PokerStrategy League

• Malendes
      Malendes
      Hi guys :f_drink:

I suggest some kind of league where we can play and compete against each other - fellow PokerStrategy-players.
      I know there have been HU-Championships and so on at PokerStrategy, but since most people play 6max or FR, and therefore isn't comfortable with their HU-game, I believe many skip these kind of opportunities to play with fellow PokerStrategy-players.

A league could be played as a weekly homegame at Pokerstars (playmoney or small buyins to avoid excluding people to play), where top X% in every tournament gets X-amount of points in the league.

I am not sure if there is any demand/interest in this, considering people at PokerStrategy play different limits/games and the majority plays cash (I assume), but personally I would like the opportunity to play and compete with you guys (easy money) :milord:
  • 26 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Malendes,

We used to have a tournament series called the PokerStrategy Open Series which used to run at the same time as the WSOP and mirrored the structures (but at vastly reduced buyins). This was discontinued because it didn't generate the interest we would of liked.

We have found since, that it can be difficult for even two players to be able to agree on a time in our HU SnG and HU Cash championships.

I have been privately (not officially) working on a variation of the HUSnG Champs which I have tentatively titled the "PokerStrategy.com Champions League".

This would be capped at 256 players + reserves. The first two rounds would be straight KO's like the existing HUSnG champs, however matches involving a no-show would be redrawn to include reserves.

When 64 players are left, they would be drawn into 8 groups of 8, where each player would play every player in their group 'Home and Away'. Home would mean you pick the format and structure, Away means your opponent does. All games would be played at the lowest limit unless both players agree to play higher. All games would be played at PokerStars unless both players agree to play elsewhere.

The top 2 qualifiers would go through to the round of 16 where another KO round will be played. The 8 survivors would then play another group stage (2 groups of 4) with the top 2 qualifiers from each group moving to the semifinals where it plays out as a KO until we have our champion.

Let us know what you think.

Laz
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Never heard about the Open Series. Would have played that, if I knew about it :f_frown:

The Champions League sounds fun though, I would definitely play it if I got the chance.
      But again I think the HU-format does that many players choose not to play... but I guess the MTT-format can have the same effect :why:

Do you know when you are starting this Champions League?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Malendes,

The Open Series was fun but ended in 2012, I think. As I said in my previous post, this is a private project and unless the supaninjas see this thread, they wouldn't know about it.:f_eek:

From my point of view, it is a long way off being finished as a viable option and an even further distance away from being accepted by the supaninjas.

But..... one day. :thinking:

Cheers

Laz
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Alright, good luck with your project... one day! :milord:
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• weisserriese16
      weisserriese16
      Basic
      I think a new league for pokerstrategy players would be a very good idea !!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Always wanted to run something like a league or an event series back in the day but we failed to pull it off in the end.

The PSOS (Open Series) was an absolute disaster because it was thrown together and rushed so quickly that it just failed miserably.

There is no excuse (imo) to not be able to run a weekend series (10-15 events) that would encompass as many games, variants etc and try to suit buy-in levels as well as timezones. That is the biggest problem here in the English Community is that everyone is so spread out (take a look at the member map and see for yourself.

I really think something (on a small scale) is doable at the very least and I am willing to devote some spare time to assist get it ready and help organize if need be.

Could be GREAT fun and maybe we can see some community spirit return???
    • Afulibador
      Afulibador
      Bronze
      Would be nice to match these tournaments to some kind of promotion here. Like a tab of prices that are given after a tournament series, and the best players overall would get a piece of that.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Afulibador
      Would be nice to match these tournaments to some kind of promotion here. Like a tab of prices that are given after a tournament series, and the best players overall would get a piece of that.
      Let's get a schedule etc together and work on the prizes after!
    • Afulibador
      Afulibador
      Bronze
      Of course, UPAY.
      Lazza, lets work this idea. Its a good time since its vacation time! :s_drink:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      We are working on something ;)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      'Allo 'Allo 'Allo, wot's going' on 'ere then?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Looks like an ideal place to share the good news Lazza!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      xxxxxxxxxCOMING SOON xxxxxxxxxxx

WHAT: The PokerStrategy.com Weekend Series
      WHEN: June 24th - July 03rd
      HOW: Through a PokerStars Home Game Club

HIGHLIGHTS

- Live stream coverage with LemOn
      - Bountied players including LemOn and PokerStars TeamOnline's CoreySteel
      - Tournament leaderboard prizes