This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Starting to improve !

• lapsinsh
      lapsinsh
      Bronze
      2016 has been a successful year for me so far. I used to play chess when i was younger i like to play games that make u think. Recently i started to play online poker and i kinda fell in love with it because it' s a complex game although doesn't seem like it at first. Poker feels to me similar to chess in some way.
      For some players poker is just a 2 cards in your hands, combinations and 3 buttons to press - check / call / rise. After i lost my first small deposit in pokerstars i started to understand that poker is not that simple. To be successful u really need to get in head of your opponent and try to make best decisions. But i did not give up, tried to learn from my mistakes. I put my time in to :

-Learning principles, how to play against different opponents.
      -Studied the game, watched a lot online coaching sessions.
      -Now i'm started to read Hansen's book about poker.

After doing that i made another small deposit and felt like i'm improved a ton.
      I played ~2.5k hands in past two months on pokerstars low stakes cash game 2/5c blinds. So far i have tripled my bankroll now i'm up almost 60$

I know i can learn so much more, and i will definitely do that, hopefully i'll be able to play medium stakes at some point and make more profit.
      So... be a better person be a better player, study the game u love and u will succeed. Wish u best luck on poker tables !
  • 3 replies