This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My poker beginning

• Supervolcano
      Supervolcano
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Ayoub. I am from Morocco, which is a North East African country. I was born in 1992, which means that I am 23 years old. I was never into poker before 2 weeks from now. A friend of mine introduced me to the PokerStrategy website, and asked me to try and download Netbet Poker. Following the descriptions step by step I could finaly download the game and benifit from a 10$ welcome as a start. However, since I am not a good poker gamer, I lost most of the 10$ welcome on tournaments. :f_thumbsup:
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Ayoub

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

An other problem with tournaments is that the swings are high as well. So even if you’re a good poker player the change you lose your bankroll is high if you play $1,10 buy-in tournaments or higher.
      Off course the fields on Netbet are most of the time less than 1.000 participates, but swings of more than 100 buy-inns is still normal there. So bankroll management (BRM) is very important. Especially if you just start with those games it’s better to start cautious and then is $10 to small to play tournaments with. Than you can better start with the cheap 10c SNG’s for example to build up your bankroll or start with a bankroll of at least $100 if you have money to spare.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Post removed