A dirtbag lurker!

• Dirtbag001
      Dirtbag001
      Basic
      Hi,
      I've been playing recreational poker for a number of years now, both online and brick and mortar. Online I played low limit single table sit' n go and MTT, live play has always been MTT play, and I've mostly been a winning player. I did play some cash games, but could never get into that, so I don't play them.
      Last year life threw me a curve ball, divorce, the courts redistributed my wealth and gave it all to her, including the house. At the same time I was forced into early retirement from my job and have not been able to find work for the last year. (Not looking for sympathy, just telling a story.) It seems like I only have one option left to me; start the daily grind.
      A couple of months ago I opened some new poker accounts and starting from zero, (no deposits) I'm working to build my bank roll. by playing free roll MTT's. The bank roll is now at 6 euro, not much, but a start. My first goal is to reach a bankroll of 200 euro.
      Found out about this site from a YouTube poker blogger about some of your tools. I will be going through the forum threads to see what I can learn and tighten up my game and fix the leaks.
      Thanks,
      Jim :f_drink:
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Jim

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

A 6 euro bankroll isn’t too much. What’s your bankroll management plan to build up your bankroll?

I would play most likely play the 25c 45/90 mans on PokerStars to build up my roll.
      Other option would be to use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Dirtbag001
      Dirtbag001
      Basic
      Ciao,
      Unfortunately, the .25c 45/90nmans are not offered on Pokerstars.it. The types of games offered are a little more limited. For now I'm playing the 50c fifty50 on Pokerstars, Intellipoker 10 euro MTT freeroll and a 50c MTT league game. Sign ups for that range from 30 to 100 people depending on the day. On WilliamHill, TitanBet, and Betclick, I play the Freeroll and the, 50c 6seat doubleup. This is until I have enough to move up levels. Doing this is slow, but it is giving me a chance to work on and improve my understanding of the ICM. When I was a recreational player I never really took the time to figure it out. Now I'm going back and re-reading all of my poker books, watching videos of some grinders and reading articles for game improvement. The site ICM Trainer is also helping.
      I would like to take advantage of your money offers, but not sure how to go about it. I live in Italy and most of the sites you have listed are non-playable in Italy and the ones that you list that I can play, I'm already signed up. Italy does not allow dot com poker sites only dot it. It's a tax thing, if you have any ideas I would be happy to hear them. Playing online poker in Italy sucks, very limited traffic and game types. But this is what I have to work with.

Ciao, Jim
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If everything works well you get only the info of poker rooms that you can play in Italy. Off course I don’t know how that looks like, because I’m not familiar with the Italian market. I expect you speak Italian as well. So you can check always our Italian forum for more information about this.

Cheers,
      SDK1987