Small steps ==> Big changes

• zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      Why i chose such unsexy title for my blog? Fact is i tried other way, setting big goals for every aspect of my life and every fucking time i failed . As millions of people with new year i set great things i'll achieve this year, one of the goals i wrote was to read "awaken the giant within". One chapter i found there was priceless, actually it was probably one sentence. Author compared decision making (goal setting ) with muscles. When you are physically weak and try to lift heavy shit what happens? You fail if you are lucky and get injured if not so lucky. And I was weakening my decision muscle for years. So all in all I will take small steps to achieve what i want but whatever goal I'll set it must be achieved.
      So only 3 goals that i want to complete in 2016:

1.Become confident and assertive.
        2. Be a winning player in hu hyper turbo (30$)
        3. Loose 10 kg (to 80 kg)

• 8 replies
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      Okey time to write some specifics. My primary direction is to become winning player in heads up sng hyper turbo in midstakes. Currently i'm grinding micros (2euro) as break even player.
      The method of small steps is to ease me a way up and to aid me in rest areas of life.

So last week I established myself only 2 poker goals that must be achieved no matter what.
      Goals for January (15-31 - 2,5 weeks)
      1. Do a session review for half an hour every single day to the end of month.
      2. Play 450 heads up matches. to the end of month

As for session review 6/17 days are successful (in two days plan exceeded). And I assumed at least 30 matches a day. I know it's very small amount but for now i'm sticking with it and every week i'll try to add few to daily goal (this week is 34).
      Rest golas are as follows:

3. Do 14 days of training to the rest of month (5/14 completed)
      4. Finnish awaken the giant within with all exercises
      5. Return to muay thai trainings and complete 4 of them (1/4 done)
      6. Loose 2,5 cm in waist

Tournaments played so far :

I'm in the upswing zone right now, we'll see how my game would look like when downswing will appear.
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      Last week summary:

Lots of people could accomplish that in 2 days but i'm sticking to one-tabling, games on ipoker are slower (people tend to make decision longer and sometimes you have to wait for a while for game) and lastly I'm playing slow because I try to justify all my decisions. In a week i think i'll switch to pokerstars (smaller rake!!!) so my volume will go up.
      Below is progress of my golas that i posted before. I see that i won't complete reading "awaken...". Is very long and i want to obtain everything valuable from it not just read it and forget but rest is going pretty well.
      I was advised to add one exercise to my daily routine. Basically you have to sit in quiet place and concentrate on small object (like a tennis ball) that you put in front of you. It should improve my in game concentration. Because sometimes i catch myself that my mind kind of drifted away from poker. I'll write my thouths after a week/ two of training.
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      Trainings are going exceptionally good, I'm using Invictus Crossfit site particularly the Fitness program (the easiest one) . Because i am still gym fish, i have to scale some of the training's (f.e i can do only one pull up so i use bands to aid myself). On the other hand I didn't have cigarette for almost 4 weeks so my condition went up. All in all for next month i'm going to do still same porgram and at the end i'll decide whether to move up to performance program or to stay in same level. Here is an example of fitness program which i did today:

At muay thai coach introduced sparings to each training so it's much more interesting and challenging (despite the fact we are told fight using 10% of our strength). One time i was fighting in guard with quite advanced opponent and i got owned. I was just punching bag for him, on the other hand i see huge improvements in my skills so in few months i might catch up.
      In poker i am challenging with upswing:f_cool:
      I know it sounds funny but it's a real issue for me. Varius thoughts are appearing in my mind during play like: when downswing begins? how bad will be when downswing hits? would i be a winning player on this site if i don't run such good? I need to find a way to get rid of such thinking
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      It's time to sum up last month ( to be exaxt 2,5weeks of january)
      2 poker goals that i set for myself were:
      1. Do a session review for half an hour every single day to the end of month. Done - 9h
      2. Play 450 heads up matches. to the end of month Done-496 heads ups
      And as for rest goal:
      3. Do 14 days of training to the rest of month (14/14 completed) Done
      4. Finnish awaken the giant within with all exercises 43% Done
      5. Return to muay thai trainings and complete 4 of them (4/4 done) Done
      6. Loose 2,5 cm in waist (2/2,5) (100cm->88cm) 80% Done

I am really proud of what I achieved despite the fact these goals weren't very ambitious. In the past i set myself bunch of goals and almost never achieved them now when I decide to do smth I need very good reason to forfeit it.
      F.e i could read "awaken..." to the end of January but I think it would be lost time. Every chapter is very valuable and I want to slowly grind through it before moving on.
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      I moved back to p* where i played ~5000 hypers ( 1,5$ roi~ +2,6%; 3,5$ roi ~ -1%). Now i have enough bankroll to play 3,5.
      Bankroll management:
      I'll move up when I have around 60 BU for next level and move down when i have 100 BU for lower .
      Poker goals for 3 weeks of February:
      1. Play 1100 hypers
      2. Session review totally for 14h
      3. Record a 30 minute video with my game
      4. watch & understand ~5h HT videos
      Fitness Goals:
      1. Do 10 invictus trainings
      2. Go to 6 muay thai traingns
      3. Loose 4cm in waist ( 98cm --> 94cm)
      Self-development goals
      1. Finnish awaken the gigant within
      2. Read The Millionaire Fastlane
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      I received this mfo challenge from my friend, I did it and lasted 1:12. I got pissed because he beat me by over a minute so i decided to work a on my push ups skills and i'll test myself in a month. Anyone care to join?
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I wanted to observe a heads up game in 100$ and instead I registered by accident. I just fuckin lost almost half of my bankroll in 30 seconds. This is probably my greatest screwup since i started playing poker

PokerStars - $98.12+$1.88|10/20 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 26 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      Hero (BB): 24 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:spade: 4:club:

SB raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB and is all-in, SB calls 22 BB

Flop: (48 BB, 2 players) 7:spade: A:spade: 2:spade:

Turn: (48 BB, 2 players) J:heart:

River: (48 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:

Hero shows 4:spade: 4:club: (One Pair, Fours)
      (Pre 54%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      SB shows 8:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Aces)
      (Pre 46%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      SB wins 48 BB
    • zbiqu23
      zbiqu23
      Bronze
      I felt pretty down about hole situation in Monday and I didn't do anything poker related. Fortunately yesterday I got my shit together and played decent sample and made session review for 50 minutes. Bad thing is that whole situation influenced my mindset during game and despite decent results i tilted easily: i wanted to destroy my opponents, i felt revengeful when i lost a match or get bullied by aggressive play.
      Good thing is that my non-showdown winnings are going up. I know that nowadays is tendency to focus to much on non-showdown winnings and positive red line supposedly boosts more your ego than bankroll. However I don't think it's valid theory for hypers because if you don't work on your nonsd winnings you'll get run over by opponents. I know from personal experience:

This is some graph from mid 2015:

And when i started to work on my non sd winnings