This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fish in the big City

• gabau22
      gabau22
      Bronze
      So I started playing poker 2 weeks ago , and I am starting to enjoy it , after I saw the challenge Goal Getter Promotion , I took the decision on the last moment to participate.
      My poker goal is to play or study poker for 4 hours every day from the beginning till the end of February , doesn't matter if I play 3 hours and study 1 , or if I study 3 and play 1 ( I have chosen a minim of 1 hour study/play) , I have 58 dollars BR ( I had payed 50 , lost 10 , won a 40$ dollar tournament , then lost a few) . The goal is to do this while not investing more of my money(I will if I will lose my BR , but I will also lose the goal)
      And my personal goal is to quit smoking and start jogging at least 30 minutes each day.
  • 3 replies
    • gabau22
      gabau22
      Bronze
      starting the first of 1 february
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Bronze
      Good luck with your challenge :f_thumbsup: Hope you manage to quit the smokes buddy, always tough to quit habits like that, but you got my support
    • gabau22
      gabau22
      Bronze
      So a recap of day 1 First of February :

Poker : I started by playing 4 tables of 2$ buy-in , for 1 hour , made about 3 dollars. Then I studied for 45 minutes , and I found out that basically I know less then nothing , I have to learn more about stack size , ods , pot ods . After studying I became a bit discouraged about my lack of knowledge and started playing again , a few tables , some spin and go's , and lots of tournaments , losing about 10 dollars in the process , now I have 52$. ( I played for about 4 more hours).
      Today I have to learn more , so I am thinking about 3 hour learning , because If I continue to play at my current level , I might not lose all my money , but I surely wont win much either.
      Life : I have smoked less , not much less , but I'm trying to get there . And I am ashamed to say that I have not started running either , today though , I will.