From zero to hero ! From sngs to cash games

• AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      21 years , from Slovak Republic, living in Prague
      poker experience : 3 years

I was in profit like 3000$ but lost something about 2k and withdrew 1k. From that time I told myself to never make a deposit on poker, I still did not. But I friend of mine gave me 5$ on FullTilt so I decided to play and to prove myself I won't do the same mistakes again.

What are my plans? Simply climb up and make my bankroll bigger - from that 5 bucks I have 46$ now playin 1,25$ MATRIX Shorthanded tourneys.

when I reach 150$ I will move to 2,25$ shorthanded matrix and shorthanded turbos + heads up (for 2 and 4 ppl).

I will try to keep posting in this thread and maybe I will add some videos also.

have a nice holidays all.
  • 46 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      There was only 1 SVK blog yesterday . . and now 3??

Nice to see you here Andy :)

Keep us updated!
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Hi Andy,

its nice see more svk players here, I live near Pezinok.

Keep posting, join slovak group community.

I wish you BR growth :-)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      you can actually play much higher buyin matrix sngs with that BR. think about what each of the tables is costing you.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      yeah I recommend you to start playing the $2.25... since matrix sng's are a little different you don't really need 50 bi... And the rake is way lower on the $2 so you'll profit from that :)

Goodluck I'll keep on reading this blog :)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      TIME TO UPDATE !!!

Bankroll: 54,56$

My motto: DONKEYS REWARDED.

Well, where to start. After, not realy tilting but gettin bad beats and going downt to like 30$ I decided to play 23$ HU. What a stupid idiot am I. NEVER EVER WILL DO THIS with this bankroll.

Me: K 7 , 2 bb preflop raise

Flop: K 3 8, I bet 2/3 of the bet the guy called
      Turn: 4, I bet 2/3 , he goes all in , and I insta call ? WTF ??

He shows 4 8. I am telling myself great, I was playing good 10 days and now this

River: 7 , gi gi

Well, but let's talk about my play today. I tried some 2,25 matrix+ 2,15 HUs. I won something then I lost something, I am not realy catching cards these days. I lost for about 15 times in a row with KK against all kind of hands, the most were against Ace + something low. The most ridiculous were like KK vs K2 where me and the guy were chipleaders and went all in preflop, similar tu K 9 or J4 where the guy hit or a flush, or two pair or whateva.

Also lost few times with aces against two pictures when then donk on these limits just cant fold two pictures. Does not matter, I keep faith and move on.

I wanted my bankroll to be something like 50$ by now cause today I leave to celebrate New year + I go skiing so, maybe the rest from cards will be good.

As I read about that I should move on 2,25$ sngs. Yea true, the rake is same as on 1$ lvl but still, I will keep playing both. I dont think I could not beat 10$ lvl for example, but I just do not have bankroll for it so I prefer to climb safely then rapidly and then lose it all thx to Lady Bad Luck.

Well , I need definitly a rest, here are some stats of number of tables I played from 15th December:

Heads up: 18 wins from 28 played, profit 31`
      SNG: 275 cashes out of 611 tables (45% cashes)

these days I made 420 ftp points, Looking forward to recieve rakeback :tongue:

That would be all in this year. Cya in 2009 !!
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      I just returned today from mountains and I played something. It was good from the begining then I got sucked out.
      Here are stats:

Heads up 4/8 (cashes)
      Sng 7/13(cashes)

profit 5$ , with the rakeback I got last week my bankroll is 66.61$.

I am pretty tired today so NO more poker :diamond: :diamond:
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Bankroll: 67.44$

I had 75 but then, everything changed. I started to make bad moves + FFS luck of other players made me lose some $$$.

I played mostly 2,15$ heads ups and I think I can do well here. Anyway, new things learned today so lets benefit thanks to them tommorrow. Today no more poker.

I add my sharkscope:

http://www.sharkscope.com/SharkScope/DisplayGraph?GraphType=UserHistory&u1=AndySk&Network=fulltilt&Username=sswebsite&Password=&Currency=USD&TimeZone=9&ClientTimeZoneValue=-1&searchTag=241.18308220476126&GraphWidth=540&GraphHeight=420&nocache=1231001753769&version=233

Reborn started at approx 900games
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      WOOOHOOOOO WATT A RIDE !

Bankroll: 80.01$

Yup. Today I was playing mostly 2,15$ HEADS UP and did pretty. I took some disgusting beats but still, I catched some cards and when I did, I took maximum profit from them.

As previous days I am now little bit tired, I could play but I do not want to. I prefer to coach one of my friends and watch the other friend how he plays HEADS UP to see, how should I not play it :D .

Something about these micro HU games:

player types:

a, I limp with everything, no raises
      b, I raise 2bb from the button
      c, I raise 3bb from the button - maniacs

PLAYERS A: What's important, against the player type A never raise out of position with hands like QK , JQ etc. u can be in a trouble :) .

PLAYERS B: Call connectors, u never know when they have a pair and u can easily bust them by catching trips, straight, or two pair on the flop

PLAYERS C: Wait for a good hand and then, SHIP THA CHIPS !

Something to my profit: If I would make 10$ a day it would be pretty nice for a student in Slovakia / Czech republic. But still, If I can make 600$ in 2 month I can move to higher buy ins so I can make more. In fact I would be very content making 1000$ per month while at university.

What are my next goals?

1. BECOME SILVER : Points difference to next higher rank: 1
      2. GET EPEHANT LICENSE : StrategyPoints until Elephant-License: 79
      3. Do well on exams
      4. Have 350$ BR until end of month

UPDATE

Second time in my life

• AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      Hello,

I decided to give a look to all this so here we go !

05/01/2009 - MONDAY

Today I arrived to my hostel in Prague and instantly went to play som tables. What dissapointed me ? Full tilt server was a piece of shit, still disconecting me after I run some tables so I lost abou 5$ thx to this. I have already written 2 mails to FT support but it seems this support is the most retarded in online poker. I will not stop spam their mail box until I recieve it back :P .

Well, let's talk about my game. I was going up to 88$ but then, bad beats. I mean, to some people I would not give a cent to play with, stupid donks but still, after checking their stats something was warming my heart. I play tilt free poker and I am content to make right moves at right time, but since the opponent is not drawing dead he's got still chance of winning.

To not name donks all people arround I have to admit I was lucky in some pots too.

As I was writing about my top, 88$, I was also down to 68$ today. Thanx God I did not move to higher limits to win it back :D . I stayed playin my 1,25 or 2,25 SH matrix and 2,15 HU and I did pretty well.

Still, as I dont move on it does not realy affect me. I do pick some new experience, I make myself immune to tilt. I am still having fun playing poker and motivation to prove myself and also my friends that I can make money playin this game.

Bankroll: 81,55$
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      nice progress :) i wish you pass line of 100$ in few days :) ... stay at your limit where you are it confort zone ... try to play more tables if it is posible...

i was starting in summer with hourly rate like 0,50-1$ an hour ... but month by month this number grow far away of regular students salery ... so i will keep hold fingers for you :P ..sry for my english

good luck at exams ;) they are pretty sux
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      06/01/2009 - TUESDAY

Today I played some games but not too much as any other days. I am realy happy to make some big folds before the flop with high pairs JJ, QQ.

Something wrong is with my laptop and I am really laggin doing anything on it.

Miskokvo: I do play at least 1 matrix - 4 tables if I want to eat or not to be exhausted from play :P . But normally I do play 2 matrix tourneys so its 8 tables. I could play more but my small screen does not "allow" me to do it.
      I feel confortable here at these levels.
      Anyway if I stay with same bankroll, everything is gonna change on Fridays when we recieve rakeback ;) .

Now I say: Better money than fast money. Sometimes I made fast money and then I lost it all. So let's try it by chosing another way leading to the top :)

Bankroll: 83,24$
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      8 tables is probably max in normal speed sng :) .....(for donks who will atack this post -ok dont kill me i know it is posible play more)

hmm it is your blog so i can write here in ours national language:( (i can write it in eng but it took me like 2 hours)

cuz, drzim palce v pokry do buducnosti... hraj pekne pomaly snimi ako zvyknes ..tiez som moc neposluchal keci s 30buy in BR bo som necel vrazat vlastne peniaze do pokru a ani v buducnosti necem z banky tahat prachy takze vzdy stym mojim bankrolom na herni pocitam tak ako by to boli vsetky moje prachy ...cize dodrzujem dost striktne viac ako 100buy inov do turnaja 1 stoloveho ktory hram... to by bolo asi vsetko ..
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      07/01/2009 - WEDNESDAY

I played a lot today. Could not be in profit from the begining but then, everything changed. I still wonder how could some people put/play for money if the even cant think and push with any two cards preflop. I mean, it does not matter cause good player will be still in profit :D

Bankroll: 89.92$

MiskoKvo:

ono, ked si to tak vezmes tak jeden matrix delis vstup vlastne na styri, Cize keby som chcel hrat 5 dolarove tak povedzme, aby som mal 100x buy in musim mat nieco okolo 125$ ak nepocitam entry fee. Ja hram tak dole predovsetkym preto, aby som sa naucil celit titlut a podobnym veciam, ktore ti sposobuju stratu vacsej casti bankrollu. Par krat som to uz zazil, a znova nechcem :) . Jednoducho na zaciatku som si urcil ako budem hrat, a podla takeho planu pojdem ,nic ine nebudem hrat ako to co som si vopred urcil. ( prave toto ma stalo nejaku tu stovku dolarov, nastastie nie z vlastneho vrecka)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      ja som tiez cel hravat 3,8$ ale furt seci domna hucali ze mam br na 22$ tupci ... lenze vysvetli niakemu nemcovi ze co je preteba stratit za hodku 200$ a co je prenho :D
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      08/01/2009 - THURSDAY

I AM REALLY DISGUSTED. Ok I understand u can push with anything, but how can u call if there is a bubble, 3 players same stack, I push with AK and the "wanna hit" calls with 83 ? Wtf? Where we are? :evil: Does not matter, this happened to me all the day so I took a habit of it :D :heart: . Since beats like this, and my bad play also I am not in profit today. But at least I got some new experience :diamond:

Bankroll: 86.51$
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      09/01/2009 - FRIDAY

Still fishing 1,25 matrix. Wow, what a beats today. I lost 3 times with aces when we went all in preflop, few times with kings and incredibly lots of times with AK or AQ against an ace rag wtf ? I mean, sure, ace rag has a chance to win but after today, there cant be any more 30% for it :D . Cause today it was like 90% winning against my superior ace. Still, I am pretty contetn with my performance and looking forward to add more $$$ to my bankroll.

Bankroll: 95.93$
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      10/01/2009 - SATURDAY

Pretty good day today. Still facing bad beats but ... I climb

I also played 1000$ VIP freeroll on iPoker and from 777 players I finished 17th and took 8$. So if anyone is interested I can give u this 8$ on iPoker for 8$ on Full Tilt or maybe stars. But I still prefer tilt :)

Bankroll: 104.31$

+ 8$ on iPoker
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      11/01/2009 - Sunday

On FullTilt I am pretty CARD DEAD today and did not play a lot cause of this. Anyway, I played another 1000$ VIP freeroll on CD poker and finished 85th out of 902 players and took 2$. WOW :D I went all in with Kd9d and a chipleader asked me if he should call. I said yes and he called with Q 10.

Flop: K 10 9 one diamond
      Turn: J od diamonds :evil:
      River: 2 of clubs

and its gg.

Bankroll: 111.56$

+ 10$ on iPoker ready to trade for ur tilt ;)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      13/01/2009 - Tuesday

I do not play these days a lot because of school works. Anyway if I play I play with a big effect. I got nice beats today. Me QK and opponent Q 10, all in on flop like 7 2 Q , turn 10. Simillar situations happened to me few times :) . Anyway, I busted KK with A2 and one more time KK with A8. At least its even.

Bankroll: 122.34$

+ 10$ on iPoker still available to trade for ur tilt :heart: