Frustrated from playing SSS

    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 89
      playing on Stars NL 10 and I'm after 20k hands and lot of hours break even... Normaly nobody calls me when i'm raising, and when they call me or reraise me i loose with QQ vs AA or JJ vs KK or against Flush or Three of a kind... or or or....

      Should i switch to another plattform?
  • 7 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Joined: 04.06.2008 Posts: 1,241
      Imo stars is one of the best places to start playing sss. You can have 20k+ hand breakeven stretches at any limit but on nl10 it is simply unlikely.

      If you havent already done so I suggest you post any hands that you arnt sure you played correctly to see how to play them and to visit some of the sss coahings throughout the week, maybe you could post your stats throught these 20k hands sometimes leaks can be spotted in these...

      I hope some of that helped.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.10.2008 Posts: 7,359
      Originally posted by PaperWings
      playing on Stars NL 10 and I'm after 20k hands and lot of hours break even... Normaly nobody calls me when i'm raising, and when they call me or reraise me i loose with QQ vs AA or JJ vs KK or against Flush or Three of a kind... or or or....

      Should i switch to another plattform?

      This will be the same on any platform. SSS is a long hard slog requiring much dedication.

      I have put in more than 29k hands and appear to have broken even. However if you also include the rakeback & bonuses for playing etc, I am actually up quite considerably.

      I have just moved up to NL25. Keep grinding & you will soon be there too.

      The hands/bad beats you mentioned are standard, in just one night of grinding NL10, I had AA on 4 separate occasions and lost every single time :( but it's just variance, on another night, you might win $20 just from those 4x AA.

      Perserve, every great adventure starts with a single step.

      Get knocked down 7 times, stand up 8.


      Bart.
    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 89
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      Imo stars is one of the best places to start playing sss. You can have 20k+ hand breakeven stretches at any limit but on nl10 it is simply unlikely.

      If you havent already done so I suggest you post any hands that you arnt sure you played correctly to see how to play them and to visit some of the sss coahings throughout the week, maybe you could post your stats throught these 20k hands sometimes leaks can be spotted in these...

      I hope some of that helped.
      I'm allready posting hands and learning and being more disciplined. At the start i was often limping with low pocket pairs to watch if i get maybe an set... Nowadays i didn't do that.

      My Stats are for the whole 20k hands:

      VPIP 9,4%
      PFR 6,2 %
      AF 2%
      WTS 38%

      My stats for the last ~800 hands:

      VPIP 7,2%
      PFR 7,0%
      AF 10,3%
      WTS 34 %
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by PaperWings
      My Stats are for the whole 20k hands:

      VPIP 9,4%
      PFR 6,2 %
      AF 2%
      WTS 38%
      1) Limp Less
      2) Be more aggressive post-flop (If you have to c-bet that consists of 40% of your stack while you are out of position postflop, go all-in instead.
      In position, it is 50% of your stack)

      It is normal that you play break-even when you start playing SSS, as a beginner you tend to make mistakes. That's perfectly fine and normal. Now it is up to you to learn from them and improve your game.

      Then and only then, you will see the results :)
      - Gerv
    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 89
      Originally posted by Gerv

      2) Be more aggressive post-flop (If you have to c-bet that consists of 40% of your stack while you are out of position postflop, go all-in instead.
      In position, it is 50% of your stack)

      - Gerv
      Ah, very important thing... *write it down*

      I always thought Contibet -> betting 60% of the potsize and if it is more than 45-50% of my stack i go all in post flop

      So i always have to watch at my STACK and not at the POTSIZE, when i contibet, right ?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      I always thought Contibet -> betting 60% of the potsize and if it is more than 45-50% of my stack i go all in post flop
      This is true

      And as an addition you have to look at the % percentage you are betting as a c-bet in relationship with your stack postflop.

      So if your stack is 16big blinds Post-flop and you have to bet 7bb as a c-bet when you are out of position. you have to bet (7/16)x100 = 43.75% of your stack so you go all-in out of position.

      When you have position, you ofcourse just bet 7bb ;)

      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 89
      Okay, thanks!