How to use these HUD stats?

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      The following stats are from some of the regulars in my game and that I use in my HUD. I was hoping you guys could help me classify them and give some pointers on how to exploit them.

VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD
      Steal/foldBB/3bet/riverAF

1)
      28/20/2.5/35
      38/51/8.5/2.0

2)
      37/27/2.5/43
      44/32/18.4/2.3
      Note: Maniac.
      Raises pairs, draws, air alike, especially in blind battles.

3)
      27/9/1.6/30
      17/58/3.3/1.1

4)
      28/21/1.9/37
      39/49/9.7/1.25

5)
      50/0/0.4/69
      0/80/0.0/0.8
      Note: Limp/calldown KK.
  • 5 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      1)
      28/20/2.5/35
      38/51/8.5/2.0
      - standard TAG
      - not very SDbound, so he use to fold too much on certain street (i'd say turn, but more stats should tell you that)
      - nothing special about other stats, except his 3betting range (if it's PF) is tighter than I would expect, so he's playing only his hands (no iso-3bets and no light 3bets IP to your iso-raises)
      - 2.0 river AF is quite high, but it can be because of sample size or because he folds a lot on turn, so his river hands are stronger on average

2)
      37/27/2.5/43
      44/32/18.4/2.3
      Note: Maniac.
      Raises pairs, draws, air alike, especially in blind battles.
      - such guy can be easily big winner on low limits if he plays reasonably (or big loser if he doesn't)
      - never sit to his right or 2nd right
      - c/r him A LOT with hands like TPGK+ HU and donk a lot in 3h+ because he will raise you quite often to kick others out
      - donk rivers HU, because he's capable to check behind HU (1.1 river AF is low) - this depends on your reads on him, because he can still be very aggressive if it's HU river
      - look for him and take a lot of notes as he can be easily exploitable usually ;)

3)
      27/9/1.6/30
      17/58/3.3/1.1
      - such guy uses to play only at 1 table, so he recognize your play after a while... table image is important
      - put him on your 2nd left (you're BU when he has BB) and steal all his blind with air if you have good table image, or in the first 2 rounds (don't take it too far if he saw you loosing with marginal hand more than once)
      - be ready to fold your hand weaker than TPTK if you don't have draw when he 3bets
      - I guess he uses to fold a lot of turns or rivers, so look at this stats and c/r his Cbets if he likes to give up without made hand (30% WTSD signalize very weak postflop skills)
      - he knows how BB steals work (PFR 9 << AttToSteal 17), so tighten up if he raise you from late position, but not give too much

4)
      28/21/1.9/37
      39/49/9.7/1.25
      - good to very good player with somehow balanced stats
      - much better than the 1st one even stats seem similar
      - avoid him, but if you play him, take notes about mistakes he does (stats won't help you here too much)

5)
      50/0/0.4/69
      0/80/0.0/0.8
      Note: Limp/calldown KK.
      - the best possible regular!
      - bet every street and do everything to play him HU postflop (sit on his right and iso raise him lightly)
      - watch out for his river play because such guys likes to donk a lot (river AF >> total AF): the question is wheter he is capable to do that with busted draw or not, so try to focus on his river play even you're out of hand
      - the only notable thing is how he plays big pairs/overpairs and when & with what he donks HU and 3h+

The most of what I said depends somehow on your reads, so don't take it too far. ;)
      Taking reads is often more important than huge database, so stay focused all the time!
      btw: maybe you should add "fold to T Cbet" stat to your HUD - i found it very helpful when HU postflop

good luck!
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Thanx alot for that thorough answer, it was exactly what I was looking for! I think it is important to know best the opponents you play alot with.
      I will also add the fold to turn C-bet stat to my hud. What's the threshold value here? (What's low/high?)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      You're welcome :)

Something around 35 is average for TAG if I remember correctly, but it may vary depending on posflop style and skills. But to take advantage of it, look for >50 and <20, because those are extremes. If you see someone with fold to T CBet 50%, bet every turn card HU literally (again, dont take to too far: Q on turn after JKT flop is not "every turn card" ;) )
    • MrPocketSevens
      MrPocketSevens
      Bronze
      Where can i find these average values? Is there any information about this topic at PokerStrategy?

It would be very helpfull to know some values in which i have some doubts :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      There's one article called Stats of a Winning Player ($3/$6), but it's gold... if you have any questions about certain stats, feel free to ask through this forum ;)