Christmas D o w n s w i n g

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Oups sorry this is not a downswing it's poor play from me. Yeahhh LIFE is a bittttchhh!!!
      My life sucks, and I manage to canalize all the bad feelings on poker. Which end up beeing a 200$lost... 216$ to be exact at NL25 BSS SH at one table in an hour.
      I almost never post in this thread, but this time it's official... My life sucks!!!
  • 21 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      wow 8 stacks, sucks. Good luck on recover;)
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Why won't you commit suicide if your life sucks so bad ?
      Either do that or stop whining about how your life sucks coz omg, you've thrown away 200$.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Puciek
      Either do that or stop whining about how your life sucks coz omg, you've thrown away 200$.
      LOL STFU AND GTFO.

@seed - dont worry, its normal. You've read my blog, I had worse :D .
      Analyse your hands, if its your mistake, it's really an issue.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      There is no need to get excessive, so please watch what you are saying in this forum.

@Seednoir: Sorry to hear that things aren't going your way in your private life and I hope these times pass. Life can be quite a b*tch from time to time. Just don't steam it off at the poker tables. If you want to blow off steam with Poker donk around with playmoney or at least stick no 0,01/0,02. Losing 8 stacks at one table NL25 seems like some major tilt (just check the new article on stop loss limits to see why you need to pull the rip cord from time to time)

All the knowledge of the world won't help if you take frustration and emotions to the poker table. So just put a post it note on your monitor stating "don't open the poker software when pissed off" and stick to it :o

Wish you all the best,
      SoyCD
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Wait, so if someone comes crying that he can't play (he told let me quote "Oups sorry this is not a downswing it's poor play from me") and just wants to whine about how his life sucks then what going soft and patting his back will do ? Nothing good whatsodamnever, if you will keep doing so, he will thing that for doing bad things there is a reward and doing so will not get him out of any depression.
      What he need is 5 across the face (loosing 8 stacks may be enought for that cause) to snap him off his misery and get hold of himself, or take a break.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Why do you let noobs like Puciek spam the forum, moderators?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      @puciek: what help will bring saying "go kill yourself"? wtf?

@seednoir: I agree, life sucks but remember poker is a game and games are ment to make life a bit funner and better. When you lose remember that $200 is just money and poker is just a game.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      Oups sorry this is not a downswing it's poor play from me. Yeahhh LIFE is a bittttchhh!!!
      My life sucks, and I manage to canalize all the bad feelings on poker. Which end up beeing a 200$lost... 216$ to be exact at NL25 BSS SH at one table in an hour.
      I almost never post in this thread, but this time it's official... My life sucks!!!

Hey 1seednoir1!

Life can suck sometimes. Maybe you should take a break for the holidays and then come back after a little breather. I've done it. Sure helps.

If you worry about loosing to much, start using a stop-loss. :)

And Puciek, nice comments. You probably lost some respect with alot of the players on this site. Congratulations. :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Wait, so if someone comes crying that he can't play (he told let me quote "Oups sorry this is not a downswing it's poor play from me") and just wants to whine about how his life sucks then what going soft and patting his back will do ? Nothing good whatsodamnever, if you will keep doing so, he will thing that for doing bad things there is a reward and doing so will not get him out of any depression.
      What he need is 5 across the face (loosing 8 stacks may be enought for that cause) to snap him off his misery and get hold of himself, or take a break.
      If you read what he wrote he said that he is currently going through some hard phase in his life and that he took this negativity to the tables which resulted in him losing 8 stacks. He wasn't whining about his play, but is simply currently frustrated with life and his lacking self-control at tilting off money at the tables.

While you are right in saying that he needs to get a hold of himself or to take a break - telling him to kill himself is certainly not the kind of tone that is needed here. If you don't want to be the person to tell him that he shouldn't be taking negative real life issues to the tables - then simply don't post in the thread.

Everyone can have phases where they just feel like rock bottom and need to share it. No reason to mock him.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You disgust me.

Seed good luck on the recovery. I watched you play... you need to stop playing when tilt hits you. I remember you loosing with AA vs 10 10, right after you lost another stack cause of tilt..
    • jianny
      jianny
      Bronze
      @puciek : why dont you spend some constructive time reading poker strategy articles to try and get your level up to SILVER instead of crying all day long?

@seednoir : i had a 10BI downswing once on NL25. lesson from it? i still have not seen the worst. but i still recover stronger and go on to NL50. you are a good player. just keep the faith mate!
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      @Soy, @Dragar did you read my whole post ? Also did you read more about psychology than articles on this site ? Because there is something called reactance.
      And everyone is so disgusted with me, because i've asked him a question why won't he commit suicide then (i didn't tell him to actualy go and kill himself, you read what you want to see apparently) if everything sucks so badly. And i did that so he will ask himself, "does my life really suck so bad ?" and then he will realize that hey, it's not that bad at all.

@Vargan, you can't lose what you don't have, nor i ever cared about some random forum kids respect.

@Jitanny, damn you must think that you rule the world with your gold, great achivment there and i think you are my new idol!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      that's not a question that's saying "stop crying or kill yourself" , which I ask again, how is that helpfull at all?
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      that's not a question that's saying "stop crying or kill yourself" , which I ask again, how is that helpfull at all?
      I wrote 2 posts how is this helpfull, if you can't read them, 3rd won't change it.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Your sick.

As far as i'm concerned this is the downswing forum so people can post what they like about their poker game if its not going well for them.

Go get a life and stop trying to get in arguments.

@seed, don't worry about it, when I loose a few buyins I usually take a break then before I play next time I read some of the strategy articles and maybe watch a coaching video, this usually sorts me out.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      You never step on a guy when he's down.
      He's just writing his problem,emotions down.Nothing wrong with it.

Seednoir,as said before take a break,but SH can be swingy,and if you tilt easier,then use a larger BR in the future,like 50 stacks or so.I think i saw someone writing that he was down 7 stack,then in the evening up 10 stacks.Next day down 8 stacks and so on :p
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I wrote 2 posts how is this helpfull, if you can't read them, 3rd won't change it.
      I would like to see when a good guy like seednoir have "helped" anybody that way.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Hey seednoir relax! I have 8-10 BI downswings on NL25 sometimes too!
      Had lost 220$ last month in one session, NL SH can be swingy you know! I am beating the game, but I have huge swings like you do, just take some days off and keep your head cool, the most important thing is to be cool.
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      Hey Seed,

Take it easy man!
      There's nothing wrong with feeling down but trying to escape by playing poker is a clear mistake. Hard enough to make some substantial winnings when we're feeling great and focused, nevermind when feeling depress and distacted.
      Also SH implies higher BR variance than FR and has no mercy for the tilter.
      Hope you'll manage to sort your problems very soon; if you fancy a game in the meantime go on the play money or micro tables, a good way of getting some action without the consequences.

Take care
      See you later