This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fishing in Zoom NL2/NL5/NL10 6-max

• Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I'm Jan from Lithuania. It is my very first thread in my life, so some support would be helpful :tongue:

Bankroll: 100$
      Goal: 1000$ until the end of the April, Starting with NL2 zoom 6-max, later NL5/NL10 zoom 6-max
  • 10 replies
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      First day was not bad. I don't have a lot of time to play so I am playing short sessions. Also I don't use any Poker tracking software, I like to grind it in old school way (Try hard here :tongue: ).
      Played NL2 Zoom 6-max 4 tables. At $150 BR will Replace 2 tables with NL5 Zoom 6-max.

Hands: 1471
      BR: $110.11
      Goal: $1000
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Starpior,

welcome to our BR Challenge!
      GL with the "No HUD"-challenge, certainly going to be interesting!
      How did your Poker Experience go before joining the challenge?

PS: don't forget the weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread , so that you will be included in the weekly recap news
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Hey Sven,

I am playing poker for 6 years, but mostly for fun. Never took it seriously until now. I have started with freerolls on PS. Won few tickets, then cashed for $0.56 and made my first $100 playing limit poker and $0.25 45-SnGs. Few years ago tried to grind Pokerschool premier league, but it consumed a lot of time and I quit that thing.
      My main experience are tourneys SNG, MTT and HU. Cash game is completely new field to me so a lot of space to exercise and improve :f_biggrin:

Today NL2 Zoom fishing pool was full of fish, sadly only few of them went to my trophy bucket :f_frown: Played too aggressively, made bad calls, my mind was not fully focused on the game. I am not sure about tomorrow, probably won't have time to play, so hopefully I will relax a little bit for future sessions :f_drink:

Cheers!

Hands: 1509
      BR: $114.68
      Goal: $1000
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      GL with your challenge! :f_thumbsup:
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Day 3

Total disaster, all pocket aces, kings lost to random cards. Variance was rough on me. A lot of straights and flushes lost to higher flush/straight. Started to do a lot of mistakes, was hesitating almost about every decision....

Taking a brake for now.

Hands: 1656
      BR: 94.68
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Okay, here is my last session this week.

I need to improve my cash game a lot. Almost busted my entire bankroll, but in the end managed to stabilize situation :f_grin:
      First dropped down to $50~ then after one day break, analysed my game and improved some spots thus reduced aggression and some bad calls. The analysis of the game gave some fruits:

Hands: 3175
      BR: $85.55

I am completely new to cash games, but on Saturday played Saturday duel tourney and cashed $50, I won't include this into my challenge :f_drink:

I hope next week will be positive :f_ugly:
      Summary of the first week (not as good as expected):

Hands played: 7811
      Current BR: $85.55
      Starting BR: $100
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      I have returned!

After donking around at SnG's and NL2/NL5 Zoom 6-max and dropping down to $60 BR I have decided that it is not going well and I need some adjustments. This week I have watched nice video how to crush fish on NL2 Zoom FR did some analysis and here are results:
      I have started this format with $60 BR
      -NL2 zoom FR
      Hands: 5183
      BR: $89.74
      Still down for $10.26

Will stick to NL2 Zoom FR for now. Fingers crossed I will beat this limit some day... :f_drink:
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Still learning, even though I didn't make profit yet I am happy with my current results :f_drink:
      Expecting to break $100 mark in week 3 :f_ugly:

Week 2 summary:
      NL2 Zoom FR
      Hands: 12673
      BR: $84.38
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Bronze
      Hello everyone and goodbye :) I am not ready for challenges.
      Quitting BR challenge:
      Hands: ~20k
      BR: $20
    • Post removed