[NL2-NL10] NL50 check/allin a set on turn

• ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($94.10)
      MP3 ($106.40)
      CO ($54.40)
      Button ($104.70)
      SB ($50.25)
      Hero (BB) ($10.75)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($62.70)
      MP1 ($57.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 9
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 5 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 2, Q, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

Turn: ($1.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $10.25 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $4.25 | Rake: $0.20

I prolly should have reraised just 3x the original raise, got too excited and pushed
  • 7 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yeah , that overbet is too much and will get him scared of hands he could pay you off with.
    • ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      Problem is with a 3 bet(that is what it is called when make 3x reraise?)
      I still give correct implied odds for a flushdraw(assuming hits flush and I bust).
      ofc there is a chance I get fullhouse and gets flush.

imo someone calling a 3 bet will call a allin bet?

I prolly should have calmed down and relaxed I made the allin bet immediately after he raised.

if third heart hits and goes allin gets the correct implied odds to call 3 bet on river, ofcourse there is chance to get fullhouse still.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ninjagaiden05
      Problem is with a 3 bet(that is what it is called when make 3x reraise?)
      3bet is something different, example you have AA and a raise in front of you you 3bet all in. that reraise is a 3bet.

I still give correct implied odds for a flushdraw(assuming hits flush and I bust).
      ofc there is a chance I get fullhouse and gets flush.
      let's say you raise to $4.5 he has 8 outs (actually 7 because you hold one heart ) to a flush , something like 16% chance to hit it so he has to call $3 dollars to win something like $12, he doesn't get correct implied odds and if he calls your raise with a flush draw is a mistake

imo someone calling a 3 bet will call a allin bet?
      maybe but I doubt he is calling a check-push with anything less than a queen here.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      3-bet means reraise in no-limit texas hold'em.

Reraising him to 3x his raise on the turn seems right, it would be good balance between value and protection, he would have 2,5:1 odds to call but for a FD he needs 4:1, so it would be a bad call if he only had FD. On the other hand, 3x reraise is much more likely to get called.

But after he checked flop I would go for a bet on the turn, because you cannot really rely on him to bet and you wouldn't want to give him a free card. So, I'd just bet potsize on the turn first.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't think the question is how much you should reraise, but whether playing Check/raise is the best idea. I just bet Pot Directly on turn.
    • ninjagaiden05
      ninjagaiden05
      Bronze
      thats interesting DaPhunk, Ive just started SSS from playing SnG for a long time.

so far my feeling in SSS is that big stacks try to steal blinds/pots from small stacks.

I think someone that has something on flop would bet it.

I don't think shortstack gets ever any action when the second 5 hits unless bigstack has 5 in hand.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Well, I try and steal Limped Pots too. I assume BigStacks know this and so are more likely to donate more than the $1.50 they would give me if i made a strong lookin Check/Raise.

interesting scenario what move is best here.