My poker beginning

• Supervolcano
      Supervolcano
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Ayoub. I am from Morocco, which is a North East African country. I was born in 1992, which means that I am 23 years old. I was never into poker before 2 weeks from now. A friend of mine introduced me to the PokerStrategy website, and asked me to try and download Netbet Poker. Following the descriptions step by step I could finaly download the game and benifit from a 10$ welcome as a start. However, since I am not a good poker gamer, I lost most of the 10$ welcome on tournaments. :f_thumbsup:
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Ayoub

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

An other problem with tournaments is that the swings are high as well. So even if you’re a good poker player the change you lose your bankroll is high if you play $1,10 buy-in tournaments or higher.
      Off course the fields on Netbet are most of the time less than 1.000 participates, but swings of more than 100 buy-inns is still normal there. So bankroll management (BRM) is very important. Especially if you just start with those games it’s better to start cautious and then is $10 to small to play tournaments with. Than you can better start with the cheap 10c SNG’s for example to build up your bankroll or start with a bankroll of at least $100 if you have money to spare.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Post removed