Best use of Star Coins?

• xavez0
      xavez0
      Bronze
      Hey guys, im curious as to what you think is the best use of starcoins nowadays for increasing BR.
      I'm Chrome, so i dont produce a lot of coins. What i do is buying $0.55 tournaments tickets for 55 coins. So far have been ITM but never very deep, aways loosing that much needed double up mid-game, either unluckily sucked out or finding BB holding AA when i get QQ on the BTN and shove preflop.
      So, what do you do with your coins?

Thanks!
  • 12 replies
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Unlike FPPs you will always get the same value when you buy tournament tickets or convert into cash. With FPPs you had the option to wait till you had a lot, because then you paid less FPP per $ - because you dont have that option any longer, I suppose in your case it would be most profitable to buy into the lowest tournaments with your coins (as you said you already are). Basically find the tournament that is softest. Therefore, if you had more coins, I would recommend The Storm ($11) - probably the softest $11 field, but the variance is pretty high.

Other than that, you could look into VIP Bash tournaments. You can buy in directly with Starcoins here, and as far as I know it is the only place where you get extra value (example 100 coins is worth >$1 in VIP Bash sats/tours, because of the added prizes in these tournaments).
    • robwa
      robwa
      Basic
      I like to grind those 6max/htper storm satellites whenever I've saved up a decent amount of FPP/stars coins.
      Pretty variance heavy, overall good value.
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by Malendes
      Other than that, you could look into VIP Bash tournaments. You can buy in directly with Starcoins here, and as far as I know it is the only place where you get extra value (example 100 coins is worth >$1 in VIP Bash sats/tours, because of the added prizes in these tournaments).
      In connection to the VIP Bash tournaments, remember that in many of Pokerstars' promotions and series, there is sometimes tournaments á la VIP Bash. Example in the 100 Million Members promo, there will be a $100.000 tournament with a buyin on 50 coins
    • xavez0
      xavez0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Malendes
      ...there will be a $100.000 tournament with a buyin on 50 coins
      Yes i do have my sights on this one :) Thanks

@robwa: Thanks to you too, never heard of those, will have a look.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Burn them
    • profimaximus
      profimaximus
      Bronze
      Get online tickets.
    • alenomg
      alenomg
      Bronze
      Buy that PokerStars shark toy or buy 25 ceramic chips and shuffle them to act like a pro :)
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by alenomg
      Buy that PokerStars shark toy or buy 25 ceramic chips and shuffle them to act like a pro :)
      Definitely a +EV move to shuffle chips while grinding online poker :f_thumbsup:
    • xavez0
      xavez0
      Bronze
      Lol, i do that a lot :f_biggrin:
    • Asztali
      Asztali
      Basic
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Asztali,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

You should take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • linhle1987
      linhle1987
      Bronze
      BEST VPP AND STAR COIN