Help! Lost my starting bankroll!

• Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      SHIT! This is terrible.

I almost lost all my starting bankroll I only have a couple of dollars left. This is very very bad and I'm having difficulties beating NL10 on full tilt LOL. May sound like a joke but its not funny OK. Need some serious help. Hope pokerstrategy won't kick me out of membership and need some great poker players on this forum to figure this poker thing out for me. I am so fucked. I started out with the best intentions. I call myself the next Phil Ivey but this is absolutely killing me.

What the fuck is going on!? I should be battling the likes of Ziigmundo and Durrrr on railheaven and taking all their money but now I'm almost broke! No car insurance and freeroll tournaments can't pay my mortgage payments! This sucks!! If only I could spike my flush everytime on the turn then I wouldn't go broke so easily! Fucking full tilt is rigged

Hoping the awesome PS members can help a brother out! THANKS!
  • 45 replies
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      You may noticed 10% rake on Full Tilt NL10 compared with NL25 or any other serious site with rake 5%. Its really hard to beat. I guess you should try freerolls, new deposit or go to serious work.
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      just stick some bankrollmanagements with a deposit...
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      deposit your own money....

reevaluate your own game and post some hands

50$ is not enough for NL10 anyways.

And hold on you saying something about mortgage payments.
      Here is your new number 1 rule and expectation:

I will not play with money I need.
      I will not need my winnings to pay bills

The bill part is giving you way to much pressure when your starting out.
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      [quote][i]I almost lost all my starting bankroll I only have a couple of dollars left. This is very very bad and I'm having difficulties beating NL10 on full tilt LOL. May sound like a joke but its not funny OK.[/quote]Then why did you laugh if it aint funny?

..but now I'm almost broke! No car insurance and freeroll tournaments can't pay my mortgage payments! This sucks!! If only I could spike my flush everytime on the turn then I wouldn't go broke so easily!
      Well, seriously, if this is the case, i would think that you have bigger problems that loosing $50, and you will onyl get yourself in a worse position in life if you need to make money via poker to pay the mortgage.

Fucking full tilt is rigged
      I think that just sums your attitude up........
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Get a job. :)

If you can't beat NL10, its going to be a long time before you can make a living from poker.
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      thanks for the support guys
      lots of cool sound advices but its a little too late

i am officially broke fuck shit fuck i have given all my money to donkeys who can't even spell poker but I'LL be back for sure
      i am future of poker lol

thx a lot buddies

i believe in jesus ferguson
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      It might be a good plan to give up this entire:
      "I'm the future of poker, I'm the next Phil Ivey, I should be beating Ziigmund and Durrr thing", and actually sit down with some humility and LEARN a lot of theory, apply that theory, and maybe then, you could beat NL10, and start to move on through the ranks, and hopefully in about 2-3 years (if you are truly that good) we will see you beating Durrr, untill then, don't get to full of yourself.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dickbreakr
      thanks for the support guys
      lots of cool sound advices but its a little too late

i am officially broke fuck shit fuck i have given all my money to donkeys who can't even spell poker but I'LL be back for sure
      i am future of poker lol

thx a lot buddies

i believe in jesus ferguson
      So you're a bum now?
    • gofaster
      gofaster
      Bronze
      hi just read ur post, im gofaster. i only started myself about 2 years ago so im still a learner, but if theres one thing i,ve learnt is to have patience. you will get good cards in the end. u just av to sit and wait. if thats any help.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Maybe you should take a look at travis white's thread on his 25%, 15%, 60% theory again.

travis whites 25% 15% 60% theory
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You remind me of Phil Helmuth more than of Phil Ivey. But anyway, other people almost sayed everything, big rake on NL10 at Full Tilt, and in adition to this, looooads of shortstacks so this is not the place where you want to be. ;)
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Full tilt is a rough place to start out with $50 because they don't have the really small stakes like .01/.02 NL or FL. Try out a bonus from one of the sites that offer these tiny games if you have an extra $50 to put in yourself. But if you're behind a bill or two then you're much better off putting $50 on one of those bills.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gofaster
      hi just read ur post, im gofaster. i only started myself about 2 years ago so im still a learner, but if theres one thing i,ve learnt is to have patience. you will get good cards in the end. u just av to sit and wait. if thats any help.
      +1

gofaster's got the idea & will no doubt go far.

I have just battled through NL10 on Full Tilt & now playing NL25. Have much higher BR available to play higher limits, but wanted to go right back to basics after quite a few years on the poker scene & learn cheaply. Learnt loads & some!

Like the thread starter, I had numerous problems & downswings in NL10, some of the reasons already been stated by fellow members above, but there are many more, not least i played like a right banana sometimes.

I never risked my BR however, I walked away before tilting (except once or twice) and never had thoughts of grandeur.

If you start playing poker to make money, then poker is probably not for you. Greed weighs heavy on a players shoulders.

Play for enjoyment, look, listen & learn and who knows, it might just work out financially too if the dedication/effort is put in.

Above not aimed at anyone specific, all 'generic' you's and posted in hope of helping fellow members, don't take personally. An opinion, obtained the hard way over many years, but feel free to disagree or post alternative views.

Good luck.

Bart.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I hope that's some kinda level......

if not: pls rethink your whole approach and read our psychology articles as well as the bankroll management articles.

TribunCaesar
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      I hope that's some kinda level......

if not: pls rethink your whole approach and read our psychology articles as well as the bankroll management articles.

TribunCaesar
      Sorry Trib, not sure I understand. You referring to my previous comments or to the original thread regarding BRM?

Cheers,

Bart
    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by gofaster
      hi just read ur post, im gofaster. i only started myself about 2 years ago so im still a learner, but if theres one thing i,ve learnt is to have patience. you will get good cards in the end. u just av to sit and wait. if thats any help.[/quote

wow thanks a lot, u guys are amazing like always
      i know i sound bit weird but i was really pissed off

but seriously, right here is the BEST poker advice i've ever seen, i think it will help me a lot. only if i read it earlier i wouldn't have lost my bankroll!!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I am referring to Op, not to your posts. ;)
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      The next Phil Ivey? Sounds more like a broke Phil Hellmuth :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      ...May sound like a joke but its not funny OK.
      I disagree!

Need some serious help.
      I agree!

What the fuck is going on!? I should be battling the likes of Ziigmundo and Durrrr on railheaven and taking all their money but now I'm almost broke! No car insurance and freeroll tournaments can't pay my mortgage payments! This sucks!! If only I could spike my flush everytime on the turn then I wouldn't go broke so easily! Fucking full tilt is rigged
      Hoping the awesome PS members can help a brother out! THANKS!
      I lolled hard!