[NL2-NL10] NL 10 Hero is with AK, right decision just to check/fold at the flop?

• PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      I mentioned that i often go broke if i contibet in situations like this, so i just checked it and was frightend that one of these 3 guys could have a queen and i will lose if i hit an ace or king on turn/river

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.66 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,70, UTG2 calls $0,60, MP1 calls $0,60, BU calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,85) 6:diamond: , Q:club: , Q:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, BU bets $1,50, 3 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,85
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I would have pushed it preflop since there are 3 limpers and you are going to be out of position.

on the flop, there's nothing else you can do than check fold.
    • PaperWings
      PaperWings
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I would have pushed it preflop since there are 3 limpers and you are going to be out of position.

on the flop, there's nothing else you can do than check fold.
      I have pushed, don't you see it ? and i didn't get reraised, so i can't push more preflop...

Hero raises to $0,70
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      push/shove/ship/stick = all in , for future reference :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Paperwings,

As being suggested by other players, 3+ limpers = an instant All-in if you are SB/BB (out of position on the Flop).

As played, very good that you saved your money post-flop because thats the optimal method to invest your money in these situations :)

Merry Christmas,
      Gerv