Recommend a poker book

• PotBox
      PotBox
      Bronze
      Online material is good but I'd really like to get a physical book to read and improve my game with. Are there any books out there that you would recommend?
      I would prefer it be up to date to include some new metas rather than something like doyle brunsons 20 year old books :f_biggrin:
      I'd also rather it be available locally at something like chapters rather than having to order it online.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I can get one picked out :s_drink:
  • 28 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Ace on The River - Barry Greenstein

It doesn't include much direct poker advice but on the psychology of playing and just as a general read, it is my favourite poker book by a long way.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Andrew Seidman Easy game vol. 1
      Andrew Seidman Easy game vol. 2
      Andrew Seidman Easy game vol. 3

I would highly recommend them to have a look.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not in to poker books, but based that you’re posting hands in our SNG and tournament hand discussion boards I recommend the book Sit 'n Go Strategy of Collin Moshman. For more information you can always check our poker books section.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ADTRguy
      ADTRguy
      Basic
      I can advise to read "Polished poker" by John Anhalt. It was a first book I've read and it helped me a lot. Try to read it - I think it can be useful for you. It's free to load but has a paid workbook. That workbook includes different tasks and qusetions so it's a good practice to better understand the material.
    • VirtuteAnimi
      VirtuteAnimi
      Bronze
      Cool
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Post removed

• Malendes
      Malendes
      SPAM ALERT above me :f_o:

On topic: if you want to read a book focusing more on the mental part, try The Mental Game of Poker Vol. 1 and 2 :f_thumbsup:
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Ace on The River - Barry Greenstein <--- Is your best choice, however, I've personally read books but I've found that Youtube videos have helped me improve my game far better than any book has. -----> Pokerstars The Big Game & Aussie Millions - The Cash Game <-- Are both very educational because you see how players play in real time, with lots of money on the line.
    • PotBox
      PotBox
      Bronze
      I've heard a lot of people recommend The Mental Game of Poker so I think I will probably pick that up :f_thumbsup:

I'll definitely think about Collin's SnG strategy book as well since that's the format I'm focused on the most at the moment.

Barry Greenstein's book also sounds like an awesome read entertainment wise, so many books to choose from!

Thanks for all of your recommendations :f_biggrin:
    • CentBetrag
      CentBetrag
      Bronze
      Dan Harrington Vol.1-3
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Basic
      I cant think of a book to suggest, so i just search in google for S&G help and found S&G Booster.
      hope this helps:f_biggrin: