Are you beating NL10 6max Zoom ?

• msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      Hello there !

I have been playing at NL10 6max Zoom for a while now and I am still struggling to turn profit there. I fixed many little things along the way and I am working on fixing, tuning and adjusting more of them as I go. So I think I am on the right track to reach -beating-. Just to be clear, I am not complaining or anything. I take it more as a challenge.

Anyway, I wonder how tough this challenge might be actually. Since I talked to one fellow grinder (who used to play at stars at zoom, but now he is on some small more juicy site) and he told me even Flixx, who is really good player and a pro, was able to beat NL10 6max Zoom only for around 2-3bb/100. And that really schocked me and maybe my little challenge is not little at all.

So I wanted to ask you guys, if there is anyone, who is turning profit over more than 100 000 hands. And what your winrate is?

Thanky u ! :f_drink:
  • 8 replies
    • msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      nobody at all ? :)
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi Msnek,

I am sure we have some players around that was beating this limit, you can take a look at this blog Get Rich or Die Tryin' The Bankroll Challenge - NL10 Blog bonecore sample size is not 100k hands but still nice profit

Regards/ Rompas
    • msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      Thanks for an answer. Checked that out. Seems good, but it also seems the guy is playing regular tables :/
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      I would reconsider how you categorize a "good player" ... ;) There is a thread on 2+2 that discusses winrates on different stakes on PokerStars taking rakeback also into account, google "Rake analysis between PLO & NLHE incl. Zoom".

Basically winrates on zoom are lower (there are multiple reasons for that) compared to regular tables. But still very beatable!
      Also a word of advice for a sample that you will find in that thread. If a player crushes a stake, he doesn't stay at that stake for longer than 100k hands before moving up. So usually ppl putting in 300-500k hands on nl10/nl25/nl50 are not that good of players and that significantly skews the numbers in that report.
    • rompas
      rompas
      Originally posted by msnek
      Thanks for an answer. Checked that out. Seems good, but it also seems the guy is playing regular tables :/
      Yeah saw that also but still alot of good reading and hopefully something can help you on your way to next limit..

And thx Tetra for your input, :f_thumbsup:

No idea if you looked for some videos but maybe this one can be something for you

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/39600/

Good luck / Rompas
    • kriko92
      kriko92
      Bronze
      It's definitely beatable, crushable even. I have 4.59 bb/100 over 170k hands and I'm playing like an idiot most of the time because of mindset problems...
    • msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      Thank you very much guys for the info ! :f_thumbsup:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      iv been playing nl10 zoom on and off for years and its getting more and more toughter like every month. regs who were proffitable on higher limits are getting pushed down by even better players. its not like nl10 is super hard, but winrates are not worth it imo for some one who is not "really solid". i have like 300k+ sample of break even results, but im really improving skills wise all the time. recently just gave up on zoom and went to a small site to play regular tables and it was the best decision ever. the difference is massive even when im paying 12bb/100 rake now instead of 6bb/100 i had on zoom.

good luck! :)