What to do?

• Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      My bankroll is down to $20 (i think i have been unlucky with SSS) and now i dont know what to do. Im on poker stars so i could move down to NL2 and buyin a dollar and dos SSS. Or i could play some NL2 SH games and hope that i can build my bankroll from there by playing tight. Or should i just continue on NL10 with 10 buyins left and hope that i get some good luck.
  • 7 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Betawatchout,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Since I see you posted an Elephant graph elsewhere I would be interested in your stats (VPIP / PFR / WTS / etc) - since it could well be that you have some leaks in your game.

On NL2 SH you would have to be playing BSS since SSS is impossible - but it is an option if you are an experienced BSS player since its is ultra-soft there.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      hey soy thanks for the quick reply. I have got the trial of elephant!
      I think my stats may be a little to tight and when i review a few hands earlier i think i may just be losing to many Blinds.
      Anyway over 4580 hands
      VP$IP: 4.2%
      PFR: 4%
      WTS (went to show down is it?) 33%. If it is then it is low becuase most my conti bets are folded to.
      W$@SD: 55%
      AF: 8.8

That should be all u need.
      Thanks
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      stats look a little bit too tight
      typical SSS is 7/7 or 6/6

u can also switch to fixed limit and play 0.02/0.04$ :)
      or play SnG's
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      Are u FL coach by any chance :D . The only reason i started playing SSS is that i wanted to clear the FPPs (stars). Looking at the fact i need pots to get to $8 to earn them it will be hard to clear them playing FL. My plan was to build my bankroll playing SSS and then once i cleared the bonus, start focusing on SH play.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Betawatchout,

Yes these stats are very tight. The normal 'tight' SSS players have somewhere between 6-7 VPIP/PFR which seems to be the norm. At higher levels the values go even higher (but 6/7 is fine for NL10)

Considering this you are probably losing a lot of the money to the blinds and probably losing value along the line as well. To get a bit more comfortable with the strategy I would suggest watching some SSS videos and visiting a coaching or two.

Another alternative would of course be to switch to SNGs or FL (which are both perfectly fine for clearing the FPPs and for building the bankroll are more suited to your current bankroll). It is of course up to you - but considering the swingyness of SSS playing with 10 buy-ins is quite risky.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      ok thanks very much for the support.
      I would play FL but i cant clear FPPs like that. On .02/.04 the pot will never reach $8.
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      right, i suppose that the best thing to do is protect my bankroll. I made 200FFPs in 3 days of 9 Tabling so with 85 days left to go. I will play FL and try and build my bankroll back to $40. When i get there i will start 9 tabling SSS again and earing those FPPs. Thanks for the support guys, it was a lot of help.
      Im off to learn FL!