Known players:
      BB:
      $24,20
      Hero:
      $36,50
      MP2:
      $50,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00, 3 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,10) K:spade: , J:diamond: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,00, MP2 raises to $4,50, BB folds, Hero raises to $11,75, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12,10

We must reraise to protect, right? If reraised, than it is a shove, right?

What if we are called and spade hits the turn? If we are called, the pot will be approx. $26 and we will have $23,75 left. Is it c/c or shove the turn?
      What if another card allowing straight possible hits the turn?

What about the betting sizes?
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It's only the small flop 3bet size that could give you tough decisions on later streets. If you make it $16/17 on the flop then you're pretty easily pot-committed on any turn since you deny villain the opportunity to meaningfully outdraw/outplay you. I wouldn't get too fancy OOP with much money behind and a hand to possibly misplay at some later point. NH apart from the flop 3bet size.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Bet 2.5$ on the flop, 3bet to 18$ => shove turn on any card!
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You are not very deep. You are not even deep,the definition of deep is >200BB.

We must reraise to protect, right? If reraised, than it is a shove, right?
      With his raise being smallish, y.I would 3bet bigger. If he was raising more I would just call as the pot will be big enough to get it in.
      If reraised, it is an easy shove with top set.

What if we are called and spade hits the turn? If we are called, the pot will be approx. $26 and we will have $23,75 left. Is it c/c or shove the turn?
      c/c if you think that he will bluff the turn. Shove yourself otherwise.You cant fold even with the spade hitting as you have less than potsize.

What if another card allowing straight possible hits the turn?
      On every nonspade you may make a suckerbet of 10-12$ to lure him in.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Being oop I´d played the same way.