This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to use these HUD stats?

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      The following stats are from some of the regulars in my game and that I use in my HUD. I was hoping you guys could help me classify them and give some pointers on how to exploit them.

VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD
      Steal/foldBB/3bet/riverAF

1)
      28/20/2.5/35
      38/51/8.5/2.0

2)
      37/27/2.5/43
      44/32/18.4/2.3
      Note: Maniac.
      Raises pairs, draws, air alike, especially in blind battles.

3)
      27/9/1.6/30
      17/58/3.3/1.1

4)
      28/21/1.9/37
      39/49/9.7/1.25

5)
      50/0/0.4/69
      0/80/0.0/0.8
      Note: Limp/calldown KK.
  • 5 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      1)
      28/20/2.5/35
      38/51/8.5/2.0
      - standard TAG
      - not very SDbound, so he use to fold too much on certain street (i'd say turn, but more stats should tell you that)
      - nothing special about other stats, except his 3betting range (if it's PF) is tighter than I would expect, so he's playing only his hands (no iso-3bets and no light 3bets IP to your iso-raises)
      - 2.0 river AF is quite high, but it can be because of sample size or because he folds a lot on turn, so his river hands are stronger on average

2)
      37/27/2.5/43
      44/32/18.4/2.3
      Note: Maniac.
      Raises pairs, draws, air alike, especially in blind battles.
      - such guy can be easily big winner on low limits if he plays reasonably (or big loser if he doesn't)
      - never sit to his right or 2nd right
      - c/r him A LOT with hands like TPGK+ HU and donk a lot in 3h+ because he will raise you quite often to kick others out
      - donk rivers HU, because he's capable to check behind HU (1.1 river AF is low) - this depends on your reads on him, because he can still be very aggressive if it's HU river
      - look for him and take a lot of notes as he can be easily exploitable usually ;)

3)
      27/9/1.6/30
      17/58/3.3/1.1
      - such guy uses to play only at 1 table, so he recognize your play after a while... table image is important
      - put him on your 2nd left (you're BU when he has BB) and steal all his blind with air if you have good table image, or in the first 2 rounds (don't take it too far if he saw you loosing with marginal hand more than once)
      - be ready to fold your hand weaker than TPTK if you don't have draw when he 3bets
      - I guess he uses to fold a lot of turns or rivers, so look at this stats and c/r his Cbets if he likes to give up without made hand (30% WTSD signalize very weak postflop skills)
      - he knows how BB steals work (PFR 9 << AttToSteal 17), so tighten up if he raise you from late position, but not give too much

4)
      28/21/1.9/37
      39/49/9.7/1.25
      - good to very good player with somehow balanced stats
      - much better than the 1st one even stats seem similar
      - avoid him, but if you play him, take notes about mistakes he does (stats won't help you here too much)

5)
      50/0/0.4/69
      0/80/0.0/0.8
      Note: Limp/calldown KK.
      - the best possible regular!
      - bet every street and do everything to play him HU postflop (sit on his right and iso raise him lightly)
      - watch out for his river play because such guys likes to donk a lot (river AF >> total AF): the question is wheter he is capable to do that with busted draw or not, so try to focus on his river play even you're out of hand
      - the only notable thing is how he plays big pairs/overpairs and when & with what he donks HU and 3h+

The most of what I said depends somehow on your reads, so don't take it too far. ;)
      Taking reads is often more important than huge database, so stay focused all the time!
      btw: maybe you should add "fold to T Cbet" stat to your HUD - i found it very helpful when HU postflop

good luck!
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Thanx alot for that thorough answer, it was exactly what I was looking for! I think it is important to know best the opponents you play alot with.
      I will also add the fold to turn C-bet stat to my hud. What's the threshold value here? (What's low/high?)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      You're welcome :)

Something around 35 is average for TAG if I remember correctly, but it may vary depending on posflop style and skills. But to take advantage of it, look for >50 and <20, because those are extremes. If you see someone with fold to T CBet 50%, bet every turn card HU literally (again, dont take to too far: Q on turn after JKT flop is not "every turn card" ;) )
    • MrPocketSevens
      MrPocketSevens
      Bronze
      Where can i find these average values? Is there any information about this topic at PokerStrategy?

It would be very helpfull to know some values in which i have some doubts :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      There's one article called Stats of a Winning Player ($3/$6), but it's gold... if you have any questions about certain stats, feel free to ask through this forum ;)