The Greatest Dane

• Malendes
      Malendes
      Hello everyone!
      As the title suggests, I am from Denmark. Being a Dane, I believe it is my duty to take over and carry on the torch, after the fall of a true warrior and leader of Danish poker, the man, the myth, the legend: Gus Hansen (where the f*** is he? :deadhappy: ).

‘Why were there more people into poker in 2003?’
      ‘I won a couple of tournaments and everybody saw even idiots can win tournaments. That’s what happened’ – Gus Hansen, The Great Dane
      When I turned 18, two years ago, I began playing and studying poker frequently. Even though I love the game and the competition in MTTs, I tend to lose my motivation. Right now I have been playing almost on a daily basis the last 3 months, and one of my main goals with this blog, is to keep focused and motivated about my game.

‘Malendes, how will you continue the legacy of Danish poker?’ – by crushing some of the most prestigious and phenomenal poker games; micro stakes Hold’em MTTs and Badugi cash games.

My main goal is to stay motivated and continue my volume in MTTs – around 150 MTTs per month, 2-tabling at PokerStars. Besides that I would like to double my bankroll during the next 3 months. DONE

After finishing my goal on doubling my BR in 3 months (from 1.15k to 2.3k), I guess I will dream bigger now :f_p:

New goals:

:spade: $10.000 Bankroll by the end of 2016 - Starting BR (after a withdraw from last challenge): $2.880
      :heart: Study. Keep discussing hands, watch videos and get HH review and potential coaching
      :diamond: Volume. Get SilverStar on PokerStars (500 VPPs monthly)
      :club: Sunday Million 10A. Play my A-game in the Sunday Million 10A

And the most important: stay focused and motivated - enjoy poker :f_love:
      Graph starting at 8th February 2016:
      [/quote]

Starting bankroll and MTT schedule:
      Bankroll: $1.150

Daily MTT schedule:
      Bounty Builders, Progressive Super-Knockouts and Zooms

Weekends:
      Sunday Mini-Million, Sunday Storm, The Big, The Hot, Bounty Builders, Progressive Super-Knockouts, Zooms
  • 87 replies
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Day 1

I had no enormous cashes, but I ran deep in 2 out of four of my tournies and overall very pleased with my game at the moment :f_love:

$3.30 2.5k$ GTD - 12th/1.031 runners, $32.47 cash
      $3.30 2.5k$ GTD - 45th/1.036 runners, $9.94 cash

I certainly need to work on my late game, usually I get way too spicy when the MTTs are down to 3 tables. :f_frown:
      Probably going to look into some late game strategy and maybe start playing some SNGs to get more experienced playing tournaments with few players left.

Clonie Gowen: 'I have an above average hand'
      Gus Hansen, Poker After Dark: 'I have something that is above average too - but we don't talk about it here'
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Ah, GL to you! Def interested in following another MTT blog! :) and ofc, will support as a fellow scandinavian! :f_thumbsup:
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by vonki
      Ah, GL to you! Def interested in following another MTT blog! :) and ofc, will support as a fellow scandinavian! :f_thumbsup:
      Thanks Vonki, always good with some fellow Scandinavian poker players :f_love:
    • rompas
      rompas
      oh the new Gus have arrived :f_cool: , good luck from me also, as i am Swedish i will also follow you :f_thumbsup:
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Day 2, 3 and 4

My volume the first couple of days have been poor, but my motivation and results are doing very well. So far I only played 13 tournies the last 4 days, but min. cashed a few and got one final table :f_love:

Probably the first FT in my career where I have been the favorite going in to the last 9 man in a MTT. Even with very little experience at late game MTT, I felt like Phil Ivey against the rest of the final-9 - with some of them never cashing for more than $50. I didn't managed to ship it though, but all in all i'm pleased with my 6th place.

$4.40 Progressive Super-Knockout 18k$ GTD - 6th, $490,81 (cash + KOs)

Starting bankroll: $1.150
      Current bankroll: $1.653

Some hands from the last few days:
      $4.40 PSKO - JJ fold pre?
      $3.30 - KK on Ace turn
      $3.30 - A6 Defend blind vs Big Stack

Originally posted by rompas
      oh the new Gus have arrived :f_cool: , good luck from me also, as i am Swedish i will also follow you :f_thumbsup:
      All the swedes arriving :f_love: hejsan Sverige

No update without some golden Gus quotes...

Knocked out of the 2013 WSOP Main event, Gus be like....

Gus Hansen: "People always think that I am crazy and going all in with J4 off suited"

"So you got it in with the best hand?"

Gus Hansen: "No, I had 94 off."
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Day 5 - 8

I didn't have much time to play poker this weekend :f_frown:

I decided to go back to the NLHE cash tables for one day though, because of Pokerstars promotion: the Silver and Gold Challenges.

Usually I am a losing player at NL5, but because of the promotion (I assume) the NL10 tables were really soft yesterday, so I ended up winning: $33,12 + $5 and a ticket in rewards for completing the challenges :f_thumbsup:

Current bankroll: $1.692

Lets wrap it up with a classic Gus Hansen moment. Gus fired at the end of the video @4:55 :f_love:

• Malendes
      Malendes
      Week 2

Just had around 10 days away from poker... great start to my blog :f_p:

Atleast I am motivated to play a lot now and yesterday I played 11 MTTs running deep in two of them.

$3.30 2.5k$ GTD - 6th/1.042 runners, $126.29 cash
      $2.20 Zoom 3k$ GTD - 11th/1.830 runners, $28.54 cash

Graph so far:

Current bankroll: $1.807

The Great Dane showing Phil Ivey who is the best :fouet:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Sweet start, congratz! :f_thumbsup:
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Week 3

Originally posted by vonki
      Sweet start, congratz! :f_thumbsup:
      Thanks. And yeah, I am quite pleased with my poker so far this year. So far I have been running deep in many MTTs, sadly I tend to get out of hand, going in to the last 3-4 tables in the tours :f_frown:

I am going to start studying harder on my game and for the first time I ordered help from a pro :f_cool: Starting with HH reviews and looking for some coaching soon - hopefully that can help me improve my lategame play so I can take those MTTs down, instead of busting when reaching top 20-25.

Yesterday summed it up when I ran deep in two MTTs again, but busted just before the payouts got really fun :pcuser:

The Big $4.40, $12K GTD - 29th/3.892 runners, $35.02 cash
      $5.50 NL Hold'em [2R1A], $3K GTD - 31th/240 runners, $22.15 cash

Current bankroll: $1.866
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Week 4

Been a pretty quiet last few days for my poker tournies. Pretty much been busting everyone, min cashing a few and then finally one deep run getting me back to back even over the last 4-5 days.

$2.20 Zoom 3k$ GTD - 6th/1.613 runners, $120.97 cash

I finally started to invest in my poker game, and so far ordered my first HH review - pretty excited about it, hopefully I can learn a lot from it. And I also got Silver status on PokerStrategy :f_love:
      After my HH reviews, I will probably try to find a coach :f_cool: Anyone of you who know a (not too expensive) micro-low stakes MTT coach that you would recommend?

Current bankroll: $1.890

Going to wrap it up with a bad joke :f_ugly:

My blonde 19 year old next door neighbor has just asked me if I know about missing items from her washing line.

I nearly shit her pants
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Unf I am not that familiar with MTT and MTT material/coaches but you can always check out the private coaching section! :f_grin:
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Currently sitting on 1st place with 15 players left in the Bounty Builder $5,50 (Saturday Special).
      Already locked up $435 from bounties + current payout, making it one of my best results :f_drink:
    • rompas
      rompas
      Well done sir if i am right i see you won it :f_drink:
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Week 5

Been playing quite a lot of poker this week. Yesterday I cashed in 6 out of 13 MTTs without hitting any significant runs and busted on quite a few bad beats. Pretty sure I was just saving my run good for today where I won the $5,50 Bounty Builder :f_love: Took down 2,6k$ which is by far my best result so far. All in all it was a pretty weird tourny and due to the massive bounties and the relative small payouts, I played the tourny completely different then I usually play. Normally I got around 20 VPIP, but in the Bounty Builder I saw 43% of the flops, meaning my VPIP probably were around 50 (which somehow did that I won :f_ugly: ).

I have also been grinding the 10A Sunday Million sats, without getting a ticket :f_frown: If I dont sat my way in, I will just forget about my BRM for one day and buyin directly :f_p:

$5.50 Bounty Builder [Saturday Special] - 1st/6.421 runners, $2.597,32 cash

This also mean that I completed one of my goals:
      Originally posted by Malendes
      Besides that I would like to double my bankroll during the next 3 months.
      Current bankroll: $4.380 :f_love:

• Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by rompas
      Well done sir if i am right i see you won it :f_drink:
      Ty very much :f_drink:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Well done sir with winning the tournament :f_thumbsup:
    • 49Allex94
      49Allex94
      Bronze
      Congratz!!!How you improve the game to the last 3/4 tables?
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Update - New Goals

After finishing my goal on doubling my BR in 3 months (from 1.15k to 2.3k), I guess I will dream bigger now :f_p:

New goals:

:spade: $10.000 Bankroll by the end of 2016 - Starting BR (after a withdraw from last challenge): $2.880
      :heart: Study. Keep discussing hands, watch videos and get HH review and potential coaching
      :diamond: Volume. Get SilverStar on PokerStars (500 VPPs monthly)
      :club: Sunday Million 10A. Play my A-game in the Sunday Million 10A

And the most important: stay focused and motivated - enjoy poker :f_love:

Originally posted by SDK1987
      Well done sir with winning the tournament :f_thumbsup:
      Originally posted by 49Allex94
      Congratz!!!How you improve the game to the last 3/4 tables?
      Thanks guys :f_love: To be honest I dont think I can compare my usually tournies with the one I just won - so I really dont know if I have improved my late game (last 3/4 tables) much. Usually I bust tournies because I get way too fancy when I going into lategame, but I think that might have been the reason why I won the Bounty Builder (being extremely aggro to win as many bounties as possible). With 75% of the prizemoney being dealt in bounties, the actual payouts and payjumps lost alot of its value, making it alright that I was being fancy and extremely aggro, playing around half of my 700 hands in the MTT.

But I might have gotten better at adjusting my play to my stack and my villains in late game and from just that one deep run in the Bounty Builder I probably learned alot :f_love:
    • 49Allex94
      49Allex94
      Bronze
      If you have some tips to give I will be very happy because for one week before I finished on 18/1230 Bounty Builder 1.1$ and I won only 51$..I did'nt was aggresive,I only grind ,in the last 100 players I had over 2 mil. chips and the second place had under 1 mil..I don't know what to say..I played 8 hours and I was very mad,angry..