Micro Zoom SH in 2016

• nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Micro Zoom SH in 2016

Hey everyone!

I'm joining the bankroll challange.... again... :f_eek:

I picked up poker again a week ago after another several months break graph. I'm still feeling pretty rusty after the break but fortunately things are going my way most of the time. For now.

I will start at NL16 and at the moment my plan is to use rather aggressive BRM rules. I will start shooting NL25 if I hit $750.

There should be a lot of folks here playing microstakes Zoom and I will be happy if you stop by so we can discuss the games and try to improve.

Keeping this opening post short for now. If someone wants to ask me something - please go ahead :)

My graph for the past week:

Stats:

Bankroll:

:spade: Starting Bankroll: $580
      :spade: Target Bankroll: $3000

Good luck everyone! :f_thumbsup:
  • 16 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Good luck on your goals! I'm confident you will achieve your target :f_thumbsup:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      that is a solid winrate, looking for further upswingaments - GL!
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      @magicadil - Thanks! :f_grin:

@SvenBe - It's ok but I would like to see it in much bigger sample :f_biggrin: Thanks!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Man, why didn't you tell me about your blog? Luckily for you, I found it anyway!

But please don't blame me if you now start to run bad :f_biggrin: Best of luck my friend! :f_love:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Haha :f_thumbsup: Glad to see you here! :f_tongue:
      BTW Should I take this as a threat? You are going to bumhunt me at NL16... won't you... :f_frown:

Hope to see you at the tables :f_cool:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by nvelev
      Haha :f_thumbsup: Glad to see you here! :f_tongue:
      BTW Should I take this as a threat? You are going to bumhunt me at NL16... won't you... :f_frown:

Hope to see you at the tables :f_cool:
      hahahah, I hadn't planned for it tbh but I might have changed my mind just because it made me really laugh out loud :f_biggrin:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Well... you missed a great oppurtunity today... :f_rolleyes:

In the first few hundred hands I faced so much aggression that I almost coudn't believe it! Almost all my raises faced 3-bets and I missed most of the flops. Those few hundred hands were really tough for me to be honest. I guess you can't do much and just have to live with it while it lasts... :f_ugly:

On top of that I had some technical issues. At first my connection kept failing every 5 minutes... restarted the router and it didn't help... restarted PC and now HEM cannot connect to Postgres SQL... Ohhh come on... almost tilted.

Fixed that and rest of the evening went almost smoothly. Even got two straight flushes in 3 minutes (got pocket change but hey you don't see that everyday).

I'm happy with the volume but made some questionable plays. Might post some hands later for review if I still can't decide how badly I played.

Good luck at the tables :f_thumbsup:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hey!

Yesterday I took a break from the tables... went to visit my parents after work and when I got home it was already pretty late.
      It looks like I reached gold status... time to browse some new videos :f_pleased:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Enjoy! You can also now attend the Thursday's live coaching sessions with double2 & w34z3l!
      Find out more: Live coaching plan

CU,SvenBe
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

Hero (BTN): $23.84
      SB: $40.35
      BB: $16.12
      UTG: $35.52
      MP: $16.00
      CO: $7.38

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BTN with 8:spade: 8:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.32, 1 fold, BB calls $0.16

Flop: ($1.04) 8:club: 5:diamond: 2:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.49, BB raises to $1.46, CO folds, Hero calls $0.97

Turn: ($3.96) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $6, Hero calls $6

River: ($15.96) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $8.34 all in, Hero calls $8.34

Final Pot: $32.64
      Hero shows 8:spade: 8:heart: (three of a kind, Eights)
      BB shows 3:heart: 6:club: (high card King)
      Hero wins $31.17
      (Rake: $1.47)

• nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hey! :f_frown:

Today I decided to make an aggressive NL25 shot. It was super awesome, except that it wasn't.
      Flopped several monsters and got stacked off with all of them. I should have used stop loss limit or I should have taken a break at some point but I really don't think I played badly at any point. The worst timing for the worst run this month. It had to happen at some point.

Pretty sad that this shot ended so quickly :f_frown: Really enjoyed NL25 anyway.

GL Everyone!
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

After yesterday's NL25 shot in the morning I couldn't stay away from tables and decided to spin some go-s for fun. Fun = run bad and shoot higher stakes btw.
      I mean... come on... you can see how I ran on NL 25 and now this??

(Ended the session with small profit)

Today I wanted to give NL25 another go since yesterday I think I played well and much more disciplined than at NL16. Probably made few too nitty folds but nothing too bad. Marked several hands for evaluation and will check them tomorrow.

Something I find mildly interesting is that in about 2 000 hands today I don't have a single all in before the river (EV line = Profits).

Tomorrow will be my first weekly update for the challange. I have to attend to some private matters that will fill a large part of the day so I plan to spend my free time for evaluation and some videos. Let's see if I can stay away from the tables for one day... :f_grin:

P.S. Seems like I won status upgrade from PS promo which is super nice but I'm pretty sure I was already gold status so don't know what's up with that. Gold is pretty sufficient for relevant materials so it's cool either way. :f_grin:
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      Week 1 Recap

Hey! :f_drink:

First week of my challange is over. I'm satisfied with some of the aspects but not everything is positive...

Positives:
      - Good volume. Will be glad if I can maintain that during the following weeks
      - Overall played solid and without any major spews
      - Still alive and kicking at NL25 :f_biggrin:

Negatives:
      - Started playing at 4 Zoom tables and destroyed my red line. While I know that looking at red line in isolation doesn't mean quite that much I feel I'm folding too much in some spots (vs 3bet when OOP, on the turn when OOP as aggressor and 2nd barreling in 3bet pots) - taking recommendations or links for materials...
      - I didn't took my bad run at NL25 as good as I should. Didn't set a stop loss and while I think I still played good it got to me and probably caused some errors. I have never been good at stopping when running bad...
      - Playing higher level Spin and GOs? Come on... I should be better than this

Here's the graph for the first week:

And the result in numbers:

Week 1

Hands: 12645 (912 SnG + 11733 Cash)
      Profit: $123.78
      Starting Bankroll: $580
      Current Bankroll: $703.78
      Target Bankroll: $3000

Profits are from Spin and Go and Coins from PokerStars.
      Ran pretty hot with promotions... :f_cool:
      Got status upgrade from PS.
      Got 5000 coins from starts 10 steps challange.

C ya :f_drink:
    • FernandoCosta
      FernandoCosta
      Bronze
      awesome winrate , i think you shouldnt play zoom with 30 bi`ns i already tried and the variance is big even more at nl25 because your winrate will be smaller .
    • xavez0
      xavez0
      Bronze
      Hey! Popping in to wish good luck for you too! :f_drink:
      About redline recommendations, Redline Rampage series by w34az3l sounds like a good idea if you havent watched it yet! Pretty extensive material but you could focus on topics you feel more insecure about.

GL and have fun! :f_thumbsup:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi nvelev,

how is it going? Already giving up in the 2nd week of the BR challenge or did you already achieve your goal yet?

CU,SvenBe:profit: :profit: :profit: