Grinding the diamond - SmartSpinning

• Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

I wanna greet all of you guys from English community.

I am Dawid and I am from Poland. 25 years old.

As you probably noticed I am spin&go grinder and SmartSpin member. I have my blog on Polish community and today decided to write my blog in English. Always think that being in comfort zone too long isn't good to personal development. So I am going out!!!

Probably my English isn't well enough but hopefully in 1-2 years I will be rly good at this stuff. So if you will notice some mistakes please write me immediately. All advice are value as gold!

So, half year ago I was just small guy from small town west Poland living Warsaw. And decided to push my life into new track. I was very talented at school but did not have any work habits and do not work hard as i should. And my studies have lasted 6 years till today. Just did my bachelor of engineering and that's it. Recently I study my master and playing poker - spin&go.

I really want to success in my life. First step will be poker. In 2 years want to be 100$+ spin and go grinder and part of top 25 best grinders 100$+ stakes. I know it will be extremely hard but my plan will be complex and will try to work hard as I was created for. All people have talents but skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of our craft - said one very wisdom guy.

Probably I will not share my gameplans and charts and other stuff connect to game. But I will write my Favourite poker subject - Mindset. Inspired by Lechrumski will try do best in this. In 2-3 next posts will be my plans for poker, my own place where will be all my goals for next year and month and progress of them, and my own habits after get up, going sleep and start grinding. So stay tuned and I rly hope we will have lot of good results each other!!!

Hope you enjoy.

SamurajNinja
  • 15 replies
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      My main long-term direction and goal

Direction: Being better player everyday, getting skill to play spin&go on highest level.

Goal(3-5 years from now): Being semireg or reg on high stakes spin&go games (100$+) and grinding 10000BI EV

Ii will cost lot of work, but I know I can do it and I will!

I am planning my goals and directions like Polish mindset coach did teach me. So there will be some necessary steps.

First is visualizing yourself when u reaching goal and for me it is while i will be playing 100$ spin&go and probably I could see myself on top 50 regs on spinlyzer.

List of things which I need realize to achieve the goal:
      -get through 15$ stakes
      -get through 30$, 60$ and reach 100$ stakes. Promotion is clear in SS and i need just to do best from myself and probably I can be promote and play as high stakes as I could.
      -and then need to be top 50 regs on 100$ stakes.

List of knowledge i need to get to reach the goal:
      -learn preflop charts by heart and understand them
      -need to get lot of postflop concepts and try to use easily
      -need to learn how to use flopzilla and ICMizer and use it every analyze I will do
      - watch all coachings and movies to learn a lot of new things
      -write down all this new stuff and try to use in every day playing
      -fix and train my mindset - spins and HU are games where we need to get rly good mindsets.

List of skills i need to get to reach the goal:
      -skill to play long sessions - getting break in proper time, and playing at least 4 tables in same time
      -strong motivation to play as high stakes as i want to
      -not to be results oriented
      -good month, week, day planning and having very good work ethic. I have one but its not ideal
      -preflop and postflop gameplan playing regs

List of people I need to reach the goal:
      -all SS coaches
      -my mate who I analyze hands and games

List of obstructions:
      time- its limited and I rly need to have good plans and not waste time. I could resign from sleep (my plan is sleep 6h per day) which is practicable . As well I need to adjust my working efficient
      -knowledge, skill, money(BM) - all these things are provided by SS
      -belief - I need to know I am able to achieve all things I want to.

Schema of working:
      -where I will realize it - of course at my flat in Warsaw, I Have my favorite cafe and probably some thing will be done there.
      -how - if u do sth do it properly. My work will be as good as I could
      -when - probably 6 days a week, To be balanced one day free
      -what precisely - making preflop and postflop gameplans, and mindset setups probably will be fundamental
      -why (emotional reason) - I want to show myself I am capable to do things, not only dreaming
      -why - because my dreams are very developed, and main is to travel the world. And that's the reason.
      -first step - get my ass together and work on my game and play as many games as I can
      -what I need to do to not success - just "nothing" - completely nothing, but i strongly believe it wont happen
      - last step - just grinding last session and getting last EVBI
      - particular steps - my plans months will be available one post down, and weeklya nd daily plans I will do for myself. Its just too much work with writing it on blog. Just on paper.

OFFICIALLY FROM ALL PS.COM COMMUNITY I DECIDE I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY DREAMS AND PLANS AND I WILL REACH MY GOAL AND BE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS

WML
      SamurajNinja
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      January

• Maintain PlatiniumStar (7500vpp) 1607vpp
      • 55h learning - 13h
      • 10 learning movies - 4
      • 3 live coachingi - 0
      • 4 meetings with Chandok and analyze - 2
      • 40 hands to judge by caoch 10
      • 85h playing - 28h

• Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      Hej guys,

my new post will be about my results in EV. As student of physics where I learnt lot of math, I'm fan of looking and caring about my EV results. And probably on this blog I will never post real results because they don't matter. I play to have money but money is not factor which motivate me most on poker. I rly like competition.

Before my SmartSpin journey did not play poker higher than NL5-10. And I had never had experience on Hyper-turbo and HU games. And I really liked learning new things and try it during playing.

Ok no other bullshitting. RESULTS after aplication to SS

7$

It might look like very good graph, but believe me its normal on 7$ spins, there is lot of rly bad players and lot of recs and all of you could have same results. Problems starts from 15$ and higher.

15$

30$

and u see what did happen on 30$ spins . They raped me so badly and I needed back to 15$ for a while :) But I will back stronger and crush 30s!!!

If You have any question - ask me anything!

SamurajNinja
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Nice blog, with good goals and a good start by the looks of the graph. I am used to looking at Spin results in terms of % of first place taken, but its clear these charts are going in the right direction. I guess there is no hurry to move to $30s, you can make money at lower stakes and play some $30s at good times and hopefully hit a high multiplier!

Have you tried the Twisters on ipoker at all? If so, how do you think they compare?
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      @RedHeater
      I had started from Twister on iPoker. And playing only 1euro stakes, and had better results than on spins(stars). Overall probably twisters are easier but rake is higher and ante complicate math a little bit. Just a little

To be honest with u When things on 15$spins will be right I am moving as fast I would to 30$. Really want to make some challenges for myself. :f_ugly:
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Hi
      following, good luck.
      How many tables do you play at a time? How many games per week or month do you aim to play?
      Any big multipliers yet?
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schrader69
      Hi
      following, good luck.
      How many tables do you play at a time? How many games per week or month do you aim to play?
      Any big multipliers yet?

I play mostly 2, sometimes when feeling good adding one and 3-tabling. But it is not too often.
      Mostly for 3 months I have been in SS i have played 5200 games. Average aim is 1500 games. But in January I have already know I will play only 600 games couse of exams at uni.
      Just 25x on 15s was the biggest.
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      Hejo guys!!!

The January is over. And here below are graphs from my fights in spin&go games

7$

15$

rly had hard time on 15s, and its pissed me so much. But also its motivation to work harder and harder every day. We will se what will happen in February. I will take it more serious . Hope so and my goals will be done not like this month. About my January goals later. Hope u guys crushing and I wish u good luck all the time!

See yaa
      Samuraj Ninja
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

there was lot of time I was missing. It is all because boring stuff at my Uni. Which is almost over and I wont have too much work to do.

And I want to do announcement :

FOR 2,5 MONTH I AM WORKING AS POKER PRO!!!

I really feel great and excited. We will see what happened. Probably in march I will be playing over 3k games and working on daily basis and analyzing games. Have a lot of spots where I need improve mainly in HU in spins, 3-way is rather solid and have sold results.

That is why I have never played HU before and do not know what to do in particular actions. Probing is my mainly leak. But hope in 2 months from now i will crush at least 30s.

So stay tuned for march goals and will type here to get motivated and we will see

GL
      SamurajNinja
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze
      :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg:

Hello,

in this month I am doing challenge. I bet with one of the best SmartSpin player and coach as well to play 3500 games in march. If I will miss some games I will pay him 0,5 $ for each missing game and same story vice versa. So would be fun and to be honest I am rly exciting to do that. My volume is rather bad, so this month will be new story of my life!!! Go smartspin.pl and see the topic.

Quick picture of my February which was pretty bad 15$:

Need to be pretty disciplined and focus to this main goal. And most important I cannot neglect my theory practice and games reviews. It looks like i will spend more than 200h this month. Stay tuned to have updates!!!

Samuraj

:sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg: :sfishy: :sfishg:
    • Ashikaga
      Ashikaga
      Bronze

1st day

Today was a day when I decided to plan my goals and how to approach for this. In this month during my competition I will challenge myself to not look graph and cashier at leas 3 days at the end. So first week i decided to not look all day when all sessions are running, until last spin is over. We will see what happens.

I play mostly during days so probably reg/rec ratio will be a little bit higher than playing evenings, but to be honest I am glad and I will have better predisposition playing 30s. Just need to have at leas 35 CEV , and for myself 45-50 probably will be satisfied my ego.

First graph from today. I am happy of redline and I am still improving.

Tomorrow is a day. I start grinding 9 a.m. till 12 a.m. - training ( pool) and back grinding about 2 p.m. Planned 7-8 hours of pure grinding. And need to find some time to come through my today's games.

Stay tuned for next updates

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Following and wishing you luck!
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      Good luck, crazy task ahead of you, to me this challenge looks like you were running 10km distances in previous months but now you are trying to do a marathon. Will follow your progress, see you at tables. :f_thumbsup:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Another reg on 15s Spins? Is that your actual Stars name? Think we played already. GL with your challenge!