SB and BB preflop - general question

• FarNorth
      FarNorth
      Bronze
      Do hands not shown (lower value) in the starting hand chart still mean a fold in the SB? Obviously in the BB one checks any 'lower-than-the-chart' hand if given the opportunity, but in the small blind is something like A9o not worth the cost of a SB?
  • 3 replies
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      FarNorth,

There are more advanced charts available for you now in the Bronze strategy section. These charts give you some better ideas for how to play in different situations such as in the SB with callers ahead of you.

Don't use these charts immediately or you may get yourself in some difficult positions postflop. Things like calling with A9o when the flop comes an ace, you are out of position with the possibility of a bigger ace behind you. Playing by the basic charts will give you some experience of playing postflop.

Once you think you rae ready though, by all means use the Bronze Charts, they allow for many more situations and can be of great assistance to you.

Make sure to post those hands you have trouble with in the hand judgings, it will really help you out in the borderline situations you may find yourself in.

Good luck

Aaron
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      just one thing: A9o is not worth 1 SB in 90%+ situations! If you have hand like this, it's either fold or raise... But as Chazza already said: stick to chart you use now (i don't know why you shouldn't use bronze one btw) and don't try deviate from it.. When it's not said you should call or raise, then just fold and don't worry - you'll save a lot of money this way, because playing hands like A9o posftlop out of position can be dangerous.

There'll be more advanced charts in gold section, but stick 110% to the one you're using now.

Good luck!
    • FarNorth
      FarNorth
      Bronze
      Thank you. I haven't quite gotten the SHC memorized so I'll stick to it for a while longer. I also know I need to get more used to believing the signals that are sent from the other players - I need to exercise that and lay down more hands that are questionable.

Thanks again.