Get Rich or Die Tryin' - from $50 to $1000

• d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm Cristian from Romania
      Bankroll: $50
      Goal: $1000 'till the end of March, starting with NL2 and than go up to NL5 and NL10
  • 37 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey d0nCorleone,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      So I played my first session yesterday, it was a lot of fun :D , but ended up loosing a little bit.
      Bankroll: $47.55
      Hopely I will have a better session today
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      So yesterday was a better day. After loosing a little bit on Sunday, yesterday a got into some pretty good spots and I managed to increse my banckroll a little bit. :f_cool:
      Bankroll: $52
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Welcome to the challenge and best of luck to you! :f_love:
    • Post removed

• d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      vonki: tnx, good luck to you to :f_biggrin:

So I've decided to post my results once in two or three days of playing. Not much relevance in posting them every day.
      After two days of playing I've lost and one a few buy-ins :D

Bankroll: $53.95

It's much harder than I thought, plus there are those situations when u have a big hand and u manage to get it all in before or on the flop but the other player wins on the river, although I got to admit that i'ts prety fun and exciting when that happens.
      So my next post will be on Friday. Hope I'll win more buy-ins in these next two days.

Good luck you'll at the tables and have fun :s_biggrin:
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, it's Friday and as I promised I'm back with my results from the past to days.
      Yesterday I had a good run winning about 4 buy-ins :D , unfortunately today wasn't such a good day finishing the day with -1 buy-in :(
      But all in all the important thing is that I'm on + overall :f_biggrin:

Bankroll: 60.37
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      After two days I'm up only 1 buy-in :f_frown: , but at list I didn't lost :f_drink:
      Bankroll: $62.54
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      2 BUY-INS in 2 days isn't so bad, depends how many hands you played but still nice job! :f_thumbsup:
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      So l've decided to install hold'em manager because I didn't had a HUD before but the statistics do not apear at the right players. Does anyone had this problem? How do I solve it?
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      I'm back after almoste a week and I haven't play anything till yesterday. I took a pause from poker this week cuz I had some back problems( I had some pains) and my doctor said that I have something at my spine 😞
      And like that wasn't enough I also got fired this week....apparently I wasn't doing a very good job 😒.
      So now I've added a new challenge: to find a new job. And yes thats a challenge cuz its very hard to find a job this days.
      When it comes to the bnkroll challenge I've pleayed yesterday and today and it went pretty bad: from $63 I dropped to $38 😞
      Well I gess I'll work a lot more on my game and I will also play more since I have a lot of free time now.
      Next update will be on monday.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Awww, that sucks to hear :( I hope you find a new job soon! GL on your search!
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey Cristian, good luck with your challenge. You play Zoom or regular tables ?
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      Thanks for the wishes
      #Agapie I play zoom cuz I didn't had that much free time but now I think I'm gonna switch to regular tables and make some table selection.
      For today I played 1200 hands and I managed to win 4 buy-ins
      Bankroll: $46.58
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      Another good session for today, played around 1500 hands
      Profit: $7.42
      Bankroll: $54
      Hope it's gonna' go well the next days too
      As for my job searching....well I didn't found anything for now, but I'll keep an eye on the recruiting sites :D
      Another thing that I've added to my daily schedule is to learn german....thats one of the things that I wanna do this year. Also today I start reading again, haven't read any book in the last cuple of years and it was something that I really loved to do.
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      You had a nice day 3,5 buy-ins :f_drink: How many tables you play, and why german ? :D
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      I play 6 tables.
      I like german and it's a lot like english so it's gonna be easyer to learn.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      haha german is probably one of the toughest languages to learn. There is a ton of gramatical difficulties. I've been learning it for over a year and I still feel super lost in the grammar at times :) (it's not that you have to just learn the rules, but the rules also decide if der turns into dem or den or die turns into der and that's just some easy examples xD ) I still think you should go for it, just know that it's a bit tricky with the grammar :f_thumbsup:
    • d0nCorleone
      d0nCorleone
      Bronze
      Yes it is a very difficult language but I like it and also ther are a lot of jobs (at least in Romania) where they ask u to know another language, other then English, and most of them ask you to know german.
      As for my poker challenge...
      Hands: 1900
      Profit: $6
      Bankroll: $60