Grumpy old git out to show the young guns.

• originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I’ve had a very busy life as a teacher, computer trainer and conductor (music – not lightning!) and have 4 “kids” and 5 grandchildren.
      I used to play Sit and Goes quite a few years ago when they were totally friendly games. Around the time of Black Friday I was lucky enough to receive SNG coaching from a great guy called Clint Losch who was extremely helpful to me. I later took a year out of the game and returned about a year ago playing 2NL 6 max cash games, something I knew nothing about and probably still don’t.
      After a very topsy turvy time I now realise that I need some discipline and ground rules to my game and have worked very hard on these.
      First week’s results:
      Played 5577 hands; Profit $52.72; +47.27 bb/100
      I felt really comfortable for 6 days out of 7. On Saturday I had family coming round so I definitely lacked concentration. I will be very careful of that in future.

• 9 replies
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      10/1/2016
      I have now played 15,950 hands in two weeks. Profit 69.64; +21.83
      My biggest problem is showing too much aggression after the flop with hands that were very good preflop. I will try to improve this for next week. I’ve also watched some videos and used Equilab a fair bit.
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      I played just over 7000 hands last week and only made just over 1 buy-in but at least I’m still winning and I’m still feeling very positive. I tried playing Zoom for a while but I just bled money. I have now started table selecting so I’ll know this week whether that’s any better.
      I have watched several more coaching videos and I am working on equity calculations every day.
      This is now my third week and I have played almost 23,000 hands, winning 36 buy-ins with a bb/100 of 15.64.
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze

This is my fourth week and I have played just over 30k hands winning 17.03 bb/100. Long may it continue.
      I have gone back to Zoom because there are always 6 players in every hand, making it easier to work out my hand ranges. Once I’ve got them “off pat” I will go back to regular tables.
      Every day I am doing equity calculations but I will have to do them for a lot longer as I’m really not good at the moment. I’m also watching coaching videos and taking detailed notes.
    • Pistoleroo
      Pistoleroo
      Silver
      Can't see the pictures. But 17.03bb/100 is very impressive. Even for NL2
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      1/2/16
      Thanks, Pistoleroo. Hopefully this one shows ok.

I’m still playing Zoom.
      Every day I am still doing equity calculations and watching coaching videos while taking detailed notes.
      This is my 5th week and I have played just over 39k hands winning 15.02 bb/100. I’m still winning but I know I need to have a sample of around 100k hands. So I’ll know a lot more in a couple of months.
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      8/2/16
      This week Zoom and I had a massive fallout - no more Zoom for me.
      This is my 6th week and now I have played over 45,000 hands winning 14.2 bb/100 – hopefully this will increase this week after abstaining from Zoom but we’ll see. I’ve kept up with the coaching videos and equity calculations however with the latter I don’t seem to be improving much – maybe it will magically slot into place this week.
      I will be trying to play for at least 5 hours a day on regular tables – my wife will be really chuffed!
      http://i64.tinypic.com/2r3chuu.jpg
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      14/2/16
      This is my 7th week and now I have played over 53,000 hands winning 13.8 bb/100 – it’s gone down slightly even though I cut out playing Zoom. I’m still watching coaching videos and doing equity calculations (the latter is still going badly but at least I’m trying). I’ve also played over 40 hours this week and will try to keep that up.
      http://i66.tinypic.com/mtxs2u.jpg
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Impressive.

You can paste pictures just by dragging the file into the edit box.
    • originalgman
      originalgman
      Bronze
      Thanks Svinhugg. I've just tried dragging the file but nothing seems to happen. When I hit preview it works fine though.