BB or ABB?

• sooley570
      sooley570
      Bronze
      This is something I have been wondering for a little while now.

I always hear everyone talking about what the right move is based on (among other factors) BBs but extremely rarely ever see or hear about the tourny adjusted big blind stat (at least that is what it is in hold em manager). I use the ABB stat for STTs and just apply what I think I should be doing with x number of BBs but using the ABB stat especially now that at pokerstars there is an ante the whole way through the SnG.

Is this correct? Are lots of people doing this or will there be discrepancies in what I am doing vs. what I should be doing and/or how other players will react because they think we are deeper stacked than we really are?
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I think you indeed a point that the stacks are smaller now thanks to the BB at the start of the STT. So is the adjusted big blind (ABB) stat now more useful than it first was. So than you can adjust a little bit better when you need to shove or you can still raise if you have ABB of >10.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      +1 antes make huge difference, you have to adjust properly for antes or you'll miss spots

antes from the start is one of the reasons I dropped ST/MT SNGs at PokerStars, it changes early and late stages