Skrill Account Temporarily Disabled

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

A few days ago I tried to log in into my Skrill account as usual, but I got this message: "We have temporarily disabled login to your account as a security precaution. Please reset your password to access your account."

I clicked on "reset password", got an e-mail with the link to complete the process and chose an option that they send me a code via SMS, but didn't receive any SMS. So, I followed the link of an alternate way of reseting the password and sent scan copies of my nationality ID card. Then I received an e-mail with the confirmation that they received my inquiry (it was on 3rd February), but after that didn't get any response.

I know that I can call them, but via their international number and I believe the cost of calling would be quite high (not sure which country will the call go to).

I wonder if this login disabling is a periodic, standard procedure or there may be something wrong with the account?
  • 20 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      They usually take 7 Business days for security checks involving documents. So based on that, you should get a response by the 12th.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by magicadil
      They usually take 7 Business days for security checks involving documents. So based on that, you should get a response by the 12th.
      Thanks!

Did anyone here have the same problem? I'm a bit scared that something is wrong and they could close my account so I could lose 630 USD I have there. :f_frown: Basically, I was just asked to reset a password (which I didn't manage to because didn't receive an SMS), but still... it's not a comfort situation.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      I've heard of others recieving the same request these last few days, and everything went fine afterwards so iwouldn't worry if i were you. Seems like it's something they are doing now to select accounts
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      I've heard of others recieving the same request these last few days, and everything went fine afterwards so iwouldn't worry if i were you. Seems like it's something they are doing now to select accounts
      Thanks! :f_thumbsup:
    • Caran78
      Caran78
      Basic
      Same problem here. Did you received Skrill answer already? I sent my ID today. Thanks.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Caran78
      Same problem here. Did you received Skrill answer already? I sent my ID today. Thanks.
      Skrill is usually slow in emails. You should give them a call or you will have to wait weeks.
    • Caran78
      Caran78
      Basic
      Thanks, but the phone call not easy from Hungary, and I cannot send my ID via phone ;) I hope they will back to me in the next days.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Caran78
      Haven't received an answer yet. Hope I will soon. :)
    • Caran78
      Caran78
      Basic
      Hi Alleen,

Please use @Ask_Skrill twitter for faster support. Just tweet your ticket number.
    • Gerardus
      Gerardus
      Bronze
      A lot of people (inclusive me!) have the same problem as you.

I think there is something wrong with Skrill.
    • Caran78
      Caran78
      Basic
      Yes. I submitted a ticket on Wednesday and they resolved the problem Saturday evening (I received new pass for login in Skrill mail and everythings fine now)
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yeah I had to reset my pass also, but it worked instantly.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Same here.. WTF... Someone has hacked skrill and now they want us to change passwords? :D
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, used the inquiry form last week, didn't get any response. Then used it again and used the tab like it was a password problem.
      Received an automated mail with a generated password, now i'm able to log back in, but the email says i have to change my password aswell, but now i have the same problem as before and that was not receiving a SMS-message to change my password.

Anyone with the same problem?
    • la55i
      la55i
      For me they just sent a link to my e-mail where I could change my password and that's it..
    • srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TetraQuark
      Yeah I had to reset my pass also, but it worked instantly.
      Same here
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hey guys!

Today I received an e-mail with the new password. So, everything is fine now! :)
    • Ed1n4
      Ed1n4
      Bronze
      Hello, I wonder if anyone has gone or is going through the same problems as me.
      Opened a Skrill account is less than a month, I sent my papers and they were approved and validated account.
      Makes 28 days that I did a survey of 170 dollares a poker room to my Skrill account, when I enter the Skrill account, asked me reset my password for security reasons, the time to reset the password there was a problem, a message containing security code one would be sent to my cell phone, it happens that this message did not reach my phone. I contacted the suport and had no answer.
      To my surprise, the security code had come, but the link to reset the password had expired, so I tried to repeat the process and reset or recover password, but a new message appears to me: "Please get in touch with us
      For your security please get in touch with us to reset your password "(" Please get in touch with us
      For your safety, please contact us to reset your password ")
      Gone 20 days and not even a Skrill reply e-mail, :why: sent by email Skrill site containing my ID account, I reenviei My Documents, lifting voucher and nothing, no one to meet me.:deadhappy:
      :ayfkm: The Skrill touch phones do not offer suport for Portuguese-speaking Brazil.
      I feel robbed.
      Has anyone had this kind of disorder in the Skrill?
      Any help will be appreciated, thank you all for your attention.
    • Ed1n4
      Ed1n4
      Bronze
      Thanks for the directions Super Moderator brunogalvão8, after days and days of waiting Skrill sent me the date of 05/03 password to access my account.
      Note 1 to 10 for Skrill: 3
      Not that Skrill is bad for their services, but attendance by email to a Brazilian was terrible.
      For those who buy and sell dollares time is money, and lost a lot of time when I made the transfer to the Skrill dollar was 4 and a broken, is now 3.79
      But now it's solved beauty