2016 = 60k€?

• qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze
      So previously I had a blog titled "Beating 6max CG". Eventually I managed to beat 6max cg and I moved up in stakes. I am currently playing 50-200NL @microgaming. My goal for 2016 is to make 60k€ (average 5k€ / month). December was a really great month so I am hopeful I will make it :)

I will post graphs + thinking etc at least once per month, hopefully I will be posting much more regularly than that.

Let's do this!
  • 32 replies
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Good luck!
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

The year started out great. EV-line higher than 5k, which is higher than last month's EV-line. I don't think I have been running bad this month though.

So running bad at 100nl but running very good at 200nl.

I think I should play more hands per month than only 30k. My goal for February is to play at least 40k hands.

So far everything seems in alignment with the overall yearly goal :)
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

Pretty happy about February.

I took some shots at higher stakes this month and I got very lucky. I didn't play 40k hands which was the goal... I'm going to have 40k hands as my goal for March as well, so hopefully I can do that and then have 50k hands as my goal for April.

Good luck to everyone in March!

• qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

What an amazing month, my first 10k month.

The run good continues, running extremely good at higher stakes... I took a shot at 1knl this month, that was fun as it worked out. I failed with number of hands played. I was in alignment with the "40k hands goal" the first 20 days or so, but I guess I was feeling good about things and that it was ok to take a break. That feeling is dangerous, just look at what might happen in April; when things like variance is probably going to balance out + the tables might turn... The number of hands played in March is even less than the number of hands played in February :facepalm:

But anyway, let's do our best to continue this great start to the year. Play 40k hands in April, it shouldn't be too hard... Good luck to everyone in April. It's all about the vision; "All we need in the midst of battle is "Something To Believe In""

• DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Looking good!
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

Since April did not end up so well I'm going to post the yearly graph so far. I reached my highest peak during this month but then everything crashed, and it probably negatively affected my play also. I ended up losing about 1k€ after rakeback this month.

So we are going to have to play a lot more 50nl. One problem I think I have had is that I sometimes have the attitude of "I don't care" when playing 50nl+100nl, as I would prefer to play 200nl and higher, and when mixing stakes I obviously tend to focus more on the bigger games. So we have to fix that, just always play good poker right.

But anyway, besides all the disturbances this month, so far so good, first 1/3 of the year. We are in alignment with the yearly goal, so let's continue pushing and make this happen. Good luck to everyone in May!

• Sz0gun
      Sz0gun
      Silver
      Hey!
      Sorry to hear about the downswing, but overall looks good

Mby you could answer a few questions? ;)

How many tables do you play?
      How your table selection looks like?

GL in May!:f_drink:

ps. nice music :f_thumbsup:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      5-10?
      You are turning into a beast my friend!
      GL and definitely following as with your previous blog.

BTW, did you complete your studying with coach and are playing on your own now?
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze
      Hey guys, sorry about the late reply. I appreciate your kind words :)

Originally posted by Sz0gun
      Mby you could answer a few questions? ;)

How many tables do you play?
      How your table selection looks like?
      I usually play around 4 tables.
      The player pool is not that big on microgaming, so I like to sit on most of the tables, and just cycle them to play with the fish. If there are 5 or more good tables, I might play 6 tables but never more than that.

Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      5-10?

BTW, did you complete your studying with coach and are playing on your own now?
      Yeah, things were going so great that month so I guess I was feeling a bit frisky when deciding to take a shot at 1knl hehe... I have no plans on taking shots higher than 600nl though.

I am still studying with coach and that has been a great experience. Coach promised me a diploma upon completing the coachings, that is going to be the best of all, very much looking forward to that :)
    • satishvasoya
      satishvasoya
      Bronze
      some sick graphs and epic pwnage sir...!!!!
      i wonder who your coach is.?:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

Good luck to everyone in June!

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Some sexy graph and results right there my friend!
      What's the plan for June?
      How many hours did it take you to play those 37k hands?

Keep crushing!
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze
      Some sexy graph and results right there my friend!
      What's the plan for June?
      How many hours did it take you to play those 37k hands?

Keep crushing!
      Thanks my friend :)
      Plan for June is to just continue on the path, meaning playing 50-600nl whenever there are good games running.
      I believe it took me about 167 hours to play those 37k hands, so like 5,5 hours per day.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Loving it buddy. Table selecting hard and putting tons of hours in!
      Really well done and congrats on 44$ hourly!
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

June was a little bit disappointing compared to the previous months. We started out with a downswing, but we managed to run it back up again, so that was good. I believe I lost focus a little bit this month from relaxing and not worrying too much, as we were an entire month ahead of the yearly goal after May. Another mistake was that I had been withdrawing too much, which forced me to drop stakes during the downswing.

I played some PLO once for fun, that did not end well. I know nothing about that game so I should stick to NLH.

Here is the yearly graph so far. We are halfway through the year and the goal. Let's continue on this road and in the meantime enjoy the beautiful landscape :)
      Good luck to everyone in July!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      You got this my friend! :f_drink:
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze
      You got this my friend! :f_drink:
      You got this too my friend, let's rise together! :)
    • qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

Good month! I should play more hands but whatever works, works I guess. Not sure about the red line but at least it is going up&down overall. Maybe I lost a lot at non showdown playing higher stakes, as most of the winnings is from 100nl&200nl.

This month I had the last session in the coaching program, that me and coach started more than a year ago now. So big thanks to coach for all the help, it has helped a lot on this journey! :)
      Good luck to everyone in August!

• qwerto11
      qwerto11
      Bronze

The most relaxed month.

No worries about anything. But maybe that's bad though. As we know the danger is not in setting the bar too high and failing, but in setting the bar too low and reaching it. So the person who completes his 60k goal feels like a success, all while the person with a 100k goal feels like a failure as he only got 90k. But obviously the second person would be more of a success.
      Good luck to everyone in September!