Stack
      SB:
      $10,15
      Hero:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $24,90

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) 8:spade: , 5:club: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $1,22, Hero raises to $4,75 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $3,53.

Turn: ($10,25) K:diamond:
      River: ($10,25) 5:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,25

Well played?
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nh.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello koaesica,

Preflop: an openlimp BTN is very weak and with A9o, I tend to raise this one preflop to 5bb to grab up the pot but checking is fine too.

Postflop: well easy shove with TPTK ! :)

Merry Christmas,
      Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello koaesica,

Preflop: an openlimp BTN is very weak and with A9o, I tend to raise this one preflop to 5bb to grab up the pot but checking is fine too.

Postflop: well easy shove with TPTK ! :)

Merry Christmas,
      Gerv
      In this hand you have two limpers actually, BU and SB completer, so would be raising to only 5BBs enough, I mean, you probably raise more with your better hands that are stated in SHC?

Another question... ...how would you proceed with your hand on the flop if you get called? 2/3 c-bet? I think usually people tend to raise more preflop and shove any flop when playing OOP, but I'm not sure if A9 is good enough hand for a move like that...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      In this hand you have two limpers actually, BU and SB completer, so would be raising to only 5BBs enough, I mean, you probably raise more with your better hands that are stated in SHC?
      I dont see a completer as a ''limper'' but more as a 'weak limper' who folds to any raise unless otherwise proved. I mean I don't take SB limpers seriously while I take some time to explore what a UTG player is limping with so I raise 4+1 = 5bb with all hands whether it's A9o or AA from the BB

Originally posted by burek2000
      Another question... ...how would you proceed with your hand on the flop if you get called? 2/3 c-bet? I think usually people tend to raise more preflop and shove any flop when playing OOP, but I'm not sure if A9 is good enough hand for a move like that...
      If I hit TopPair or FD+OC etc., I go broke
      Otherwise check/fold, no need to shove with just Ace-Eight-Offsuited. Make a note of the limper next time so you save some more BBs if he does ita gain and you are about to try it again.