Getting to the next Grade - Micros in 2016 - NL5 6m

• nGRADE
      Hi guys!

Haven't been active on this forum and it's time to change that! What better way to do this than creating my own blog & bankroll challenge - right? :f_drink:

Who is this weird guy?

I'm Nick, 25 years old as of tomorrow and from Switzerland. Working as webdeveloper 80% and studying for application-developer diploma currently. Been playing online poker particularly (breaks included) for 5+ years. Played the Battle of Malta last November & visiting Las Vegas this summer for the third time during WSOP for some live action too (2.5 weeks). Like to call me a sporty, open-minded person who loves to travel. Wakeboarding on the lake in summer or on bike tours with my BMW R 1200 RS-baby .:f_love:

Have been on the tournaments-side till now and discovering the 6 man cash-zoom micros on Pokerstars with a high motivation to get better at them.

What does he want?

:spade: Move through micros NL5-NL25
      :spade: Continuous practice staying disciplined, work on mindset
      :spade: Work on my game, discuss hands
      :spade: Work out 4 times a week
      :spade: Have fun! Get to know people & enjoy the journey

Starting bankroll: $33.53
      Current BR: 83.96 (+48.46)
      Challenge goal: $1000

Bankroll management: 25 buyins to higher limits
      Volume: min. 2-5k hands a day

Mindset Rules

Loved these "rules for creating the practicing mind" from MisterSnS' blog - just had to quote them here, cheers MisterSnS!

:spade: Keep yourself process-oriented
      :spade: Stay in the present
      :spade: Make the process the goal and use the overall goal as a rudder to steer your efforts
      :spade: Be deliberate, have an intention about what you want to accomplish, and remain aware of that intention

Shuffle up and deal!
  • 3 replies
    • nGRADE
      I need to apologize, unfortunately I had to study hard for school exams and was not able to get a routine going.. Atleast I can say that I successfully started working out & feeling really good as a result of it. Also, over the days I studied my poker strategy aswell and paid a lot of attention to mindset.

Yesterday I had a good run with +16$. After an hour break I was bored and continued playing.. even though I knew it was late, tired and I probably wouldn't be able to play my A game... lost around 20$ again...

Today however, I've been playing 2k hands again in an awesome session. Ended with +33.06$ - even though I managed to misclick go all-in with KQ preflop and loose vs 10-8s aswell as fold KK preflop (missclick..) :f_rolleyes: .

Here's the graph:

I'll have my last exam this saturday but will keep posting my progress regularly now :f_drink:
    • nGRADE
      Hey all,

stayed home today from work as I managed to catch a cold... got bored and felt like playing this morning while feeling ill... bad idea. Went down -30$ on NL 5 :f_o: :f_o:

Anyhow, got myself together.. worked out, went into the sauna, had a neocitran-tea and then took a shot at NL10 for completing the challenge, 2.50$ - yay! Ran hot, eventually quitting with +50.30$ => around 20$ profit today. The challenge always makes me take shots at NL10.. even though that was actually a pretty bad decision after losing 30$ on NL5......

Quite interesting how everytime I play at bad times or go tilting, my red curve goes up.. :f_biggrin:
      Exam time tomorrow morning.. and then some party :f_drink: Will post again on sunday if i'll get out of the bed.

Have a nice weekend!
    • SDK1987
      Hello nGRADE

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

It looks like you have some problems with your graphs, because I can’t watch them.
      I recommend dragging your screenshot in your post next time and it will be automatic uploaded

Further I wish you all the best to improving your game :gl:

Best regards,