Damn Tilt!

• THEDEATHSTRIKER
      THEDEATHSTRIKER
      Bronze
      Damn it I just went on tilt.
      A whole 4 hours perfect sss profit out the window! Well just about. I suppose the plus is that I am still in profit, minimally though and I can take it as a learning curve :(
      I play disciplined poker and do well, then all of a sudden I break my resolve becuse of a donk badbeat,re- buy in to the max and the sss goes out the window. In effect I turn donk because of a donk, but I should know better shouldn't I, and I do! So I am actually a bigger donk than the original person who donked me!!! :)
      This time I lost a whole max buy in on the first hand after a sss bad beat.
      I should have just accepted it, re-bought in at my usual level and carried on with the sss, I know this! yet sometimes, not often, the red mist just gets me. Does anyone else get the same? How do you combat it? I really am determined to stop these mindless and costly lapses in discipline but it just seems to happen so quick!

P.S it really doesn't happen to me very often but when it does it really stings!
      Anyway thanks for listening people. And let me know some of your stories to make me feel better ;)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Maybe this story helps:
      I also played sss a lot at the 2007 and when one time I played nl 50sss, didn´t get any hands, (also didnt know how to resteal) and lost 4-5 stacks even if I didn´t make imo any mistake.
      I didn´t got tilted for that, but decided that I´d take one last shot with my 300$ BR at nl10BSS and if I fail then I´d never play poker again.
      Less than one year later I was crushing nl 200sh games :)
      So maybe you should give also try to play bss strategy.
    • RavinMic
      RavinMic
      Bronze
      Whenever I take a bad beat, I need to get up and walk away from the computer. I either click myself at sitout or exit the game altogether. Go downstairs get a drink, maybe some fresh air, go to the bathroom, etc. Take a moment to think about what just happened without getting mad about it. Realize that donks play, and you want them to. In the long run their bad plays keep you in business. Just remind yourself that luck is a factor, and you can't avoid someones good luck all the time. If I buy back in right away, I go on tilt. It's that simple. You just have to calm yourself down before continuing. It's hard, I know. Believe me, my family is irish. lol. In the long run your good plays will outweigh their lucky ones.
    • THEDEATHSTRIKER
      THEDEATHSTRIKER
      Bronze
      Cheers guys your replies are appreciated. Will take everything said into acount and learn, as we all are doing.