Heads up !

• aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      hey i just passed the quiz..and still waiting for the 50$ , i was looking in this site, and i didn't find info on how 2 play heads up. ..i only know u have to be aggresv! lol where to find more info about strating hand in heads up mode..even if ur playin in a tour 9 handed, in the end ur will end up heads-up i play offline alot..it's so sick..cuz they raise wiz maybe trash hands and they push ...sick..so i need help to improve my game..cuz when i get the 50$ i'm gonna play heads up all the time..so any advice?

thx 4 ur time :) )
  • 10 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Any other advice? Don't play cash HU until you reach $300 (at least). Play S&G $1 if there are some.
      Good luck.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Don't play HU, You asked for starting hands charts, well, there aren't any really, since HU is very read based.

You also stated that a some point, even if you play 9 handed you would be heads up, in a tournament that's correct, but in a tournament, these situations differ greatly from HU cash because the stacksize will be pretty small in relation to the blinds, for these situations, there do exist some theoretical models like sage, these are available in the tournament strategy section one's you reach the appropriate level (I believe it's silver)

Besides that, it's perfectly possible to play Full ring constantly, in which case we have charts and postflop strategy's which if followed rigidly will bring profit.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Today i sent my ID..hope i can get the 50$ by the new year!
      ya that was on my mind..anyway i'm so far from that level ( cash HU)..so i'm gonna stick with 2.20$ or 5.25$ heads up in pokerstars..

thx 4 the advice..i'm sure goin to do it :) )

and ya one question, i tried to download the Elphant, but it's always like this, downloading 1Mb from Unknown..etc..what should i do ?

thx 4 ur time :) )

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year :) )
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      You do not have the bankroll to play 2 0r 5 sit and go's stick to the $1 ones to start and if you can build some then move up. If you play $5 HU sng's I predict you will be busted on day one.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      I tried to download the Elephant, but it's always like this, downloading 1Mb from Unknown..etc..what should i do ?
      Wait few minutes. It worked for me :P

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      1$ ! u mean play in 9 handed tour, the 1st win 4.50$ ! that's if i end up the 1st! and the 2nd get like 3 or 2 $ lol ! at pokerstars! come on! i have a better chance winnig heads up 2.50$ then there at 9 handed!

but i don't know, ur more experinece than i am! and ur tellin me this now ! so i don't know ..it's like ur gonna spend min 45min to win max 4.50$ - 1.20$ to win like 3.30$ if u end up the 1st ! meanwhile u can win or double ur 2.20$ at max 20mins! cuz it's not goin to take more than that! at this low limits right?
      what do u think?!

and about the Elphan , Kukki, man i waited till it's 15 Mb!..and it's not workin..lol i'm gonna keep tryin !

thx 4 ur time guys!

Merry Christmass and Happy new year ! :) )))
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Yes you are right, you can make money faster playing $5HU sng's, you can also lose all of your money very fast like this. It only takes a couple loses and suddenly your bankrool is nearly depleted. I don't care how good you are we all have runs of variance and with only $50 to start it won't take much to bust yours. Build your roll slowly then once it gets up a little you will find it will build itself a little faster as you move up levels. Play the $1 one for a while, if you place ITM in most of them the roll will grow faster than you think. If you play your first game win and get the $4.50 you have increased you BR by a good percentage really.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      1$ ! u mean play in 9 handed tour, the 1st win 4.50$ ! that's if i end up the 1st! and the 2nd get like 3 or 2 $ lol ! at pokerstars! come on! i have a better chance winnig heads up 2.50$ then there at 9 handed!

but i don't know, ur more experinece than i am! and ur tellin me this now ! so i don't know ..it's like ur gonna spend min 45min to win max 4.50$ - 1.20$ to win like 3.30$ if u end up the 1st ! meanwhile u can win or double ur 2.20$ at max 20mins! cuz it's not goin to take more than that! at this low limits right?
      what do u think?!

and about the Elphan , Kukki, man i waited till it's 15 Mb!..and it's not workin..lol i'm gonna keep tryin !

thx 4 ur time guys!

Merry Christmass and Happy new year ! :) )))
      learn to multitable. Personally I am able to play up to 12 tables. Start with 2 or 3 tables and add tables as you get more experienced.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      1$ ! u mean play in 9 handed tour, the 1st win 4.50$ ! that's if i end up the 1st! and the 2nd get like 3 or 2 $

you can't think about it in terms of $. When you start at low levels, it could be just a couple dollars an hour, however, you must think about it in terms of big blinds/ (or i guess in your case for SNG's) Buy Ins
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      didn't mean the money! i meant the chances of winnig! if there is 9 handed what are the chances of me ending the 1st !! cmon! and sure u know it 80% of the tour 9handed u will end up heads up on the turn! so ya..

if there is 1$ sure i will play it ..but since the low is in pokerstars 2.50$..it's not cash it's SNT..

that's my plan..when i have the 50$ ( still waitin i sent my Id)..

i'm here to improve my game and to win and get help..if u still think i'm in the wrong road plz tell me :) )

-- DADUE, can u plz explain to me how 2 think about it this way BB?!! didn't get it

thx 4 ur time

Happy new year guys :) )