This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Not 3betting JJ OOP

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I don't like playing hads like AK or JJ oop in 3bet pot, I think I only 3bet them and worse hands vs loose opponents. But is it ok to play this hand in such a psssive style?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $44,00
      BB:
      $29,47
      MP2:
      $5,65
      MP3:
      $23,05
      CO:
      $39,38
      BU:
      $25,80

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 2:spade: , T:diamond: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets $2,13, Hero calls $2,13, BB calls $2,13.

Turn: ($9,39) 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($9,39) 8:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $5,75, BB calls $5,75, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $20,89
  • 3 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hmm playing it OOP in a normal multiway pot is way too harder than in a 3bet HU,not to mention that you will take it down preflop often times, and have a good idea where you stand if you dont.
      As played- you have to raise the flop for value and protection.Against two every overcard that you see will pretty much mean your hand is dead.
      I hope you checked the turn with the intentionof c/r.
      Riverbet is kinda obligatory.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I don't really like high variance. You say I know where I stand, let's say I 3bet, he calls(which they usually do) and this flop comes, not I can be either ahead or behind , it's like 50/50(many people will call queens, kings, aces too, tens beat me).

I am not getting value from worse hands on this flop and I am getting it all-in vs better ones which I don't like at all. In a small pot I have much more room for good play as I think I am much better postflop player than average NL25 guy. No I wasn't going to c/r the turn, I thought either about donking or c/calling and took the 2nd option. I am not scared of any overcards, I can easily reevaluate on them coming. I wouldn't have high winrate at long distance without playing in difficult situations.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I bet myself for value. I just b/f all streets vs reasonable villain.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar