tournament players sitting out

• cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Basic
      I was playing a free ticket tournament(smooth $2000) in 888 poker the other day and it was time to change tables. In the new table 2 players had about 25k+ chips in hand and both never played(sitting out) the whole time.
      when it was time to change tables they were down to about 14-19k... Is this a good strategy to follow?:f_frown:
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I wouldn’t newer sitting out in a tournament, but in a freeroll it’s very common that people are doing this to get ITM without a sweat. I would always prefer to build up my stack even more with the edge I have against all those fishy players. There are also a lot of people with starting stacks that sitting out and then you can win a lot of chips without a sweat either.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      I would be using these freerolls to learn about playing poker as much as anything, and you won't do that by sitting out! Anyway, the amount of cash you get for just getting ITM is so small that its better to invest your time in these freerolls going for the big money.
    • gomaros
      gomaros
      Bronze
      you can sit out as long as there is no ante on the table, but if u see that many ppl are sitting out allready, you might want to consider to stay and try take their blinds