No Excuses! - My way towards becoming an excellent person

• MisterSnS
      Hi, my name is Sebastian, I will become 27 years in February (oooh yeah I'm getting old) and I'm from Germany. During the past year I could afford to live in Vienna, Austria (very expensive city but insanely beautiful) and in Budapest, Hungary. In the summer I made an amazing trip through Eastern Europe and visited 6 countries within 3 Weeks. It was literally an adventure. We started in Riga and hitchhiked / went by busses and trains down south to Belgrade. All this was made possible through Poker. So thanks, to the Poker Gods since I somehow could beat NL100 without any theory / big practice. I guess I just hit a massive upswing or something. Because right now I can't even beat NL25 anymore. I could barely hold myself above the water in Budapest and because everything was so stressful I decided to move back to my Mom's place for a while. Right now I am living in my good ol' hometown on a village from where I can barely can go anywhere haha. But hey! Sometimes life gives you shit and you have to deal with it. It's all learning experience, and this time I will make it better.

I thought for a while if I wanted to create a Poker Blog, then just started but lost the fun of it after a couple of days. But since I am reading the blogs of others I've got more inspiration and the epiphany that it makes much more sense to also keep track of my progress and share my life with others. I think my life right now is shit. I don't have any friends here (they all live somewhere else), and all I do currently is playing Poker and playing the guitar a bit for myself. I can't even afford to go to the city a lot so I'm kind of caged in here. So no social life, no real hobbies, foreveralone? HELL NO!

Because this ALL has to change. And I believe in change since I've made big changes already. I LOVE personal development and I also LOVE to read about it. That's why I'll probably hit you up with some posts about stuff that I'm reading and that will help me and others work on themselves and become more of an excellent person.

This post is going to be long... so either skip it, or read it. It's your choice. :) )

Since this blog will NOT be just about poker anymore (maybe 50%) I am inviting you into my life and what will be possible within the next 12 months. I have big goals. Here they are:

Goals for 2016

:diamond: Learn photography (especially portrait photography) and earn my first $$$ with it.
      Slowly I want to get away from Poker and follow something that I really love. I bought myself a Canon EOS 700D almost a year ago. And by brainstorming for days and weeks my best choice is that I will use it to earn money as a freelance photographer. I don't know a lot about photography yet but that will change. I have a business idea and will follow through until I made it reality. Can't really talk about it. But it's great hehe.

:diamond: Find a kick ass girlfriend
      One thing that personal development teached me was that you can become a great guy who can get great girls. My main focus therefore is to become that great guy that great girls want and then go for it. Has been a while that I got a girlfriend, and after a couple of meaningless one night stands, I kinda desire to have someone at my side again. Maybe I am more of the relationship person, but not sure :f_biggrin:

:diamond: Dancing: Reach Salsa Advanced Level
      I started dancing Salsa when I was still living in the Netherlands and didn't continue to visit courses after I moved (that was about 14 months ago). I remember how I loved to dance and became good very fast. Like that I can also fulfill goal number 2 easier haha. But that's not the main focus.

:diamond: Travelling 3 countries
      I want to live in Kuba for a while. Sounds crazy, but I want to deepen my Spanish, and obv this goes with the salsa goal. My plan last year also was to go to L.A. for a while and live there in a kick ass apartment with my buddy and go out every day to pimp it. :s_biggrin: This is still my goal. The third country will probably be Thailand.

:diamond: Poker Goals
      They are not that high right now. I just want to be able to beat NL25 again, would be happy with 8bb/100 in the long run. Right now I play NL10. The thing is that I just need money to complete my other goals. Travelling will not be possible on NL25, but starting my photography business WILL. And this is why I play Poker. If you don't like it, cool. First thing I gonna do is, to apply for the Bankroll-Challenge and set my goal from $250 to $1000

:diamond: Start and Keep a Youtube-Channel about Personal Development
      This is one of my biggest passions and I want to make content videos about stuff I read. Sharing is caring, and I want to generally give more by doing that and make the world become a better place. :)

:diamond: Care more about my friends and family and deepen the connection
      The last months I was so focussed on solely my own life that I didn't really nourish the relationship to my friends and family. I was always on a fight with my mum about meaningless stuff. But this changed already and I am very happy about the progress. Still, the real goal is to care a bit less about my own life and give more to the people that are important to me.

:diamond: Live healthy, exercise regularly 3 times a week, and cut bullshit like Coffee and Sugar
      It sounds weird, but I feel I am getting older and as a natural consequence if you don't care about your health that much and what you eat, your skin displays it. I want to care more about fitness and nutrition that when I become 30 I will still look like 25 and date young beautiful girls :megusta:

:heart: Stick to this blog for the next 12 months and update it regularly
      The important thing really is that I won't lose track of my goals and the actual reasons why I am on this earth: To give my life a meaning. Without updating this blog I will be like a leaf in the wind and won't have a lot of direction. What do I mean by updates? Well, any kind of progress I am making, new epiphanies about life and poker, some non-poker related stuff like picking up girls, dancing, and other crazy stuff. I just want to make sure that this blog will be full of LIFE and not another dry blog about somebody posting graphs and complaining about downswings. Finally, as Brian Tracy said in his book "No Excuses"

"Whenever you see yourself suffering, say "I am responsible" - Never complain, never explain."

Have fun with my blog! :s_cool:

• 112 replies
    • la55i
      This blog looks promising. :) I'll sub :)

That graph looks nice. Red line could be a bit better though.

Btw: Just out of curiosity. What is your side-business? :f_pleased:
    • MisterSnS
      Bankroll-Challenge Update

Today I applied for the Bankroll Challenge and set my first goal to $1500. I am starting on NL10 Zoom (which should be ok to beat).

Today I played a ton of hands, didn't do anything else besides that. But the challenge is giving me new motivation again to work on my Poker game. Funny enough, I hit a sick downer after grinding slightly in the plus. Misclicked with my razor mouse my betsize to All-In and got called by a flopped flush :facepalm: Two hands later it went KK vs AA for 100bb, and another two hands later I flopped the flush and it got All-In vs. a better one :yaoming: But yeah, that's poker.

My main leaks momentarily are definitely that I spew too much. I don't know why. I often believe to see enough weakness to turn PP's into a bluff and stuff. The same way I think my opponents are bluffing enough for calling light on many rivers. But that's not true. Mostly people aren't bluffing a lot on the river and you need DAMN good reasons to herocall. Actually you should rather focus on herofolds and strong valuebets. That's it. Valuepoker. Maybe my life is still too boring for me to just follow this simple rule. Because right now I just want to have fun playing poker, and I feel I can't by playing simple ABC-Style. I probably will never play 0815-Poker, but there are enough spots in which I should just play tight and rather straightforward.

Last but not least, my Bankroll-Update:
      Hands played: 3581
      Winnings this week: -$17,72
      Current Roll: $216,23

Short Life Update

I think it makes sense to talk about the specific plan for this month. As I said, I would be like a leaf in the wind, especially just with my longterm goals written down and nothing applicable for the presence. Right now I will watch the second Matrix Movie. Never did it. Definitely missed some education there. Best quote from the first movie:

"The Matrix can't tell you who you are"

For us, in my opinion, that means we should never listen to others to figure out who we are, what our worth is, and how we should live our lives.

Cu tomorrow :)
    • MisterSnS
      Goals January 2016

What's up, fellah's?
      I thought I just take the time to write down my specific monthly goals before I will start my day. First things first, and it's always better to do it right now instead of visiting "someday isle" again... and again.. and again... However, here are my goals for January:

:club: Grind 30k Hands on Zoom
      :club: Grind NL25 as soon as I feel comfortable with my game again (and a minimum Roll of $250)
      :club: Shoot 1 Video about some personal development topic and put it on youtube
      :club: NO-FAP until the end of the month // Gaining more (sexual) energy
      :club: Instead of touching myself, touching some specific set of poker drills that I gonna create today --> Performing them daily to keep myself fit and increase my winrate significantly
      :club: Going out on at least once every weekend and looking for my dream girl :f_biggrin:
      :club: Work on photography: Understand my camera completely, and get all the know-how about portrait photography.

Where can I expect difficulties?

My old mentor Schnitzelfisch once told me that it is important to expect setbacks and failures to happen and to prepare mentally before you encounter those difficulties. Because many people don't do it, they just inevitably fail.

I think it will be very hard to not fap. The solution is probably to find some alternative. So whenever I feel the strong urge to fap, I gotta go running, play some guitar, or do sth else that deviates me. But I gotta think about some more alternatives.

Further, I KNOW that I will have a hard time on getting done the poker drills. I KNOW that I have enwired the strong habit of mass-grinding. This will be very hard to stop. Stephen Guise has a great book called "Mini Habits" in which he explains that by doing things consistently, and tricking our willpower (by setting our goals "stupid small") we can master pretty much any habit AND inhabit more than just two at a time. My mini habit regarding the drills is to just perform ONE repitition of them per day instead of the actual goal of 5 or 10 per drill.

The Videos: I KNOW that my mind wants me to procrastinate on that too. It will say shit like "you are not ready yet, what do you wanna talk about anyway?" or "Nah, I don't feel like it, I will do it tomorrow" - Common excuses that plague me every day. Good thing is (to quote Eckhart Tolle here) "You are not your mind", and it is on me to make my mind to shut the f*** up and just get on with it.

I think that's it for now. Gonna keep you updated. Subscribe to this blog if you like it and see you soon :heart:
    • MisterSnS
      Ok, I've created some poker drills I will do on a daily basis. I'm telling you.. this is sooo hard (to start with)!! I am really not used to that. But just by going over the hands from today I figured out mistakes I probably would have looked over. Plus, I am gathering more and more population reads on NL25. Often you get into hands where you think "How the f*** can he call with this hand?" or "How could he play the hand like that??!?" - I definitely felt angry in the past when I see fishy plays and they hold hands I would never put in their particular checking/raising/whatever range on whatever street. It's important to kinda "get" the other players. Everyone plays differently and by expanding your own horizon towards different perspectives to the game, you automatically become a better player and make much better decisions at the table. Here some examples:

1) Usually villains play doesnt make any sense, apart from him playing 44 like that, that's pretty much all I gave him in his range, next to AQ/ATs which he may play like that. But the big problem is that the players on this limit usually don't bluff enough to make the herocall profitable. Actually you should always fold in this spot, even though his play does "not make any sense" - Usually I don't see the players potting with KQ. But the results prove me wrong, definitely.

PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $29.67 (VPIP: 17.95, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 6.38, Hands: 120)
      Hero (SB): $28.42
      BB: $63.83 (VPIP: 26.17, PFR: 14.95, 3Bet Preflop: 17.50, Hands: 110)
      UTG: $25.00 (VPIP: 24.43, PFR: 15.27, 3Bet Preflop: 3.33, Hands: 134)
      MP: $17.11 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      CO: $26.77 (VPIP: 20.81, PFR: 12.73, 3Bet Preflop: 3.91, Hands: 330)

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.11, BB calls $1.86, fold

Flop: ($4.84, 2 players) K:heart: J:club: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($4.84, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.31, Hero calls $2.31

River: ($9.46, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $9.03, Hero calls $9.03

BB shows K:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Kings)
      (Pre 59%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      Hero mucks J:spade: T:spade: (One Pair, Jacks)
      (Pre 41%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      BB wins $26.28

2) Another funny one: On the flop I thought that theres not much worse that can call so I decide to x/c the flop. The A makes it even more profitable in case he decides to barrell it if the turn brings it. Villain checks, so I go for two quite big streets vs PPs and AQ/AK that may decide to bluffcatch. Had a little smirk of a smile when he showed me this hand.. Guys slowplay the hell out of their hands, that's the lesson I guess. That's why the line x/c x/c on turn and river after we checked the flop as PFA is mostly unprofitable on the micros. Some don't even get it when they have the nuts :f_biggrin:

BTN: $24.72 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      SB: $56.72 (VPIP: 21.59, PFR: 17.42, 3Bet Preflop: 6.57, Hands: 270)
      BB: $74.19 (VPIP: 14.76, PFR: 8.65, 3Bet Preflop: 3.66, Hands: 402)
      Hero (UTG): $25.10
      MP: $25.23 (VPIP: 26.56, PFR: 23.44, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 66)
      CO: $26.02 (VPIP: 38.46, PFR: 23.08, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 15)

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 9:heart: 3:diamond: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets $1.00, MP calls $1.00

River: ($3.75, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $2.68, MP calls $2.68

Hero shows A:diamond: 9:diamond: (Full House, Sixes full of Nines)
      (Pre 34%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
      MP shows 9:club: 9:spade: (Full House, Nines full of Sixes)
      (Pre 66%, Flop 96%, Turn 100%)
      MP wins $8.70

3) Explanation in the Hand history.

BTN: $27.23 (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 27.27, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
      SB: $37.93 (VPIP: 17.39, PFR: 14.49, 3Bet Preflop: 7.27, Hands: 141)
      Hero (BB): $29.97
      UTG: $23.23 (VPIP: -, PFR: -, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      MP: $7.82 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 35)
      CO: $22.65

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:spade: 2:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.63, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, BTN calls $1.37

Pre I decide to re-raise because I generally want to increase my 3betbluffingrange in the BB. Vs. a 2x open you may cool the hand but vs 2,5x I think its a bit too thin.

Flop: ($4.10, 2 players) A:heart: T:diamond: K:heart:
      Hero bets $2.00, BTN calls $2.00

The flop comes perfect for our range. I don't like to x/c because Villain has quite a lot Ax in his own range and we kinda valuetown ourselves. But we can definitely rep AK/AA/KK/TT/QJs. Therefore the plan was too triple barrell here as a bluff because he will raise TT and the straight on the turn latest which makes his range very capped and mostly consisting of stuff like AQ/AJ.

Turn: ($8.10, 2 players) 6:spade:
      Hero bets $4.80, fold

Hero wins $7.74

4) Kinda turned my AK on the river in a bluff. Not that we aren't good on the showdown a couple of times. But by betting we can win the hand 100% of the time. Can't think of one situation where this didn't work :)

BTN: $42.24 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 12.12, 3Bet Preflop: 6.82, Hands: 339)
      SB: $6.13 (VPIP: 10.59, PFR: 8.24, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 85)
      BB: $91.46 (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
      UTG: $27.06 (VPIP: 23.10, PFR: 19.13, 3Bet Preflop: 6.36, Hands: 284)
      Hero (MP): $32.63
      CO: $25.17 (VPIP: 32.41, PFR: 23.15, 3Bet Preflop: 6.52, Hands: 112)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35, 3 players) 8:spade: J:diamond: A:diamond:
      BB checks, UTG bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45, fold

Turn: ($5.25, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      UTG bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($11.75, 2 players) T:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.50, fold

Hero wins $11.22

BR looking good :f_drink:
    • Lazza61
      Hey Sebastian,

You have some really nice goals there. Have you checked out our Goal Getter Promotion?

Have fun :gl:

• MisterSnS
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Sebastian,

You have some really nice goals there. Have you checked out our Goal Getter Promotion?

Have fun :gl:

Thanks, nice to hear you like them :)

Just posted in the thread. GL to you too
    • metza
      I don't think flatting bb vs btn with K2s is too loose, I much prefer a call here.
    • MisterSnS
      Hellooo.. Sunday Funday! :f_biggrin:

I think it's time for another entry, right out of the headquarters of MrSnS Inc. Welcome everybody who is new to this blog! :heart:

The snow is higher than the length of my penis *_*

The last days were a huge rollercoaster in terms of results. But I am improving, so that's good. Yesterday I had the best pokerday of the year grinding NL25 with over 20bb/100 on 4k Hands (14 by All-In Adj.). That's definitely not a coincidence. Sometimes you just have to tweak one or two "little things" in order to get great results. Tony Robbins describes this with golf: Only one miillimeter can make a huge difference in terms of where the ball is going. I realized that my preflop game was waaaay too aggressive. I didn't really adapt to the table and just raised my standard ranges vs. everyone. Then I started reading The Poker Blueprint by Tri Nguyen and everything came together giving me a huge boost in my skill and winrate. Together with the Poker-Drills, I am trying to do every day, NL25 suddenly seems pretty easy to beat. But I don't want to be overconfident. I know that just because you have one good winning day does not mean that you own poker haha.

Because I firstly ran pretty bad and played bad, and therefore had another bankroll crash in which I lost 6 BI's on NL25, I spent all my time working on poker and grinding back up to $550 incl. Rakeback. That's the thing, if I want to start my Photography thing I have to be financially stable first. And when I am poor I have no head for the stuff I really love to do.. whereas Poker is fun too of course :)

I also did not go out because a HUGE snow blanket is covering Northern Germany. Fifteen centimeters were falling down last night, it's very beautiful, but also a bit annoying since I couldn't drive the car to the city (living on a small-ass village 30km from it, and getting back home is harder than crossing a street in syria) I didn't shoot a video about some topic either, simply because I just read about poker and didn't touch everything else.

The Goal for the next week, definitely, is too free up more time and simply plan days in advance so that I do something else and get some more social life and passions into my life.

1) Quite interesting one... I am still not sure how correct my play was. I just wanted to try a concept I've read: Betting so big with your draw that you commit yourself vs. a shove. I think if I'd had bet the turn smaller he would have called his Tx and Draws, like that I thought it's easy to get him off of these, plus we have still some outs to suck it in case he has a set.

BTN: $46.26 (VPIP: 20.18, PFR: 13.76, 3Bet Preflop: 6.00, Hands: 110)
      SB: $27.15 (VPIP: 18.69, PFR: 17.76, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, Hands: 109)
      Hero (BB): $26.84
      UTG: $31.87 (VPIP: 24.62, PFR: 21.54, 3Bet Preflop: 9.68, Hands: 65)
      MP: $15.71 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)
      CO: $39.15 (VPIP: 21.15, PFR: 13.46, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 55)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:club: T:heart:

fold, MP calls $0.25, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, Hero raises to $3.20, fold, BTN calls $2.20

Flop: ($6.75, 2 players) 8:spade: 3:heart: 9:heart:
      Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50

Turn: ($13.75, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets $11.40, fold

2) Blind vs Blind this should be a pretty standard cbet with some backdoors and instant Foldequity on the flop. This guy, though, raised cbets 2/2 times plus the board is super dry. Usually there is no reason to valueraise here unless he's a big fish. So either we are way behind or play against a huge number of bluffs. Qx should probably just flat, same with Ax. I thought floating oop is a good option here. I would have folded on a turn blank, but given that the Turn is an A and he can't really have AQ (which mostly 3bets pre) and the A does not really hit his range I decided to get it All-In. Turned out my read was right :)

BTN: $34.03 (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
      Hero (SB): $29.21
      BB: $28.97 (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 54)
      UTG: $83.52 (VPIP: 23.81, PFR: 19.05, 3Bet Preflop: 11.90, Hands: 106)
      MP: $42.37 (VPIP: 24.46, PFR: 20.14, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 144)
      CO: $23.20 (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 3:heart: 2:diamond: Q:spade:
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $3.64, Hero calls $2.64

Turn: ($8.78, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $6.45, Hero raises to $24.82 and is all-in, BB calls $18.13 and is all-in

River: ($57.94, 2 players) 9:club:
      Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: ($57.94, 2 players) 2:spade:

Hero shows K:heart: T:heart: (High Card, Ace)
      Board #1 (Pre 64%, Flop 64%, Turn 80%)
      (One Pair, Twos)
      Board #2 (Pre 64%, Flop 64%, Turn 79%)

BB shows 5:heart: 6:heart: (High Card, Ace)
      Board #1 (Pre 36%, Flop 36%, Turn 20%)
      (One Pair, Twos)
      Board #2 (Pre 36%, Flop 36%, Turn 21%)

Hero wins $27.97

3) Not much to say to this one I guess, other than x/c Turn >>> cbet

BTN: $28.76 (VPIP: 18.52, PFR: 15.64, 3Bet Preflop: 6.90, Hands: 247)
      Hero (SB): $25.10
      BB: $34.13 (VPIP: 25.40, PFR: 19.05, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 64)
      UTG: $55.14 (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, Hands: 56)
      MP: $19.31 (VPIP: 17.95, PFR: 17.95, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 39)
      CO: $27.85 (VPIP: 16.87, PFR: 13.15, 3Bet Preflop: 3.82, Hands: 412)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 9:diamond: J:heart: 6:heart:
      Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.70, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $6.81, Hero calls $6.81

BB shows K:heart: Q:spade: (One Pair, Nines)
      (Pre 38%, Flop 40%, Turn 39%)
      Hero shows J:spade: A:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines)
      (Pre 62%, Flop 60%, Turn 61%)
      Hero wins $21.32
    • MisterSnS
      Just busted the Sunday Storm as 353rd of 31.000 Entries, with a flip. Always so close :fuckyeah:

Gonna watch some Family Guy, then meditate for a bit and then go to sleep to start up tomorrow fresh with my morning ritual.
    • MisterSnS

Today was the biggest day of the year regarding Poker. I don't really know how to express myself haha.

In Tri Nguyens book he writes about Bankrollmanagement and that the best players even are sometimes not really rolled for a certain limit. But because the games are so good they decide to do shots. Even though they risk more than usually, they potentially win more and if you can risk to lose a certain amount you should definitely do it. That's why I decided today to give NL50 a shot after a 8-stack heater on NL25. And it went all good :f_biggrin: After 3 days my bankroll almost got to a grand.

The danger though is, in my opinion, that you should not start to believe you are a poker god just because you had some sick days in a row. I know that I have to work on my game, but it's definitely getting better and I'm sooo happy. At the end of the month I will buy a new lense and enroll for photography training.

1) Failed Check-Shove. Probably just a bet/fold on the river. He can't have a lot of sets in his range bc he would just bet it on the flop and as played nothing worse as the flush cals.

BTN: $34.70 (VPIP: 18.46, PFR: 13.85, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 66)
      SB: $9.88 (VPIP: 26.32, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
      Hero (BB): $34.93
      UTG: $31.93 (VPIP: 17.99, PFR: 15.48, 3Bet Preflop: 7.84, Hands: 248)
      MP: $29.85 (VPIP: 17.88, PFR: 15.23, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 155)
      CO: $31.12 (VPIP: 12.35, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 2.86, Hands: 83)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3.20, CO calls $2.45, fold

Flop: ($7.15, 2 players) 7:club: A:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($7.15, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $3.80, CO calls $3.80

River: ($14.75, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.50, Hero raises to $27.93 and is all-in, CO calls $17.62 and is all-in

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
      (Pre 82%, Flop 74%, Turn 23%)
      CO shows J:club: K:club: (Flush, King High)
      (Pre 18%, Flop 26%, Turn 77%)
      CO wins $60.99

2) Lesson: Don't 4bet a donkey. I got some really lose stats on that guy but a 0 fold to 4bet. Probably just a call pre or a fold if he's that lose. But the notetracker states only premiums he has 3bet so far. So not sure what to do on the river. If he has AJ/AQ, sometimes AK. its probably best to just x/f the river.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $57.15 (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 15.79, Hands: 46)
      SB: $44.21 (VPIP: 31.91, PFR: 17.02, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 47)
      BB: $47.94 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
      UTG: $35.61 (VPIP: 25.71, PFR: 11.43, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 35)
      MP: $50.00 (VPIP: 20.69, PFR: 20.69, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 61)
      Hero (CO): $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.22, BTN raises to $3.75, fold, fold, Hero raises to $9.50, BTN calls $5.75

Flop: ($19.75, 2 players) 5:heart: 7:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($31.75, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($31.75, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $41.65 and is all-in, fold

3) What can he rep?

BTN: $75.34 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 27)
      SB: $65.48 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 6)
      BB: $49.41
      UTG: $59.91 (VPIP: 19.72, PFR: 12.68, 3Bet Preflop: 11.54, Hands: 72)
      MP: $39.86 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
      Hero (CO): $52.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:club: 8:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.22, fold, SB calls $0.97, fold

Flop: ($2.94, 2 players) 6:heart: A:club: 8:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.88, SB raises to $5.00, Hero calls $3.12

Turn: ($12.94, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.50, fold

Hero wins $12.36

Bankroll Challenge Update Week 2

Hands played: 24.276 Hands, 8 MTT's
      Profit: $495.37
      Bankroll: $818
    • MisterSnS
      What's uppppp...

It's a wonderful thursday and I thought about what I wanted to write this blog entry. Really want to keep everything up to date. But sometimes the content is a little bit missing. But there is always something to talk about. While I am listening to a remix album of Notorious B.I.G. I am reflecting a little bit on the last couple of weeks. It was actually a hell of a ride. I didn't know what to expect. I think I thought about quitting poker for 10 times or so. But eventually I found some self-hypnosis stuff on youtube and started to train my mind on success. Seriously, if you constantly visualize and put your mind in a state where you actually believe you are a successful person already you start to behave in a way that you really become that person. In my opinion it's a mistake to wait for that moment to come when you are successful. Just be it today. Success should not be measured in terms of results but rather in your daily actions that you take towards your goals.

I started running every morning, drink a lot of water, and have breakfast before I start my day (I used to just wake up and grind). I put in some energy cleansing or success programming guided meditation and start to work. Really work. I reflect every session I play, review 20 hands at least and always learn and improve. There's still a long way to go, because I don't feel like I am earning long-term money with poker. But I realized that this is possible, also in 2016. Not being a winning player yet is just a result of missing effort and efficient work. Unfortunately we are living in a magic-pill society. Everyone wants things FAST. Fast money (with Poker, or other stuff), a fast meal or coffee on the way to work, a fast girlfriend or a fast family with a fast house. The problem is that this magic pill does not exist and most things you are getting fast are either things that are not really worth it, or you won't be even able to appreciate it (ergo: Happiness is left out of the equation). I really appreciate every day because it's a chance to improve. In the book "A practicing mind" the author (forgot his name) writes that it's the process that is important. Are you doing what you doing while you are doing it? Or are you somewhere else in the past or in the future with your mind and really can't things done, get deviated and procrastinate until the point where "it's enough!"? Fact is, hard work pays off.

Leaks (Will be edited)
      :spade: Betsizing with the nuts
      Somehow I am always scared to not get paid off and bet too small, especially when the board is locked (e.g. AA on A37, or 99 on 936r).

:spade: Betsizing vs. fish
      here I mostly use standard betsizings. This is not the optimum I guess. Vs. fish I can bet much bigger and get the same amount of calls with my valuehands. It's important to work on that because that is where the money comes from

:spade: Preflop Game: Defending enough vs 3bets in the CO/BTN/SB
      I am sooo tight I noticed. Mostly it has to do with the Zoom Games: every day I see new players and don't really know how to play vs. their 3bets. On average people are very tight (4% overall 3bet on average) and therefore I fold a LOT, maybe too much. I have my defending ranges down but I am really not sure if they are that profitable to play vs. so tight players. What's your pick on this?

:spade Defending vs. squeezes in every position
      That's a really hard one as well since the sample is always pretty small. But I expect very strong ranges on average that's why I probably fold 80% or so to their squeezes (sometimes even TT's). Would be great to talk to someone who plays NL50 on that.
    • MisterSnS
      Lol'd so hard

BTN: $50.00 (VPIP: 25.15, PFR: 21.05, 3Bet Preflop: 6.90, Hands: 175)
      SB: $52.85 (VPIP: 21.47, PFR: 18.40, 3Bet Preflop: 9.84, Hands: 167)
      BB: $89.93 (VPIP: 24.03, PFR: 15.89, 3Bet Preflop: 9.17, Hands: 267)
      UTG: $86.95 (VPIP: 3.23, PFR: 3.23, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 32)
      MP: $45.90 (VPIP: 75.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 6)
      Hero (CO): $55.26

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.22, fold, SB raises to $4.50, fold, Hero calls $3.28

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players) 4:heart: 8:heart: 5:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($9.50, 2 players) 7:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.50, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB bets $15.00, Hero raises to $30.00, fold

Hero wins $37.72
    • MisterSnS
      Yo Guys, I just recorded a short session of me grinding some NL25 Zoom. Looking forward to your comments.

Some hands were played well, others not. This one belongs to the not-category I guess. In retrospection this is probably just a give up on every street. Questionable if we can get QQ/JJ to fold on a blank turn. And the A is just the worse card because Ahigh flushdraws improve and more importantly sth. like AJ/AQ.

BTN: $49.04 (VPIP: 22.93, PFR: 17.74, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 274)
      SB: $44.79 (VPIP: 24.72, PFR: 14.61, 3Bet Preflop: 7.32, Hands: 92)
      Hero (BB): $28.40
      UTG: $25.35 (VPIP: 13.37, PFR: 8.21, 3Bet Preflop: 2.63, Hands: 331)
      MP: $27.09 (VPIP: 29.17, PFR: 25.98, 3Bet Preflop: 11.54, Hands: 426)
      CO: $35.87 (VPIP: 24.68, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 9.38, Hands: 159)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 7:heart: 8:heart:

UTG raises to $0.62, fold, CO calls $0.62, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.96, 3 players) 9:heart: K:diamond: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.96, 3 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20, fold

River: ($4.36, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $2.50, UTG calls $2.50

Hero shows 7:heart: 8:heart: (High Card, Ace)
      (Pre 42%, Flop 27%, Turn 23%)
      UTG shows A:diamond: Q:club: (One Pair, Aces)
      (Pre 58%, Flop 73%, Turn 77%)
      UTG wins $8.94

That one was also interesting. On the one hand he can have a very strong range on the river, on the other hand he can't. Assuming he just cbets any2 on the flop his river-range must be pretty polarized. Hard to say if he'd bet worse Qx here. But overall getting ridiculous odds, it's just a call.

Hero (BTN): $28.27
      SB: $48.36 (VPIP: 31.15, PFR: 24.59, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 62)
      BB: $25.00 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 17)
      UTG: $37.05 (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      MP: $67.19 (VPIP: 21.39, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 10.96, Hands: 189)
      CO: $31.32 (VPIP: 24.84, PFR: 17.39, 3Bet Preflop: 8.82, Hands: 166)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q:heart: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.70, fold, Hero calls $0.70, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 5:spade: 9:club: 2:spade:
      MP bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.25, 2 players) Q:spade:
      MP bets $3.04, Hero calls $3.04

River: ($10.33, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      MP bets $4.93, Hero calls $4.93

MP shows 6:diamond: 4:diamond: (High Card, Queen)
      (Pre 40%, Flop 36%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows Q:heart: K:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
      (Pre 60%, Flop 64%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $19.28
    • Hesticus
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Interesting session! I feel I can learn a lot from these :) Those QQ against your 88 was quite unfortunate!
    • MisterSnS
      Originally posted by Hesticus
      Interesting session! I feel I can learn a lot from these :) Those QQ against your 88 was quite unfortunate!
      Sweet! Just saw that the quality isn't that great... gonna fix it for the next session :s_drink:
    • MisterSnS
      Yo, I'm going to update this blog daily now and post graphs and hands. My lense for the camera isn't bought and would take me some more time because of today and I'd like to move up on NL50 before I invest any money.

Day 1 - OUCH!

Didn't play so much... don't wanna play more. Everything started well, ran good, then a sick cooler hit me and my roll started to cry after I ran once in another quads (why is this happening only in 3bet pots to me? :s_ugly: ) and 2 hands later in a set, for another stack in a 3bet pot. I could have mucked / wouldn't have gotten into these situations and could have saved some money. Check out the hands and tell me what you think

1) The initial squeezer has a 3bet of 2% overall so far. It's probably higher EV to 4bet/br here instead of calling for a hit and letting everyone hit their set and let a fish like me give them money :s_evil: Will keep that in mind.

AKs in BB vs Squeeze

2) 5-way 3bet-Pots really only happen on NL25 I guess :s_biggrin: - Man his line is so damn strong... I was probably fastplaying in that moment and didn't think too much, apart from he can't have any Jx here cause he's a nit. Then.. 55/88/JJ are likely and probably all he has here. Could punch myself in the face for that play :s_mad:

KK in a 5way 3betPot

• kriko92
      Second hand isn't that bad if you exclude Jx from his range. He won't really have 55 preflop if he's a nit and he won't donk 88 on flop 4-way. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he plays QQ like this.
    • Varune
      Aks is a bit of a cooler with the 2 lowcards besides the ace. Him calling 22 in MP is noteworthy tho.

And the other hand, donkbetting Quads doesn't make all that much sense to me :f_ugly:
    • MisterSnS
      I guess, It's noteworthy in general that if Regs & Nits put any money (not meaning min-betting, but real men-bets) into a multiway-reraised-pot they tend to be very strong. And with that I mean nutted.
      - So not sure if I can really call down in both hands.

Day 2 - Grinding it up

Today it wasn't such a pain in the :spade: like yesterday. But I felt tired which one can see in the last 600 hands. Didn't really play my A-Game anymore and started to lose the feeling for the game. Became robotic grinding 4 tables of zoom.

One thing that definitely improved with me is my skill of quitting. Definitely undererstimated. I know now when to better stop playing. Mentally I'm on top of my game too.

Grinded some tournaments then and actually finished 2nd in a $2,50 180-man after having a tremendous 70% of all chips when it was three-way. Somehow managed to lose it all to the first. Almost busted him in a flip but then he got back and owned me with variance :f_biggrin: - Thus generally a good day, about $100 up.

What's next?

I feel a bit bored with poker. Maybe I should take a day off and do something more exciting. I don't know where to work on my game, and I also don't really feel like it. Tournaments are fun, but they are not re-charging my batteries either. Good news is that I will be getting a train card soon which will enable me to drive cheaply from my village to the city and back. Going to buy a monthly ticket and go there more often than not to shoot Videoblogs, meet people (I'm lonely right now, and it makes me crazy that I can't just move out of my mom's house), practice photography, dress up anew and go to parties.

Btw, if somebody here has a sister who looks like Nathalie Portman (the young version, from the Star Wars movies), shoot me a pm. :f_love: :coolface: