This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 check/allin a set on turn

• ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($94.10)
      MP3 ($106.40)
      CO ($54.40)
      Button ($104.70)
      SB ($50.25)
      Hero (BB) ($10.75)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($62.70)
      MP1 ($57.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 9
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 5 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 2, Q, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

Turn: ($1.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $10.25 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $4.25 | Rake: $0.20

I prolly should have reraised just 3x the original raise, got too excited and pushed
  • 7 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yeah , that overbet is too much and will get him scared of hands he could pay you off with.
    • ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      Problem is with a 3 bet(that is what it is called when make 3x reraise?)
      I still give correct implied odds for a flushdraw(assuming hits flush and I bust).
      ofc there is a chance I get fullhouse and gets flush.

imo someone calling a 3 bet will call a allin bet?

I prolly should have calmed down and relaxed I made the allin bet immediately after he raised.

if third heart hits and goes allin gets the correct implied odds to call 3 bet on river, ofcourse there is chance to get fullhouse still.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ninjagaiden05
      Problem is with a 3 bet(that is what it is called when make 3x reraise?)
      3bet is something different, example you have AA and a raise in front of you you 3bet all in. that reraise is a 3bet.

I still give correct implied odds for a flushdraw(assuming hits flush and I bust).
      ofc there is a chance I get fullhouse and gets flush.
      let's say you raise to $4.5 he has 8 outs (actually 7 because you hold one heart ) to a flush , something like 16% chance to hit it so he has to call $3 dollars to win something like $12, he doesn't get correct implied odds and if he calls your raise with a flush draw is a mistake

imo someone calling a 3 bet will call a allin bet?
      maybe but I doubt he is calling a check-push with anything less than a queen here.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      3-bet means reraise in no-limit texas hold'em.

Reraising him to 3x his raise on the turn seems right, it would be good balance between value and protection, he would have 2,5:1 odds to call but for a FD he needs 4:1, so it would be a bad call if he only had FD. On the other hand, 3x reraise is much more likely to get called.

But after he checked flop I would go for a bet on the turn, because you cannot really rely on him to bet and you wouldn't want to give him a free card. So, I'd just bet potsize on the turn first.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't think the question is how much you should reraise, but whether playing Check/raise is the best idea. I just bet Pot Directly on turn.
    • ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      thats interesting DaPhunk, Ive just started SSS from playing SnG for a long time.

so far my feeling in SSS is that big stacks try to steal blinds/pots from small stacks.

I think someone that has something on flop would bet it.

I don't think shortstack gets ever any action when the second 5 hits unless bigstack has 5 in hand.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Well, I try and steal Limped Pots too. I assume BigStacks know this and so are more likely to donate more than the $1.50 they would give me if i made a strong lookin Check/Raise.

interesting scenario what move is best here.