Zoom NL10 :WTF:

• StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Basic
      Yesterday was the last day to complete 10 steps to keep your 2015. VIP status. Since I didnt have much time to play in this month (college & work) I had to complete 4 steps in one day. I've said - yea I can do it! So I choose ZOOM 'cos its waay much faster then my 10 tables that I mutli-tab.

Im a regular winning player on NL10 (normal tables) and I can say that I can beat that. With all my knowledge from normal tables I've tried zoom.
      I have some sort of an opening ranges and plan how I play on regulars so I've said - yea why the hell not.

Anyhow - It was a COMPLETE disaster. The amount of bad beats I've come on on those tables are incredible. Actually they were disturbing... Yea that's the word I was looking for... DISTURBING AS HELL. I've lost to almost 80% of my AA hand - either pre-flop shove I enter against KK (he flops the set) or some donk calls me on low board with 99 and hits it on the river. Yea - I know its all part of the game r? Pocket Kings - same stuff again... Either I enter against aces or some1 just outflops me. The amount of juicy boards on zooms are highly suspicious... Seriously that shit is awkward! How many of you guys have lost to a flopped quads? Well I did - guy hits a straight flush on the river... Boom 23$ goes away like they were nothing...
      Same goes for flopped sets. I was amazed how many times did I get set over set - It was awful as fuck! And draws - they hit them like crazy. Every river, every turn - boom freakin' jackpot!

I've lost almost 120$ of my bank role which is almost a fifth of my stack and Im feeling sick as hell... I did however managed to maintain my current VIP status and I dont even know if it was worth the trauma. Im seriously feeling so scared playing my cards, the feeling I've never ever had before. Its like AK hits K on the flop and my pants are shaking 'cos ... you never know on zoom - he might hit a set or even two pair...
      Im highly self critic 'bout my game and I try to take it seriously as much as I can. I try not to let emotions go under my skin but that shit was unbearable! I found myself literally shaking from rage build up inside!

The sad story of it is that most of the players that I've come across are more or less fishes - they play aggressive as hell with no real equity at all. Its like a wild fucking west - Hit it baby! Just push them in, they are all just pieces of plastic r? Most of the players could be traced via "find option" and almost 80% of them could be found and half of them are playing on only 1 table (fish???).

This post is my personal cry out ... I just had to let it off somewhere since my girl is out of the town....

And if there is - can some1 pls explain in a quick notes the real difference between the zoom & regular tables, cos I can see a lot of luck involved + a lot of aggression for no good reason...
  • 7 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Been there, done that. I suggest you read The Mental Game of Poker 1&2, have helped me.

Zoom is a lot faster, your concentration is lower, bad beats will happen as often hand wise but lot faster time wise which increases your tilting. When you tilt you make mistakes faster and end up losing more. Tilting vs fish was/still is a big problem for me sometimes. I think the reason you lost much more when playing zoom is only because your mistakes keep piling up a lot faster.
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Basic
      Originally posted by la55i
      Been there, done that. I suggest you read The Mental Game of Poker 1&2, have helped me.

Zoom is a lot faster, your concentration is lower, bad beats will happen as often hand wise but lot faster time wise which increases your tilting. When you tilt you make mistakes faster and end up losing more. Tilting vs fish was/still is a big problem for me sometimes. I think the reason you lost much more when playing zoom is only because your mistakes keep piling up a lot faster.

After a few days of rest from poker I've analysed my bad session and, since I have to be fair to myself, I've realized that I've lost almost 40-50$ to my tilting and my bad play. Every word that you've put in this post was true. Maybe I'm not capable of playing on 4 tables on zoom or maybe I dont have a decent strategy to play that. I've decided to get back to regular 6max tables. I've managed to get back almost 70$ in last 10k hands and I'm feeling good again about my play and 'bout my bankrole.

Thanks for the answer
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      In Zoom there's a lot of button raises with pretty much anything to steal blinds. A lot of people, when they see raise, just fast fold. So to counter this, you have 3 bet a lot from SB/BB.
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed)

Button ($2.32)
      SB ($2.03)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.83)
      Hero (MP) ($2.64)
      CO ($2)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7, 7
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.22, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.49) 7, 10, 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.49) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31

River: ($1.11) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, Button raises to $1.79 (All-In), Hero calls $1.15

Total pot: $4.69 | Rake: $0.16

Results below:
      Button had 10, 10 (four of a kind, tens).
      Hero had 7, 7 (full house, sevens over tens).
      Outcome: Button won $4.53
    • guhruuu
      guhruuu
      Bronze
      nh
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Ugly hand indeed. Not sure if it’s smart to call with 77 a 3bet out of position.
      Based on the call20 rule for calling for set value it would be a clear fold.
    • Spazzaments
      Spazzaments
      Bronze
      Zoom is brutal sometimes. The action is a lot faster, so remember that suckouts are pretty frequent on there. Also, you'll remember them better then just sucking out in the river when you are behind. Don't let it scare you off. If you play a decent LAG style there is plenty of money to make in Zoom