PLO HUD stats

• SeacombeSwag
      SeacombeSwag
      Bronze
      Hi guys, me again :)

Was wondering if anyone had a rough reference for what type of players will have what HUD stats in 6max PLO? Or link me to somewhere that has one? I had a look and can't seem to find much.

Also, if anyone wants to contribute in terms of what I need to be looking at that would be great :) On mine so far I have VPIP, PFR, PF3Bet, AF, CBet flop, fold to flop CBet, button steal, fold to button steal. I feel like all of these are genuinely useful and aren't clutter, as I seem to see a lot of people have in their HUDs (saw a vid of a guy playing PLO2 with 6 rows on his HUD, like, come on, less is more, right?). Is there anything I shouldn't have, or anything I should add to this? Thanks again guys :)

EDIT: I also have notes and number of hands on the HUD. Seemed pointless to say but may aswell make it clear :)
  • 2 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I have 6 rows and I have used it in PLO2 :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

My advice has always been that start with a really simple HUD. Like standard VPIP/PFR/3BET and maybe cbet and fold to cbet. Learn to use that information and get used to your HUD. When you find yourself wondering "it would be nice to know X about opponent" a lot of times, then add that X.

example:
      You play and opponent donk bets. You think it would be nice to know how often he does that, maybe you check it from the pop-up or just forget it. When you find yourself in that spot a lot of times, there is a clear need for that information. Add that to your HUD and get used to it.

In the same way, if you have a stat that you didn't use at all in your last sessions, you might think about removing it.

The biggest mistake that players do is that they copy someone else's monster HUD and think they can consume, process and use all the information there is. In reality they are using only some of the stats and others are there to distract you. I have seen a video where the video maker struggled to explain his HUD as he didn't remember some of the stats. I just wondered "how can he use that number as he doesn't know what it means?". Answer: He can't.

In my mind the HUD is a constant process. When you evolve as a player, your needs and capabilities for a HUD evolves and changes. The main focus should be that it is compact and useful. Have the information you can use, and nothing useless. Of course my way of building a HUD is a longer project than just importing someone's HUD, but I think the results are better.
    • SeacombeSwag
      SeacombeSwag
      Bronze
      Okay, I really like that logic, I'll do the same, thank you again