My NL50 Adventures SH & HU

• Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome to my blog!

I've been thinking about making a blog for a while now, and today I finally decided to start it. The aims of my blog are to keep me on track, record my sessions, post wins/losses and to give you guys a good read.

Here's a little about me, I'm 20 years old and live in England. I enjoy playing Rugby and football, I'm currenctly at university and poker is a hobby at the moment, I started playing just before I found poker strategy, then I started with sng's, here's my graph off sharkscope:

I found sng's were quite good fun, but very swingy, I could see there was profit to be made but some of the plays/beats were making me tilt really badly, so I decided to play some BSS and SSS.

So here is how my poker career has gone so far:

As you can see from the graph, NL BSS SH has been my most successfull adventure so i'm going to try and concentrate on that, I also find it the most enjoyable to play which is obviously a bonus.

Here are my sh winnings so far:

I can see from the stats that i'm pretty tight for sh play however I don't feel entirely comfortable playing any looser than that and it has worked so far, i'm sure as I become more confident and a better player I will become looser.

Thats all the pretty graphs for now :D lol (sorry if it took an hour to load up this page :P )

My task list:

:club: Beat NL10 comfortably
      :club: Watch all the Bronze videos
      :club: Watch all the Silver videos
      :club: Move up to NL25 sh when I have a BR of over $500
      :club: Move up to NL50 sh when I have a BR of over $1250

I hope you enjoy reading my blog if you have any ideas on how to improve it let me know.

Good luck at the tables!
  • 86 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Nice, good luck and have a nice christmas!
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Very nice!
      Good luck and merry xmas;)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      A nice looking blog and the very best of luck to you.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Nice blog.
      Your stats are indeed kinda tight, but for NL10 its not a bad style
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Gl on your quest :)
      Merry christmas!!!
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Today was not such a good day, everything was going so well and today it all went down the drain.

I felt I played reasonably well, I posted some hands in the sample hand forum.
      I lost 3 stacks today against this total donk, his stats were 90/80 for about 150 hands, the first one he won with 93 and hit his 2 pair on the river when I had AQ with a paired Q on the flop. This person was just going in with any kind of hand and winning, it was so sick! The thing that made it worse was that he was about $40 up for the session with my money!!! I just couldn't seem to beat him.

The next two hands he beat me on when we were AI were when he hit a set when I had TPTK, it got me really angry and made me tilt so I stopped playing had some dinner and don't want to play now so I'm going to watch some of Season 4 High stakes poker.

Anyways here is todays graph, not pretty but its just one of those days, gunna enjoy tommorrow and I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

• Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Merry Christmas to everyone, today was awesome, had a great day with the family, had the best xmas lunch ever! Got lots of nice pressies including some speakers for my pc.
      I played a bit in the afternoon when the grandparents had gone home and it wasn't great so I stopped and chilled out.

Then in the evening when everyone had gone 2 bed I played a bit and what a result!!
      I was feeling a bit down after yesterday and earlier so re-read some more strategy articles and watched TribunCaesars NL25 SH part II vid (I couldn't find part I), this sorted me out and I played some good poker imo.

Anyways, here is the graph for today:

Good luck at the tables
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Haven't updated for a while, so here are my most recent adventures.

Its been so frustrating because I know I can beat this limit however I keep making stupid AI calls which is where i'm loosing my money, I also feel like iv'e been quite unlucky with some of the AI results.

I'm sure I will get to NL25 however its annoying how long its taking me to get there.

So here is how the past 4 days have gone (I didn't play on the 27th)

edit: After the disasterous day of boxing day i've decided to make a new rule for myself which is I must stop playing if I have lost more than 2 and a half buyins
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Its been far too long!!!

OK so here's the story, i've been back at university now for two weeks and haven't had a whole lot of time to play poker, mainly because of far too much coursework and more than my fair share of partying. It's been fun and now things are starting to settle down, so I have a little more time for poker.

I've had a few sessions of poker since ive been back and here they are:

As you can see its been a bit of a boring month, breakeven at the end though so atleast i'm not loosing and i'm beating the rake, I would really love to move up to NL25 however won't do untill I feel i'm ready and have the correct bankroll to do so. I think one of the main reasons for not doing so well this month is because of all the distractions in my house and it makes hard to concentrate.

I've also been playing some double or nothing sng's which i've found to be really soft, ive played 3 sets of 6 and won 5 out of 6 in the 1st two sets but in the last set today I had a bit of a nightmare and lost all but one which is the little bit at the end of the graph. I think they are a good way to boost my br so will continue playing the $5 ones, heres my sng graph, that bit at the end is when I started playing the double or nothing's

I had an email from fulltilt saying that I can rejoin their site so I can get rakeback, which is awesome, its quite wierd because the email they sent me say's I go to this rakeback site and I have to sign up through them, however i'm not sure if I get a sign up bonus, if I do thats awesome, if not no problem as atleast I can get rakeback now.
      It's deffinately a genuine email from fulltilt but does it mean I can sign up though any site (e.g pokerstrategy.com) or does it have to be the rakeback site they specifiy? As im not tracked by anyone on fulltilt I would love to get tracked by ps.com so I can get points however i'm a bit worried they might close my account if I do, I think I might send them an email.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      just a quick update, cash tables have been pretty rubbish the last few days so i've been playing more sng's and double or nothing sng's which are going better for me.

Just won a satellite to the $1 million turbo takedown on stars which i'm pretty excited about, hopefully I can cash in that, i'mm gunna play pretty tight as any cash will give me a nice boost to my bankroll.

Will update later as to how I got on.

p.s if there is anything that you think will improve my blog please say so and i'll be happy to do so. I'm going to start posting some of my favourite hands aswell to make it more interesting.

Gl at the tables
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      So the turbo takedown didn't go to plan, I was card dead for the majority of the tourney, got shoved on early and I had AKs but decided to pass and wait for a better spot, then I got low on chips and pushed A2o into the blind who happened to have AJ. Here is the hand:

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Dexter GT (9365)
      UTG+1 Zbigniew (5565)
      MP1 fpdogg (6118)
      MP2 shaolingabe (6265)
      MP3 diamondn'gun (8782)
      CO DOODOO2 (2840)
      BTN sidusting (5710)
      SB Hero (1690)
      BB McSup (3985)

Blinds: 150/300 Ante 25

Pre-flop: (675, 9 players) Hero is SB A:club: 2:spade:
      7 folds, Hero goes all-in 1,665, McSup calls 1,365

Flop: 8:club: K:heart: 5:heart: (3,555, 2 players)

Turn: 3:spade: (3,555, 2 players)

River: K:club: (3,555, 2 players)

Final Pot: 3,555
      Hero shows: A:club: 2:spade:
      McSup shows: J:diamond: A:diamond:

McSup wins 3,555 ( won +1,890 )
      Hero lost -1,665

It was a shame as even the lowest prize of $90 would habe been very nice, oh well, I think I shall try and qualify for next months one as it seems like a really good tourney.

The last couple of days I have tried HU sng's $6, they have gone ok, slighty under break even, I think they are easily beatable but I want to concentrate on 6-max. I can't wait till i can play NL50 as thats when the hu tables start on stars.

Play just over 1000 hands tonight and im up 2 and a half stacks which is good, here is tonights efforts:

BR: $206.85
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Haven't updated for a while so here goes.

I was getting slightly pissed off with stars so decided to withdraw my roll and put it on the new site pokerstrategy.com has become affiliated with; Bwin. I had just over $200 on stars so I deposited $250. Also i'm not tracked to ps.com at stars so that was another incentive to move. It's also double ps.com points this week so i'm gunna try and put a fair bit of play in.

I saw they have HU at the low limits so though I would try that, it went well to start with then I lost two stacks so gave up on that and stuck to what I know; SH (something I found quite interesting about bwin is that their shorthanded tables are 5 max and not 6 which most other sites are, any ideas how I should adjust to this? Maybe a bit looser?)

First impressions are that the players are pretty aweful, very loose and passive. There are plenty of tables to choose from whih is also good, and they also have a nice bonus which I am hoping to clear however I'm going to have to put in a serious number of hands and move up the limits. It's $500 after clearing 4000 of their poker points, I figure i'm going to have to move up to NL20 asap, I've got 3 months to do it so no rush just yet.

First impressions of Bwin have been pretty good, hopefully it stays that way.

Here's my first 1k hands of SH at Bwin

BR: $257.54

Gl at the tables
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      update for the past week

Haven't had that much time to play poker with university and everything being a bit hectic. When I have had chance to play it has been interesting, I found that the play at Bwin is very different to that of pokerstars, they players are soo much looser and probably a bit more agressive. All of the tables I have been playing on have had an average pot of over atleast $4+ whereas at stars you would be lucky to find one over $5.

I haven't had that much time to play many tables which is annoying but nevermind atleast im +$. The last session I played was a bit annoying as I was playing against a really agressive donk and I kept getting hands like AK and AQ but not hitting so therefore couldn't call his allin, I also swear I didn't get AA,KK,QQ or JJ in the whole session :(

Here is a graph of the last week (the graph says im -$ for the week but I think I missed off the first session I played):

BR: $264.92

Gl at the tables
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Hellow people of poker strategy, sorry for no updates, i've been really busy at university and haven't had that much time to play any poker. I've also become lazy and haven't updated this blog.

So hows things in the poker world been going for me? In a word, GOOD. When I have had chance to play I feel I've played really well, i've been trying to adapt to my oponents more and use position as much I can and it seems to be working, if I can keep this up I want to move up to NL20 (20 not 25 on bwin ?( ), my bankroll is now $396.30 which i'm very happy about. I've been playing a mix of sh and fr, basically going to the other variation when its not going well.

I've also been playing on my laptop and therefore not been using stats (hem isnt installed on there) and i've found it alot easier, I don't know why surely it should be the opposite, maybe i've been concentrating on stats too much, when tbh the players on NL10 are so random they aren't actually that useful.

Thats all for now kids, will update soon with a graph and a bit more detail sometime this week when I have sorted holdem manger out. I finish term at the end of this week so I will therefore be able to play loads more poker, as soon as my br is around $500 im gunna move up to NL20 and hopefully get enough bwin points to clear their bonus, ive only got just over a month left so I don't know if its doable with only 6% cleared :( , i'll give it my best shot. I should be paying a fair bit more rake when i'm playing more so hopefully I should rack up the points more quickly, we shall see.

Gl at the tables

BR = $396.30
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      What a week this has been since my last update, i've actually managed to put in some serious hours for poker, especially today and yesterday and its gone great. I'm now well over $500 so i've moved up to NL20.

Today I started off with 2 NL10 tables and 2 NL20 tables then as I got more and more confident I increased it to 4, which i'm fairly happy with.

The standard on NL20 doesn't seem to be much different, infact I think the play varies more, for example on one table you can have everyone on the table limping every hand and on others (like late this evening) there are people raising and raising. I think I managed to adapt well to their play and got the money in at good spots.

Still playing on my laptop but when I go home I will be playing on my PC so will get some graphs up, I'm slightly worried that not all the hands will be imported as HEM and ongame HH's don't seem to work well together and they miss so out, but we'll see.

I have actually made way more money playing without stats so i am going to keep it like that untill things start to go downhill.

Here is my hand of the day and the biggest pot i've won through poker so far (I think) My heart was in my mouth when I saw the jack, but the river made up for it :heart:

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      5 players

Stacks:
      UTG MakarChedra ($22.14)
      CO raolo ($43.51)
      BTN impot2007 ($24.67)
      SB metinbluff ($26.26)
      BB Alexd116 ($29.98)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players)
      1 fold, raolo calls $0.20, impot2007 bets $0.90, 1 fold, Alexd116 bets $3, raolo folds, impot2007 calls $2.30.

Flop: 4:heart: A:heart: 6:heart: ($6.70, 2 players)
      Alexd116 bets $6, impot2007 goes all-in $21.47, Alexd116 calls $15.47.

Turn: J:spade: ($49.64, 2 players)

River: K:diamond: ($49.64, 2 players)

Final Pot: $49.64
      impot2007 shows: A:club: J:diamond:
      Alexd116 shows: K:spade: A:spade:

Alexd116 wins $48.14 ( won +$23.47 )
      raolo lost -$0.20
      impot2007 lost -$24.67

BR: $572.35
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Wow poker is swingy, played a fair few hands since i've been back home. Its been extremely swingy, at one stage my BR was just over $600 however in one session I managed to loose about 4 buyins. It just felt like I couldn't get any hands and every cbet I made was re-raised. I guess I kind of went on tilt, I didn't actually feel that bad, I wasn't loosing that many whole stacks at a time it was more like $5 here and there and it all adds up. Oh well I guess thats shorthand poker for you.

I'm gunna stick with NL20 for the moment, if my br goes below $450 I will go back to NL10, however i'm going to try my best not to do that. Gunna have some lunch now and play a big session this afternoon.

BR: $492.82
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Today has been great, played 1500 hands in total and am $160 up.

Started off the day playing NL20, lost a buyin and went under my limit at $450, so went back to NL10 and I felt I played really well, a few really nice AI's. On one table I managed to get my $10 buyin upto $91 which was awesome.

So I decided to move back up to NL20 as I was just over $500 again and since then it's gone great. Also made a fair few poker points which is great as i'm now at 20% for my $500 bonus. I've worked out that I need to make around 93 Bwin poker points a day to reach my bonus, today I did 111 so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Here are the graphs for the past few days:

Just thought I would include this hand as this was the one that took me over $90 on one NL10 table. Probably didn't play it right but I lol'd.

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      5 players

Stacks:
      UTG IntoThePanic ($21.56)
      CO mafluze ($32.86)
      BTN tutmirlight1 ($19.09)
      SB Alexd116 ($87.89)
      BB LupinRay ($19.30)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players)
      1 fold, mafluze bets $0.40, tutmirlight1 calls $0.40, Alexd116 calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: J:spade: 2:heart: 5:diamond: ($1.40, 3 players)
      Alexd116 checks, mafluze checks, tutmirlight1 checks

Turn: 7:diamond: ($1.40, 3 players)
      Alexd116 bets $1, mafluze bets $2, tutmirlight1 folds, Alexd116 calls $1

River: 2:diamond: ($5.40, 2 players)
      Alexd116 checks, mafluze bets $5, Alexd116 calls $5

Final Pot: $15.40
      mafluze shows: K:club: K:heart:
      Alexd116 shows: T:diamond: J:diamond:

Alexd116 wins $14.63 ( won +$7.23 )
      mafluze lost -$7.40
      tutmirlight1 lost -$0.40

BR: $606.33
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Wow nice heater the last days! How are the tables on Bwin. For Fr on NL20 is there alot of shortstacks??
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      Wow nice heater the last days! How are the tables on Bwin. For Fr on NL20 is there alot of shortstacks??
      The tables i've found can be very hit and miss, some tables its like taking candy from a baby, other tables its like shagging a nun. I guess table selection is the key.

I play SH but I had a quick look at the FR tables for you, there seems to be quite a range, there did look to be a fair few tables with good size stacks on though, during peak hours i'm sure you will be fine, with over 40,000 at busy times.

Will update the blog later with todays play.

Gl at the tables