[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 with KQ on the button; decision making right?

• PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Was it right to push in this situatioN? (He could have the Ace, i was really unsure if i should push or not)

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.66 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, CO calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,05) 2:club: , 6:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, CO calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,65) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,65
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      On flop your stack is 1.50, therefor 0.80 is more than half your stack and you should push. So, push flop and avoid unnecessery hard turn decisions ;)
    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      so push on the flop all in with nothing, just because it's more than half of my stack at the table?

i played just a conti bet, but dont wanted to fold on the Turn because i was pot commited...

next time all in such situation... hm, i don't know what i should think about this...

PS.: played 2k hands today -> all in all -1$ (Frustrating :( )
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PaperWings

i played just a conti bet, but dont wanted to fold on the Turn because i was pot commited...

that's the reason why you should push and not contibet with such a low remaining stack.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You can also add an additional BB to your preflop raise because you're out of position and you have an even easier push on the flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Paperwings

Originally posted by burek2000
      You can also add an additional BB to your preflop raise because you're out of position and you have an even easier push on the flop.

With 2 overcards and I am about to invest 45%~ of my stack, I tend to just push it right away. Backdoor straights/flushes makes life also easier to push it just instantly.

You want to avoid situations like how you played it with an Ace on the Turn ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv