[NL20-NL50] NL 20 FR - JJ overpair

• TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      This is my first hand I will post, I try to improve my game, hopefully I would become a regular poster..

I have had quite an extensive history with UTG and would consider myself preflop ahead most of the times. During the hand, I contemplated r on the flop since I still consider myself ahead. Some 5 hands before, I won app 4$ from him without showdown, he bet 2 times oop and folded to my raise when an A hit. his WTS indicates he finds folding a bit hard.. but still at river, i cannot put him on the hand i am beating.. he had lost the very previous hand bcs of kicker vs SS, might be steaming with AK? (my guesses> 99 or TT or even 22) still I am not sure if I could lose some less money here.. probably squeezing preflop was an option, but I wanted to slowplay JJ vs his agression in pos..

any ideas how to play differently postflop?
      thx
  • 5 replies
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $21.26
      UTG2:
      $13.17
      Hero:
      $15.92

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $0.80, UTG2 calls $0.80, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.80, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.70) 6:spade: , 2:club: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.60, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.90) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($13.90) T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $10.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.90
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I think reraise on the turn. that way you at least get a free card on the river (or you know that you should fold). I would reraise preflop though because you have position and you'll get much more information based on what he does facing your 3bet.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      the problem with rraising turn is that even with minr i would have less than 6$ left vs almost 22$ pot so i would be pretty much pot comitted.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      3bet preflop! Easy play for stacks with this guy in 3bet pot on this board, you are only 75 BB deep. As played cal river easy!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi TheLastNail.
      If you put him QQ+, then you should fold turn.
      If not then probably calldown is fine, but also fold on the river is fine, since it is not that likely that he´d triple barrle with AK.
      I think your hand is a lot easier to play if you 3-bet pf and fold to 4-bet
      Or other option raise flop and get money all-in, since you´re still ahead his range and he can´t put you on JJ.