[NL2-NL10] NL50. TT. opponent donkbets flop.

• suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Ok, I've recently started playing SSS (used to play SnG, MTTs and a lilbit of 6max). I hope I'll get some advice from you guys :D
      This is a hand that gave me a little headache:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $13,55
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($5,75) 2:club: , J:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1,50, Hero ?

opponent doesn't seem to be playing appropriate SSS.
  • 7 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      oponent seems to be a fish , only 17 hands but I would raise him and make a note.
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      In my opinion it really depends on reads. Have you ever saw him donkbetting flop. If no, i just call and if he raise turn i fold. If yes, push instantly. You can see that opponent is fishy and in my personal experience fishes usually donkbets like this when they have something. I guess you pushed and and he showed something like QJo

P.S. galejai ir uzdarby papostint, butu atsirade patarėju :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello suvalgysiu,

You can either 1) Push immediately for protection and value since he is a fish

or

2) call and evaluate to see if another Overcard comes or a . Also you have position.

Reraising him would cost more than 50% of your stack so that's why I say Pushing instead of normal 2-bet.

I like call and evaluate the Turn
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      well I decided to push immediately because I wanted to get value out of him if he has a flushdraw and make him call against the odds.

I figured that he won't have me beat that often and I might take the pot right away, because since i call and the turn's a :heart: , Q, K or A I'm in deep sh X( t and will have to check/fold.

If anyone's wondering what he had, you'll never guess - AA :D

gambleris koks nikas uzdarby? :D
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      pagalvok kas shortstackina ir dar bloga retkarciais rasydavo. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      ...am I the only one who would fold this one?

I don't know, but when I face a fish I usually don't see him again in a short period of time, so I wouldn't risk my whole remaining stack just to get the information and besides I usually got burnt when I shoved hands like this one(OCs when I hold a PP).

On the other hand I would call here if I was playing a regular and didn't have much infos about his play. It's worth if you get info about someone who you see almost every day at the tables.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Folding is fine and easy but the board is J23hh and not Ace high or King high which I mucked it instantly.

Sometimes fishes donk because they want to look strong with trash
      Sometimes fishes donk because of a FD and misses the flush on the Turn thus folding on the Turn
      etc. etc.