Fishing in Zoom NL2/NL5/NL10 6-max

• Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Hello,
      I'm Jan from Lithuania. It is my very first thread in my life, so some support would be helpful :tongue:

Bankroll: 100$
      Goal: 1000$ until the end of the April, Starting with NL2 zoom 6-max, later NL5/NL10 zoom 6-max
  • 10 replies
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      First day was not bad. I don't have a lot of time to play so I am playing short sessions. Also I don't use any Poker tracking software, I like to grind it in old school way (Try hard here :tongue: ).
      Played NL2 Zoom 6-max 4 tables. At $150 BR will Replace 2 tables with NL5 Zoom 6-max.

Hands: 1471
      BR: $110.11
      Goal: $1000
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Starpior,

welcome to our BR Challenge!
      GL with the "No HUD"-challenge, certainly going to be interesting!
      How did your Poker Experience go before joining the challenge?

PS: don't forget the weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread , so that you will be included in the weekly recap news
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Hey Sven,

I am playing poker for 6 years, but mostly for fun. Never took it seriously until now. I have started with freerolls on PS. Won few tickets, then cashed for $0.56 and made my first $100 playing limit poker and $0.25 45-SnGs. Few years ago tried to grind Pokerschool premier league, but it consumed a lot of time and I quit that thing.
      My main experience are tourneys SNG, MTT and HU. Cash game is completely new field to me so a lot of space to exercise and improve :f_biggrin:

Today NL2 Zoom fishing pool was full of fish, sadly only few of them went to my trophy bucket :f_frown: Played too aggressively, made bad calls, my mind was not fully focused on the game. I am not sure about tomorrow, probably won't have time to play, so hopefully I will relax a little bit for future sessions :f_drink:

Cheers!

Hands: 1509
      BR: $114.68
      Goal: $1000
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      GL with your challenge! :f_thumbsup:
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Day 3

Total disaster, all pocket aces, kings lost to random cards. Variance was rough on me. A lot of straights and flushes lost to higher flush/straight. Started to do a lot of mistakes, was hesitating almost about every decision....

Taking a brake for now.

Hands: 1656
      BR: 94.68
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Okay, here is my last session this week.

I need to improve my cash game a lot. Almost busted my entire bankroll, but in the end managed to stabilize situation :f_grin:
      First dropped down to $50~ then after one day break, analysed my game and improved some spots thus reduced aggression and some bad calls. The analysis of the game gave some fruits:

Hands: 3175
      BR: $85.55

I am completely new to cash games, but on Saturday played Saturday duel tourney and cashed $50, I won't include this into my challenge :f_drink:

I hope next week will be positive :f_ugly:
      Summary of the first week (not as good as expected):

Hands played: 7811
      Current BR: $85.55
      Starting BR: $100
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      I have returned!

After donking around at SnG's and NL2/NL5 Zoom 6-max and dropping down to $60 BR I have decided that it is not going well and I need some adjustments. This week I have watched nice video how to crush fish on NL2 Zoom FR did some analysis and here are results:
      I have started this format with $60 BR
      -NL2 zoom FR
      Hands: 5183
      BR: $89.74
      Still down for $10.26

Will stick to NL2 Zoom FR for now. Fingers crossed I will beat this limit some day... :f_drink:
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Still learning, even though I didn't make profit yet I am happy with my current results :f_drink:
      Expecting to break $100 mark in week 3 :f_ugly:

Week 2 summary:
      NL2 Zoom FR
      Hands: 12673
      BR: $84.38
    • Starpior
      Starpior
      Silver
      Hello everyone and goodbye :) I am not ready for challenges.
      Quitting BR challenge:
      Hands: ~20k
      BR: $20
    • Post removed