Noob question

• 8 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      It doesn't really matter, as long as you never get under 12 big bets.

I used 50BB, because that way I never had to worry about reloading when I was playing ;)
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      It doesn't really matter, as long as you never get under 12 big bets.

The reason behind this is because you can invest a maximum of 12 big bets per hand. If you had a monster hand and didn't have enough money to "CAP" your hand, then you wouldn't be able to invest any additional money. You would be losing out on some of your winnings (provided that you win).

I see people do this all the time. They are put all-in because they invested all their money and if they win the hand, the side-pot goes to another player (which I would be happy with winning).
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      so on stars .02/.04 this would be? The big blind for some reason is actually 2c in there .02/.04 games. So how much should i buy in for these?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I used 50BB, because that way I never had to worry about reloading when I was playing ;)
      what the hell do you play?? :evil:

Don't tell me you never lost 50 BB on one table (or better to say 38BB+)...

Originally posted by Betawatchout
      so on stars .02/.04 this would be? The big blind for some reason is actually 2c in there .02/.04 games. So how much should i buy in for these?
      50 * 0.04 = 2 ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I don't think I ever lost 38+BB on 1 6-max table indeed ^^

Whenever I lost close to that I just quit :P
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      what the hell do you play?? :evil:

Don't tell me you never lost 50 BB on one table (or better to say 38BB+)...

Originally posted by Betawatchout
      50 * 0.04 = 2 ;)
      so the big bet is 4c?
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      Read the Basic articles, I see your Bronze so that won't be a problem. That's one of the first things they teach you and it depends what game your playing. NL or FL, if you are that new I would suggest starting with FL.

25 BB for fl and the same only in big blinds for nl (sss). You need to read the aticles that deal with this to know when to re-buy and serting a stop/loss from the didacticts articles, you have total access to everthing you need as beginner and intermediate player if you have bronze.
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      When you're playing fixed limit, the stakes are written in a small bet / big bet format. So at a $0.02/$0.04 the small bet is $0.02 and the big bet is $0.04. During the pre-flop and flop, all bets are $0.02 or the small bet. The big blind is also equivalent to the small bet.

During the turn and the river, the bet is increased to $0.04 or the big bet. You should always have at least 12 big bets at all times at a single table. ($0.48) If you're using Yoghi's 50 big bet guideline you should have $2.00.

Hope this helps.