Phase 2 hard decision

• rompas
      rompas
      So i played the TCOOP phase 2 tourney ,, in the last hand i got AJ in BB , siting with 11k SB who have me covered goes allin, Would you call or fold? :f_rolleyes:

For me this hand is a instant call in most tourney situations, but this situation is little bit differnt, fold and safely play the last phase tmw? 10k is still 25bb from start of Phase 3 ,, or call and hope to double up or be out...
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Maybe good to post the entire hand if that’s possible in our Hand discussions for Tournaments.
      Than we know more about the situation and the blind level as well, but in most cases I would call here as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      If i understand it right then 10k is 25 BB in the beginning of finale phase, but only 10 BB in the end of phase 2. Unless you believe your edge is huuuuuge in that tourny, I think it would be okay just to go with the AJ, even though you would get more blinds if you wait for the last phase
    • PotBox
      PotBox
      Bronze
      I might be missing a concept of this specific tournament format as I've never played it, but a 25 BB shove seems like a little bit too much to risk with Aj. I feel like you could easily see him with a pair and be in a flip for your tournament life. Twenty five big blinds is plenty to work with but as I said I don't know the meta of this tournament. In a usual short stack situation blind vs blind this hand is a monster, but that's a lot of BBs.

Edit: If Malendes is correct in saying this is 10 BBs I think it becomes a call for sure. You're probably way ahead of villains range.
    • rompas
      rompas
      Originally posted by Malendes
      If i understand it right then 10k is 25 BB in the beginning of finale phase, but only 10 BB in the end of phase 2. Unless you believe your edge is huuuuuge in that tourny, I think it would be okay just to go with the AJ, even though you would get more blinds if you wait for the last phase
      yes you understand it right,, dont think i have a hugeeeeeeeee edge since i dont really play much tournaments, got a free ticket to this phase tourney and didnt expect anything, probably just hopeing to survive, and for sure last few minutes of this tourney i was really just waiting for it to end and start phase 3 where the money is, with a payout where most players get paid minimum 75$ i can find a fold here but in general i totally agree this is a call.
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Even though I am not supporting the 'going for min. cash'-strategy, I guess it could be discussed a little in this situation, considering you will be really close at cashing for 3x buyin in a tournament you got a free buyin in. But still think a AJ blind vs blind is a probitable call for effectively 10 BBs
    • rompas
      rompas
      Tack for your opinion, only reason i posted this was because the chance to get ITM,, at end i did make ITM for a 60$ cash, with the cards and table i had for 30 minutes i dont think a bigger stack would have maked any bigger chance for me..