This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sour Mango's are the best Mango's

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

My friend joined this site using the PokerStars plan. After reading about it during the platform setup he used i realised how impossible the plan is. First of, you only get $50 as opposed to $50+$100 or $50+$50. Secondly, you dont get rakeback weekly, thirdly in 90 days from sign up you need to accumulate 500 FFP or you lose the $50. For the biggest cardroom in the world it seems very unappealing. Assuming most sign ups are beginners, I don't know how they can manage to obtain 500 FFP with good BRM!
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, many and many players started that way - being complete beginners - me included. It is 50+100, and it is called 50 +100 for a reason(you need to clear the additional bonus). Winning consistently in poker is not easy, you need to have a solid pshycological state and patience, desire to learn and analytical thinking. All those are non-poker related qualities, but a beginning player needs to have only a little bit of them in order to become an average winning poker player.
      About your specific question - 500FPP is a joke amount even in the lowest stakes. You just have to grind it out, and investing about 1 hour a day of your time should do the job for a month(not to mention that you've got 3).
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Wrong. If you read the platform details. PokerStars has no +$100. It is just $50 starting capital period.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Ah you were talking about stars.
      Well, its well written in the forums. It doesnt have an additional 100$ unless you deposit.However, its not hard to grind the 500 points out, withdraw and then deposit to have the additional bonus,is it ?But stars is never a good starting platform for beginners, you have titan,mansion and party with way better bonus conditions.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      The problem is that Stars cannot easily design the $50+$100 bonus as intended by us, and thus we had to settle with that, for now.

For most successful players, the +$100 bonus is a career booster, but not explicitly necessary. That means: it saves your time climbing the limits, but it is certainly possible to come up from your initial $50, as well.