[NL2-NL10] NL6 A on Turn, scarecard or not?

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $102,00
      CO:
      $1145,60

3,00/6,00 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 8:heart:
      4 folds, CO calls $6,00, 2 folds, Hero checks.

27/ 0 ! /2.9/21/276

Flop: ($15,00) 5:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6,00, Hero raises to $24,00, CO calls $18,00.

Turn: ($63,00) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $72,00 (All-In), CO calls $72,00.

easy push I think.
        But what will he call on the Flop and fold then on the Turn? I think he will call many Ax on the Flop, perhaps to many.
        c/f its hard, but not so unlikly.
        Against any A I have only 18% left on the Turn and I think he wont fold enough to make this profitable.
        He also should know, that when I am betting the Flop, I often did not have the Ace, so he can call with his medium pockets.

River: ($207,00) J:spade:

Final Pot: $207,00
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      How about check/call on the flop and re-evaluating turn?

I think OESD is too weak to play it aggressively, but cannot really tell how it works on NL600.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      c/r Flop should be good. We have a lot of FE and he bets very small, so a c/r is also very cheap for us (also as a bluff).

I dont like calling the flop, because I will often get no more money if I hit, because he is afraid of the paired boared or is a good hand reader.
      And we can also getting problems, when we get the right odds to call again on the Turn.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm not sure on pushing Turn, but I like your flop play. Would be interested to see what Ingol or Ysessa say.

No history on villains play? would be nice to help evaluate how strong his hand could be.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      with your overpush you dont generate fe against pairs, you wouldnt overpush an ace here imo. so your hand is face up as a draw. with your stacksize i would call the flop, great odds and paired board. i dont like playing a big pot. steal limp pot?