higher % of players will be paying your sets off than on higher limits. Add in the fact that a fish that limped in the pot is almost definitely gonna see a flop too, and you just got a recipe for valuetown. I think its a huge mistake to not play these hands, you should try it.
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Macqas
      That was exactly what I said
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      So if I say one thing, but on the other hand I say the complete opposite thing I have 100% chance of being right? :f_biggrin:
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Bronze
      I told him the ranges I would PERSONALLY play in the situations he mentioned above. I didn't advised him not to setmine or to do it either but agreed in that he could do it using the Call 15/20 rule. It is obvious that you misunderstood me by not reading carefully enough..
      Originally posted by metza
      So if I say one thing, but on the other hand I say the complete opposite thing I have 100% chance of being right? :f_biggrin:
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think you can add in some hands like KQs, QJs, A5s-A2s that are going to play pretty well in multiway pots.

why no higher suited aces? its because I will have harder time to fold on Axx board becuase kicker will not look high? And also I guess its because we can make straight.

But still if we treat A9s same as A5s when somebody bets, then it should work.

also maybe AQs is good enough to call to keep fish in. Same with AKs. And AJs to 3bet bluff.