Gonna win 1,000,000,000$ this year! - life | poker |cooking [SNG, MTSNG, MTT]

• Atkin
      Hey guys!

I am obviously kidding I was just conducting an experiment on how to clickbait the best way possible! :f_drink:

About myself:

Hey fellas, I'm Karl from germany! I'm in the late twenties and I am looking forward to track my progress in this blog! I'm pokering close to ten years now (SSS, BSS, some MTT poker) and I am going to give it another effort. The previous ones got rekt by cashouts (well most of them).

This blog:

This time poker is supposed to train methodical thinking and maybe as a 3rd "job" to provide some form of luxury (birthday gifts or smth alike)

The 2nd function of this blog is going to be to track my weithloss. I'm weighin in at around 300 pounds and have to revert that trend asap. So I will talk about my journey, my problems and my experiences along the way and share them with you. Maybe I will even provide some tips for people in a similar situation!

This effort started @ the 18th Jan this year with a cashin of 50$ and an already existing BR of 60$

I started with 9m 1.5$ KO SNG's but already transitioned into playing MTsng's and MTT's on Stars / FTP / PartyPoker and am grinding the absolute microstakes (50c 90m+, MTT's up to 55c) there.

- start working through the strategy section of sng's again [x]
      - grind.
      - eat healthy food
      - reduce weight by around 100 pounds
      - send applications to companies I'd enjoy working for

What's in it for you? I will provide poker related content (hands, results etc), write down the progress I make regarding my weight and I will show off some if not all the meals I cook for my girlfriend and myself!

As you probably noticed I'm not a native so if you find any mistakes feel free to correct me :f_grin:
  • 5 replies
    • Atkin
      As for poker I will grind the 1,5$ KO SNG's on stars.
      I was thinking about doing the regular ones, but after playing some it is pretty clear to me that the KO's are weaker player pool wise - by a large margin :f_wink: .

Results for the first Session:

I am 6 tabling atm while playing in sets. I always finish the entire set before starting a new one just to have 1-3 minutes to refocus.
      I will revisit some hands and will post them in to the strategy section. I'll link them here when done.

I made some pan seared salmon and enjoyed it with spinash and some pasta.

promise I will work on that photo quality, as this one really doesn't do justice to that fantastic fish :f_love:
    • Atkin
      Hey guys!

A little update.

My poker endeavor is working out okish as I'm grinding atleast some amount of SNG's but clearly my game isn't up to speed yet.
      Last time I played SNG's there was no ante involved in the early levels so for me it is building preflop ranges from scratch and so on.

I was finishing as 4th a lot of times which I managed to fix by now (or atleast I hope so).

My biggest problems right now are:

Calling preflop allins

Already started working on calling all ins, postflop is another story tho! :f_mad:

Here is a Hand from my session today:

Poker Stars, $1.35 Buy-in (15/30 blinds, 4 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 2,012 (67.1 bb)
      BB: 1,712 (57.1 bb)
      UTG+2: 2,681 (89.4 bb)
      MP1: 1,388 (46.3 bb)
      Hero (MP2): 1,408 (46.9 bb)
      MP3: 1,668 (55.6 bb)
      CO: 1,248 (41.6 bb)
      BTN: 1,383 (46.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9 9
      2 folds, Hero raises to 90, MP3 calls 90, 4 folds

Flop: (257) 2 T 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets 102, MP3 calls 102

Turn: (461) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets 270, MP3 calls 270

River: (1,001) 3 (2 players)
      Hero ...

I don't see too many T's in his calling range so my impression was that he is drawing.
      Following that impression I bet the turn biggish to give him bad odds for his draw (which is basically the :club: draw) and c/f river since he won't be calling anything worse and the draw got there.

Any thoughts? :f_mad:

Healthy living:

For food I had some pretty good stuff the last 2 days. I ate chicken and vegetables pretty much erryday and found some really cool flavors when experimenting with ginger, sweet soy sauce and some orange juice :f_love:

I will provide more pictures when I found out how to present the food properly so it doesn't look like ass :f_confused:

gl at the tables!
    • Atkin
      Hello fellas!

A small update! I have swapped my maingame towards the 50c 45m+ Sng's and have been quiet succesful. Ofc I am still reviewing every session I play, analyze hands with HRC and have found a small skype group of fellow MTT / MTSng players.

One of my goals was to put in volume which I think worked out pretty well. I got most of the pushing ranges nailed down (still working with a chart but mostly to check if I was right). I'm still not as confident when calling all ins and postflop but I'm going strong in working on that aswell :)

Ofc w/o a sample size there is not much telling but I'm very confident that I am indeed beating these games, just a matter of volume until I can add the 1$ games.

I've been running pretty hot in life itself aswell. Healthy food can be really tasty and I am really getting into it. Love to combine new flavors and try to present the dishes in a cool way. - ofc still at the start and still with bad quality fotos, but I will give it another try!

Seared chicken on eggplant and courgette bed w/ garlic curd (curd, rosted garlic & onion + some thyme) and baguette :f_love:

Since the start of this blog I lost quiet some weight. I am not 100% how much it is since there was no weigh - in but I reckon something between 6 - 8 pounds which is an awesome start! :f_love: :f_love:

Sadly not everything is going aswell as the poker &nutrition department and to my regret I got to admit that I have yet to send and application... I will try my best to do that this week.

Gl to you at the tables!
    • Atkin
      Just a quick update!

After hitting back 2 back fintal tables @ Partypoker (1,1$ Tournaments free tickets :f_love: ) & crushing some more MTsng's @ stars my BR hit the 200$ mark last night!

Accordingly I will raise the stakes a bit and mix 50c, 1$ and 2,50$ SNGs to get my ABI (huehuehue) up to 1$

:f_love: :f_love:
    • Atkin

Music to grind to :truestory: