This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50. TT. opponent donkbets flop.

• suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Ok, I've recently started playing SSS (used to play SnG, MTTs and a lilbit of 6max). I hope I'll get some advice from you guys :D
      This is a hand that gave me a little headache:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $13,55
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($5,75) 2:club: , J:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,50, Hero ?

opponent doesn't seem to be playing appropriate SSS.
  • 7 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      oponent seems to be a fish , only 17 hands but I would raise him and make a note.
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      In my opinion it really depends on reads. Have you ever saw him donkbetting flop. If no, i just call and if he raise turn i fold. If yes, push instantly. You can see that opponent is fishy and in my personal experience fishes usually donkbets like this when they have something. I guess you pushed and and he showed something like QJo

P.S. galejai ir uzdarby papostint, butu atsirade patarėju :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello suvalgysiu,

You can either 1) Push immediately for protection and value since he is a fish

or

2) call and evaluate to see if another Overcard comes or a . Also you have position.

Reraising him would cost more than 50% of your stack so that's why I say Pushing instead of normal 2-bet.

I like call and evaluate the Turn
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      well I decided to push immediately because I wanted to get value out of him if he has a flushdraw and make him call against the odds.

I figured that he won't have me beat that often and I might take the pot right away, because since i call and the turn's a :heart: , Q, K or A I'm in deep sh X( t and will have to check/fold.

If anyone's wondering what he had, you'll never guess - AA :D

gambleris koks nikas uzdarby? :D
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      pagalvok kas shortstackina ir dar bloga retkarciais rasydavo. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      ...am I the only one who would fold this one?

I don't know, but when I face a fish I usually don't see him again in a short period of time, so I wouldn't risk my whole remaining stack just to get the information and besides I usually got burnt when I shoved hands like this one(OCs when I hold a PP).

On the other hand I would call here if I was playing a regular and didn't have much infos about his play. It's worth if you get info about someone who you see almost every day at the tables.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Folding is fine and easy but the board is J23hh and not Ace high or King high which I mucked it instantly.

Sometimes fishes donk because they want to look strong with trash
      Sometimes fishes donk because of a FD and misses the flush on the Turn thus folding on the Turn
      etc. etc.