This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Getting to the next Grade - Micros in 2016 - NL5 6m

• nGRADE
      nGRADE
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Haven't been active on this forum and it's time to change that! What better way to do this than creating my own blog & bankroll challenge - right? :f_drink:

Who is this weird guy?

I'm Nick, 25 years old as of tomorrow and from Switzerland. Working as webdeveloper 80% and studying for application-developer diploma currently. Been playing online poker particularly (breaks included) for 5+ years. Played the Battle of Malta last November & visiting Las Vegas this summer for the third time during WSOP for some live action too (2.5 weeks). Like to call me a sporty, open-minded person who loves to travel. Wakeboarding on the lake in summer or on bike tours with my BMW R 1200 RS-baby .:f_love:

Have been on the tournaments-side till now and discovering the 6 man cash-zoom micros on Pokerstars with a high motivation to get better at them.

What does he want?

:spade: Move through micros NL5-NL25
      :spade: Continuous practice staying disciplined, work on mindset
      :spade: Work on my game, discuss hands
      :spade: Work out 4 times a week
      :spade: Have fun! Get to know people & enjoy the journey

Starting bankroll: $33.53
      Current BR: 83.96 (+48.46)
      Challenge goal: $1000

Bankroll management: 25 buyins to higher limits
      Volume: min. 2-5k hands a day

Mindset Rules

Loved these "rules for creating the practicing mind" from MisterSnS' blog - just had to quote them here, cheers MisterSnS!

:spade: Keep yourself process-oriented
      :spade: Stay in the present
      :spade: Make the process the goal and use the overall goal as a rudder to steer your efforts
      :spade: Be deliberate, have an intention about what you want to accomplish, and remain aware of that intention

Shuffle up and deal!
  • 3 replies
    • nGRADE
      nGRADE
      Bronze
      I need to apologize, unfortunately I had to study hard for school exams and was not able to get a routine going.. Atleast I can say that I successfully started working out & feeling really good as a result of it. Also, over the days I studied my poker strategy aswell and paid a lot of attention to mindset.

Yesterday I had a good run with +16$. After an hour break I was bored and continued playing.. even though I knew it was late, tired and I probably wouldn't be able to play my A game... lost around 20$ again...

Today however, I've been playing 2k hands again in an awesome session. Ended with +33.06$ - even though I managed to misclick go all-in with KQ preflop and loose vs 10-8s aswell as fold KK preflop (missclick..) :f_rolleyes: .

Here's the graph:

I'll have my last exam this saturday but will keep posting my progress regularly now :f_drink:
    • nGRADE
      nGRADE
      Bronze
      Hey all,

stayed home today from work as I managed to catch a cold... got bored and felt like playing this morning while feeling ill... bad idea. Went down -30$ on NL 5 :f_o: :f_o:

Anyhow, got myself together.. worked out, went into the sauna, had a neocitran-tea and then took a shot at NL10 for completing the challenge, 2.50$ - yay! Ran hot, eventually quitting with +50.30$ => around 20$ profit today. The challenge always makes me take shots at NL10.. even though that was actually a pretty bad decision after losing 30$ on NL5......

Quite interesting how everytime I play at bad times or go tilting, my red curve goes up.. :f_biggrin:
      Exam time tomorrow morning.. and then some party :f_drink: Will post again on sunday if i'll get out of the bed.

Graph:

Have a nice weekend!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello nGRADE

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

It looks like you have some problems with your graphs, because I can’t watch them.
      I recommend dragging your screenshot in your post next time and it will be automatic uploaded

Further I wish you all the best to improving your game :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987