QQQ 7Stud $1/$2 (not Hi/Lo)

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!

I have got question... just for my curiosity... would you go broke here too?

I know this not 7Stud8, but there is no better place to post it...

TTT

• 9 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      you dont see any pairing, flush or straight draws so yes i would go for maximum value here too, unlucky about the result.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      From fifth street I'm starting to check/call to the end. It is very unprovable to have 6 (45) for a SD and when he is not afraid from the A he is probably ahead of AA and the only real card that he can hold are (66) 6 or (KK) 6 to play like this.
      If he thus have set of sixes he is way behind (one out 6 and and six outs for full house)
      So let him bet and get value from sixes and control the pot if he have KK.

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      you dont see any pairing, flush or straight draws
      So it is time to ask the question: What hand he may have to cap on every street that we beat?
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Start calling on 6th street would save about $20 and change the session from lost to gain.

Hm... next time ;)
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Hey TTT are you actively playing stud and where if you do?
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Just started and still learning it... on Stars I am playing up to 0.5/1,
      on CD Poker (got account to get free pokeroffice ;) ) I am playing everything possible bellow $1/$2 (including) - ussually one table on 0.5/1 and one on 1/2.

TTT
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      kukkuwonbg

I agree that if you know this player to be half decent then he can only really have trip 6's or kings but have you ever played stud hi on the ipoker network? If you do you'll see why I think capping is best against an unknown oppenent.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      @jmackenzie
      No I never played Stud on the iPoker Network, but I'm playing there NL Holdem and PL Omaha from time to time and I know what you mean :D
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      After he caps every street, especially the fifth and sixth, I would be sure he has a set or wired up. Do note that he also reraised the 3rd when he got reraised by a Q, which means he either has a Q pair beat or he has a set of sixes.

Eitherway, after fifth you seriously need to consider how live your FH draw really is, and then act accordingly. If your outs are more or less dead, I'd play check call. If they are not, I might continue capping against a player I have no reads of, and hope he doesn't have a set of kings.

There is one important observation that I have learned: not even a bad player will cap every street with just a two pair.